Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal User

Default Merge this.. Vet server that. Population woes BS.. solution reality.

Yes.

I don't care what negative replies come from this.. Piss, moan, flame, troll, emo elite all you want.. bottom line is there needs to be some kind of demo.

Make it a tech demo if you dont want the pt populace. A simple way to make sure your code works on other people's rigs.

Tasos, you mentioned a trial for jan 22. Cool, it didn't make the cut, no biggie. But you would have a good amount of possible subs if potentials simply knew if it worked or not.

I have three close friends willing to take the plunge (ex ac dt guild mates) that can not justify spending 100$ on a chance that it will not run clean. They want to six month it.

How about it then T.. give us a tech demo or something to stress our rigs. Give word on trial implimentation.

cheers.
    d

1000+

let them log in on your account

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    let them log in on your account
    kmon now. pay attention.

there is enough yo tub and gameplay info out there to motivate the sub. It's whether it runs fluent on their system or not.

playing my box does not demonstrate how it will work on thier system. no cookie for you!

d

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Doven View Post
    kmon now. pay attention.

there is enough yo tub and gameplay info out there to motivate the sub. It's whether it runs fluent on their system or not.

playing my box does not demonstrate how it will work on thier system. no cookie for you!

d
    they download darkfall and then log in on their computer using your account.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    they download darkfall and then log in on their computer using your account.
    and this makes it easier for anyone else that would like to try it out on thier system before they buy?

hmm.. maybe your right. I should make my account info available to just anyone who wants to try the game.

be reasonable m8..

A tech demo is all that is needed, if a trial is not going to be implimented. I am not going to share my accnt info with anyone, friends or other, simply so that they can experience optimization for thier specific system. Your suggestion might be a solution to my budds, but definately not the answer.

d

3000+

it don't cost 100 dorrars.
    tech demo yeah no free trials though
    Last edited by Paranoia21; 02-22-2010 at 07:21.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia21 View Post
    it don't cost 100 dorrars.
    tech demo yeah no free trials though

Dorrars? wtf is dorrars?

I stated they wanted to "6 month it" as in take advantage of the six month + game promotion. yes. 89$ is not 100$.. close enough.

still does not change the point. irregardless of folks opinion on "trial" and its possibility of hacker paradise, gfarm/spam ability.. ect.. cool I GET THAT. there still needs to be at least a tech demo or sharded system that allows for people to see how the game works before purchase.

With as much BS that is going on recently with unfinished product and poor optimization.. (NOT saying DF, the industry in general), potential consumers have made it law to try before buy.

Tasos.. you want more people.. afraid of bringing out a "trial".. ROLL a tech demo out.

d

Tasos, you mentioned a trial for jan 22. Cool, it didn't make the cut, no biggie. But you would have a good amount of possible subs if potentials simply knew if it worked or not.
    Tassos never promised a date on trials. If you mean the 22 Jan LAST year, I believe they called the beta access or "trial" or something.
    Last edited by Ymgarl; 02-22-2010 at 12:21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezwarius View Post
    Even Ymgarl, who has some pretty backwards ideas has more important things to say than you do.

I am not going to share my accnt info with anyone, friends or other, simply so that they can experience optimization for thier specific system.
    I agree that some sort of demo to test if your computer can handle it is a good thing in terms of gaining new subscribers. However, that you won't let your friends test their computers through your account is beyond me.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Ymgarl View Post
    Tassos never promised a date on trials. If you mean the 22 Jan LAST year, I believe they called the beta access or "trial" or something.
    never said he did.

may have my dates mixed up.. cool. doesnt change my direction of the post.

d

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooper View Post
    I agree that some sort of demo to test if your computer can handle it is a good thing in terms of gaining new subscribers. However, that you won't let your friends test their computers through your account is beyond me.
    Fair enough m8.. I understand how you feel. Just a personal rule I have and I am fine with it.

ty for agreeing with the point, it does make sense.

d

Yes.

I don't care what negative replies come from this.. Piss, moan, flame, troll, emo elite all you want.. bottom line is there needs to be some kind of demo.

Make it a tech demo if you dont want the pt populace. A simple way to make sure your code works on other people's rigs.

I have three close friends willing to take the plunge (ex ac dt guild mates) that can not justify spending 100$ on a chance that it will not run clean. They want to six month it.

How about it then T.. give us a tech demo or something to stress our rigs. Give word on trial implimentation.

cheers.
    d
    The Trial that Tasos spoke of on January 22nd was the beta, where they let in just about everyone they could handle. I got in on the 23rd. It did happen.

4000+

Don't like the idea of anything that has "free" in the title for an MMO, it only causes shit like Gold sellers and hackers to be more frequent.

Only way I would say yes to this is if they had a spare server lying around to stick like Monkfeild or some other city there which would be a completly isolated area with no access to the actual game.

4000+

Yes.

cheers.
    d
    free trials are available in greece through various magazines. thats what he meant on the 22nd of jan.
    Did i ever tell you the definition of "insanity"?

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Rigan Pere View Post
    Don't like the idea of anything that has "free" in the title for an MMO, it only causes shit like Gold sellers and hackers to be more frequent.

Only way I would say yes to this is if they had a spare server lying around to stick like Monkfeild or some other city there which would be a completly isolated area with no access to the actual game.
    I addressed that above. I agreed with you already should you have read it.

Also suggested seperate shard.. again, noticed if read.

There should be a solution.

1. Tech demo

2. Seperate shard starting area trial.

You want more meat, yet you cannot expect people to dive into something without seeing if it works or is optimized for the miriad of systems out there.

The smart buy would be the 90$ six months. But again, gaming has become so hit and miss even 50$ is to much without knowing first. It's not about the trial for playstyle, pleanty of info out there already to answer that.

d