Normal User

Default Just posted this on MMORPG

This is in response to an article over there about free trials. Talk about timing. Couldn't resist saying my bit. Happy to share

I have played many MMO over the years, eventually they all come out with free trials.

Some I give another try (DAoC) to see if I can get back into it (no) , and whether the issues that made me leave the game have been resolved.

The ones that target me via email with offers for previous customers (AoC, CoH) are more likely to get me back unless the experience was really bad. (AoC ~ no chance regardless of changes made)

A recent trial (Darkfall) that I very much enjoyed, even though it was not free, but $1, impressed me. I liked the fact I had to cough up a tiny amount of cash for 7 days to try the game. This meant I was safe in the knowledge that a vast majority of people trying the game along with me were in fact at least serious enough about it to hand over a token amount of cash and payment details (less kids, gold farmers, idiots etc). This really cut out on a huge amount of the usual crap you see when taking up a trial. Clever move Darkfall.

Also I found the community very helpful indeed for the most part. (The guidance vids put up with a link from this very website were incredibly useful and very well made, for example)

I have 1 day left of my trial and I will be subscribing to the game...I might have ANYWAY..but today they time it perfectly and bring out a discount if you sub to the game which includes purchase of the game itself and 3 months of game time, OR another discount of 30% off for existing subs for 6 months, so also looking after the existing playerbase. Superb.

This to me shows that a far greater amount of thought has gone into this particular trial than most others. Free is NOT always best. I am looking forward to my time in Darkfall, I simply find it a complete change to all these crappy WoW clone, Themepark types of MMO that bore me so very very fast and never manage to really grip me for long.

Darkfall is the first trial of any MMO I have tried, to actually get me to sub. So yes, they can work. If given enough thought.

Banned

good job boys keep up the advertising

ive heard mutliple trial noobs say they didnt like the first day and then the next day they post "OMGGG BEST GAME EVER", once they wipe off the dirt they find this game is pure gold.

welcome

1000+ Long term follower

It really is a great time to try out darkfall.
    Last edited by Ivanhoe; 03-03-2010 at 00:34.

Normal User

Welcome to Darkfall.

Normal User

My trial-week is coming up to an End in a couple of Hours. And im totally in Love with the game.

I followed the game untill realese last year, but didn´t bought it....im now regreting that!

The worst thing is that i have one week left until payday, so no Darkfall in that time. I can already feel the absence crawling up upon me.

The worst thing is all the crap one has read about this game, i wonder how many that haven`t even giving it a chance couse of that, to bad i say. Couse it is really worth it i think.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlifyr View Post
    My trial-week is coming up to an End in a couple of Hours. And im totally in Love with the game.

I followed the game untill realese last year, but didn´t bought it....im now regreting that!

The worst thing is that i have one week left until payday, so no Darkfall in that time. I can already feel the absence crawling up upon me.

The worst thing is all the crap one has read about this game, i wonder how many that haven`t even giving it a chance couse of that, to bad i say. Couse it is really worth it i think.
    That must really suck, but now that your playing.. there's no complaining at all.

Indeed I too am quite pleased with the trial so far.

Yummy.

Feel free use my link to sign up guys if you would like a nice start up package

edit: NA server here
    Last edited by vanyok; 03-03-2010 at 01:10.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting