Page 1 of 8 12 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Community Liaison

Default Armor catered to specific playstyles

In the light of several more official news pieces and spotlights coming this week we want to start off with another small armor teaser before we focus on other topics for a while.

The armor shown in this spotlight is one of the new additional armors that are supposed to be catered (but not limited) to specific play styles. However we can't give away too much in detail information about this at this point.

And just to reiterate:
    All races are getting upgrades and new armor. The humans are the first ones because they need the least tweaking when it comes to the actual player models. Artists are also working on updating all the other races.
    And yes, the plan is to have all crafted armors as full sets available.

For now, we hope you enjoy getting another tiny glimpse of things to come

As always, please check out the higher resolution image as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Normal User

Nice

1000+

woah that looks really awesome nice!

Banned US1 Player

OMG, this is something I like to hear, something that will make you specialize, but not limiting you to a specific play style, starting to look like a diverse sandbox, keep this stuff coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Izure View Post
    OMG, this is something I like to hear, something that will make you specialize, but not limiting you to a specific play style, starting to look like a diverse sandbox, keep this stuff coming.
    When they say "but not limiting you", they mean if its armor intended for melee, you can still wear it as an archer... they don't stop you. Of course, you may have four-billion archery encumbrance, but you can still wear it! freedom!

.... it's just making it more class based, which is what most of you want anyway, but beyond that, consider my above statement before getting too excited about it "not limiting" you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

Banned US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    When they say "but not limiting you", they mean if its armor intended for melee, you can still wear it as an archer... they don't stop you. Of course, you may have four-billion archery encumbrance, but you can still wear it! freedom!

.... it's just making it more class based, which is what most of you want anyway, but beyond that, consider my above statement before getting too excited about it "not limiting" you.
    Class's and specializations are different, they are making armors to specialize a skill. You probably can have the same armor you use now, and not specialize.

But again you might be true, it all depends on how they play it imo.
    Last edited by Izure; 02-22-2010 at 17:29.

2000+

Awesome, although i think the spikes on that image are to large for a human char, would fit an ork though. But fomr humans i would go for something more smaller.

Special archery armour please

Quote Originally Posted by brother justin
    My banhammer skill is all maxed out!
    I one-hit kill forum crybabies with it all the time.

5000+

Hardly making it more class based, they're just allowing more options to players.

Example, a mage being able to wear armor geared towards taking physical damage over spell damage and not be encumbered so they can melee more safely.

Really isn't a step towards classes but more or less a step to having more options in general... as we stand you're either in scale/bone mix, bone, or full scale or better. Now with some new armor and full sets of old armor being added newer players are able to obtain a full set of gear from crafting and vets can mix/match or wear full sets that protect them against what they feel is needed.

was a good choice, I'm happy AV is adding stuff to the game and working on their art... because this game is awesome and if they keep improving it like they have been the game wont die.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

How else should it be?

If someone wants to be better at healing and worse at melee shouldn't they be able to make that choice? much like you can elect not to choose?

Normal User

o/

Giving the player the ability to make different play-style choices through use of different armor sets and/or in-game items is far more preferable (imo) than 'specializations' which impose hard-stop limitations on skills (i.e. destroyer preventing use of most magics). I've always felt that in Darkfall the way that you outfit your toon should determine which skills are effective and which are not rather than some psuedo-temporary-class designation.

Wyndal Smythe [VAMP]

IRC Moderator

That's how things work, in both RPGs and real life. You don't expect someone to be able to run a marathon just as well wearing plate mail as someone wearing cloth. You don't expect someone to fire a bow while encumbered with metal, as someone who has full range of motion.

The OPTION is there, if I wanted an archer with extra protection, but the trade off is I'm not as effective as pure archers. I serve a different role. It IS a role playing game afterall.

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    That's how things work, in both RPGs and real life. You don't expect someone to be able to run a marathon just as well wearing plate mail as someone wearing cloth. You don't expect someone to fire a bow while encumbered with metal, as someone who has full range of motion.

The OPTION is there, if I wanted an archer with extra protection, but the trade off is I'm not as effective as pure archers. I serve a different role. It IS a role playing game afterall.
    So they're going to add in more stamina drain for heavy armor users. YES!, Great now they're going to be easier to kill.

1000+

four-billion archery encumbrance, ye sure you won't use it if you are planning to go out and do achery-stuff, but then you might use your "archery" armour right?

It is not class when you just switch equipment to become something else, its just to stop you from doing everything at once.

you need to think abit more.

Fucking BADASS.

Normal User

This is Jive, can you dig it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzix View Post
    Extremists and nay-sayers ought to just quit...the monthly fee you pay isn't worth the extra two cents your kind tacks on...