Normal User

Default What should trials do first?

As the title explains I am looking for some vets to explain here what is recommended for those who plan on subscribing but are running with newbie protection ATM. What would be some good things to do when first getting into the game?

I am raising logging, mining, 2hand, archery, magic and saving all of my gathered mats to craft once I get the money for it.
    Not in the face!

-Warrick Bloodletter-

7000+

probably goblin destroying or better if possible. at least until you lose that newbie shield
    Last edited by Ragnarok Delrhe; 02-27-2010 at 17:52.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

Go to your capital city and speak to all of the NPC's. They have a +stat quests which not only gives you gold, but when you complete them you also get +2 (and +4/+6) to a stat.

Then i would do the gathering (wis) and goblin (str) ones first. In the end everyone uses vitality though.

Make sure to level a 2h weapon asap.
    Last edited by foojin; 02-27-2010 at 17:53.

Normal User

dont forget to SKIN you mobs after you killed them. and look for an clan you can join for better information.
    Wirindi Rothschild

Normal User

Get your Title quests and start working on em. Easiest is the STR title quest as it gets you to kill alot of goblins.

Next thing even if you are a "melee/archery" guy, pick up that staff you looted from that goblin shaman and start casting Magic Missile untill you get 70 Lesser Magic. Reason for this is for Transfer spells which even if you melee you will be using and it WILL save yer ass. Transfer spells like Stam to health(second best self heal) and Mana to Stam(you will be using this alot) and the reason for 70 lesser Magic is for Launch which is needed to jump city walls.

OK so you have 70 Lesser Magic and came semi self heal next thing to do is get Greater Magic and Rend and start using it while Melee'in or using Archery. Once Greater Magic is at 25 get Witchcraft and the Needles Spell. Now Needles is kinda reg expensive but its a great spell, its a huge aoe dot(even if it doesn't do a ton of damage it still mess's with peoples head).

Now you have Rend and Needles, keep using them to open a fight when fighting Mobs by now you should be on your second part of the title quest which has you kill 300 trolls.

If you followed all this you should be at......

70 Lesser Magic
    40 Greater Magic
    40 Witchcraft
    50 2H Weapon
    50 Archery

You should have 2-3 pnts in each stat.

I did this with a alt and this was where I was at when I was finished with my 24 Hours of Noob Protection.

Once your Noob pro is off go ahead and start Mining, choppin trees and hittin the bush.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Teilean View Post
    Get your Title quests and start working on em. Easiest is the STR title quest as it gets you to kill alot of goblins.

Next thing even if you are a "melee/archery" guy, pick up that staff you looted from that goblin shaman and start casting Magic Missile untill you get 70 Lesser Magic. Reason for this is for Transfer spells which even if you melee you will be using and it WILL save yer ass. Transfer spells like Stam to health(second best self heal) and Mana to Stam(you will be using this alot) and the reason for 70 lesser Magic is for Launch which is needed to jump city walls.

OK so you have 70 Lesser Magic and came semi self heal next thing to do is get Greater Magic and Rend and start using it while Melee'in or using Archery. Once Greater Magic is at 25 get Witchcraft and the Needles Spell. Now Needles is kinda reg expensive but its a great spell, its a huge aoe dot(even if it doesn't do a ton of damage it still mess's with peoples head).

Now you have Rend and Needles, keep using them to open a fight when fighting Mobs by now you should be on your second part of the title quest which has you kill 300 trolls.

If you followed all this you should be at......

70 Lesser Magic
    40 Greater Magic
    40 Witchcraft
    50 2H Weapon
    50 Archery

You should have 2-3 pnts in each stat.

I did this with a alt and this was where I was at when I was finished with my 24 Hours of Noob Protection.

Once your Noob pro is off go ahead and start Mining, choppin trees and hittin the bush.
    This is essentially exactly what I would recommend.

If you are looking for money then harvesting iron, or wood is the quickest way, as opposed to goblins. Once you get some mounts, and 1-handed weapon skill you will be able to take on much, much harder monsters. That is when farming monsters will earn you more gold then harvesting. Until then, keep hitting that iron, and trees to make some cash, and get some stats while you work on the skills listed above.

Normal User

I used all of yesterday's newb protection to read a book while farming the 300 lumber, 300 stone, 200 iron, 200 fish... I need like 50 fish and 60 iron then I am done.
    Not in the face!

-Warrick Bloodletter-

My advice,
    Get a mount, put on some basic gear and ride around agon 1 day and explore!

Quote Originally Posted by Kab112 View Post
    Ps. Captain Kirk is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldy View Post
    Captain Kirk <3

If you can get 2000 gold or so, I would suggest buying the melee upgrade called 'Indestructible.' This will allow you to fight mobs without dying as quickly.

Problem is - most newbies can't get their hands on an extra 2000 gold.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by segmentfault View Post
    If you can get 2000 gold or so, I would suggest buying the melee upgrade called 'Indestructible.' This will allow you to fight mobs without dying as quickly.

Problem is - most newbies can't get their hands on an extra 2000 gold.
    I will have 2000g after turning in that title quest for 300 lumber, 300 stone, 200 iron, 200 fish.. I am like 75 fish away.
    Not in the face!

-Warrick Bloodletter-

9000+

Do quests until you lose your shield, then go exploring
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkers View Post
    Narcowski, you're the best moderator on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by HauptmannHP View Post
    Narcowski won, gg.