Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000+ Long term follower

Default State of game since I played last...

I posted this in the OT in the big thread but things got crazy and buried as usual...

Anyway I was just wondering if the same things that bothered me when I played were still existent in the game.

My biggest gripes were as follows...

1. There was no stealth... I'm not talking about insta-invis but they said you could hide in shadows/darkness/bushes etc. There wasn't anything stealthy about DF and there wasn't a way to play a stealthy/assassin character... Wasn't there even talk about a predator style camo at one point?

2. The combat was horrendous!
    A) Too way too many hits to kill someone via melee
    B) Circle strafing was the name of the game
    C) If you didn't have magic you lost...
    D) Melee was just boring... there weren't powers/or abilities (not talking about root...) but there was just a dull power attack, knock back and some broken seize power... Melee combat basically stayed the same since you created your character...
    E) One of the most unbalanced systems I've seen... Magic was beyond OP but worse was the fact that you had to grind each specific spell (rather than the school) to hell...

3. EVERY DAMN CHARACTER WAS BUILT THE SAME WAY! This was my biggest gripe. It was soo ridiculously boring... "Oh how are you specced, just like me I see, what about you, oh the same huh..." Yeah you might as well have just removed skills/magic all together and turned it into a FPS since EVERYONE was the same... MMO's need variation and diversity in order to succeed imo. DF didn't have any imo.

Thanks in advance
    Killer 93% Socializer 53% Achiever 40% Explorer 13%

Quote Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
    I posted this in the OT in the big thread but things got crazy and buried as usual...

Anyway I was just wondering if the same things that bothered me when I played were still existent in the game.

My biggest gripes were as follows...

1. There was no stealth... I'm not talking about insta-invis but they said you could hide in shadows/darkness/bushes etc. There wasn't anything stealthy about DF and there wasn't a way to play a stealthy/assassin character... Wasn't there even talk about a predator style camo at one point?

2. The combat was horrendous!
    A) Too way too many hits to kill someone via melee
    B) Circle strafing was the name of the game
    C) If you didn't have magic you lost...
    D) Melee was just boring... there weren't powers/or abilities (not talking about root...) but there was just a dull power attack, knock back and some broken seize power... Melee combat basically stayed the same since you created your character...
    E) One of the most unbalanced systems I've seen... Magic was beyond OP but worse was the fact that you had to grind each specific spell (rather than the school) to hell...

3. EVERY DAMN CHARACTER WAS BUILT THE SAME WAY! This was my biggest gripe. It was soo ridiculously boring... "Oh how are you specced, just like me I see, what about you, oh the same huh..." Yeah you might as well have just removed skills/magic all together and turned it into a FPS since EVERYONE was the same... MMO's need variation and diversity in order to succeed imo. DF didn't have any imo.

Thanks in advance
    Yeah I stopped at the stealth part. I don't think this game is for you.
    EyeBeat Women - MASTER PLAN

8000+

I completely agree that they need to help stealthing out a bit more

They've added specializations

and Magic isn't AS bad anymore but archery still needs help

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by EyeBeatWomen View Post
    You don't agree that they need to keep in shadows, more bushes to stealth in and darkness?

I also think they need to make the world more lively, waterfall sounds, wildlife sounds etc.
    Last edited by Jedicake; 02-28-2010 at 06:29.

They do not need to help stealthing at all.

Go play WOW.
    EyeBeat Women - MASTER PLAN

8000+

They do not need to help stealthing at all.

Go play WOW.
    Destroyer does

Stop being a mage, scrub

2000+ Long term follower

It must be fun being so ignorant and close-minded...

Same haha.

-MrDDT
    DFUW: Lady DDT

Don't confuse me with DrDDT DDT on NA, it was some other person that took my name from EU and used it on NA.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Same haha.
    I'd love to hear why

Because, the stealth in DF is the stealth I like, anything more is too much IMO.

The players that like stealth like WOW has or other games are the ones that cant handle using tactics in a fight. Stealth is so OP in almost any fight its way to hard to balance.

I dont remember the devs saying any of that stuff about stealth.

-MrDDT

Don't confuse me with DrDDT DDT on NA, it was some other person that took my name from EU and used it on NA.

8000+

Because, the stealth in DF is the stealth I like, anything more is too much IMO.

The players that like stealth like WOW has or other games are the ones that cant handle using tactics in a fight. Stealth is so OP in almost any fight its way to hard to balance.

Wow, you can't read can you, he said NOTHING about instant invisible stealth, all that he was implying was more bushes, more darkness and more shadows to sneak around

and all I'm implying is a more lively world, like waterfall sounds, wildlife sounds, and maybe even thunder when it's raining

2000+ Long term follower

You're the definition of an idiot fanboy... Try READING the OP before you post in any thread again...
    Last edited by Erratic; 02-28-2010 at 06:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
    You're the definition of an idiot fanboy... Try READING the OP before you post in any thread again...

Learn to read your own thread before speaking huh?

I already told you I stopped reading after I saw your retarded post about stealth.

-MrDDT

2000+ Long term follower

Learn to read your own thread before speaking huh?

I already told you I stopped reading after I saw your retarded post about stealth.
    You couldn't even finish the sentence about stealth obviously...

You are opposed to adding upon an element that already exists. I never said anything about insta-stealth, i talked about shadows, bushes the environment etc just like the devs mentioned all 10 years the game was in development.

Congrats on looking like an ignorant jackass...

Normal User

Simple scenery stealth would be nice.
    It would also be nice to have NPCs work on an I-spy system, not a "INTRUDER IN MAH PATROL RADIUS, DESTROY" system.

Your "every character is built the same way" comment is kind of unjust though. This really shouldn't be a detracting feature. People will always favor certain things, and do certain things more. They may all have the same max skills, but who cares. One guy may favor melee, another magic, or maybe one isn't great at the PvP aspect and thus prefers being on the sidelines gathering materials while his clan is at war sporting his finest creations. (in a perfect and balanced combat system anyways)

As for actually answering any questions, i'm of no use lol. Just a newb here.