Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
    Banned

eh.. I had a longer post written but it's not worth it.

I had numerous reasons; the lousy community, lack of content, lack of players, horribly unbalanced PvP, the grind, etc. But what it really boiled down to is a complete lack of confidence in the developers. The developers are clueless and they don't know anything whatsoever about PvP balance or game design. That's essentially what it came down to. They've made countless NEWBIE game design mistakes that anyone who simply plays games could have pointed out beforehand that it's obvious that the DF devs are clueless. Not only do they clearly not play their own game but I sincerely doubt that they play any other mmo's or PvP games currently out on the market.

Eve's gameplay isn't my cup of tea but just look at their rulesets and how things work and look at how Darkfall is structured. It's like night and day. One was made by competant developers and the other was created by essentially hacks.

2000+

At the moment i'm still playing because there isn't anything better around (but more games coming out in the next months). Sure the grind and missing skill cap is a big issue for me, lack of diversity and broken align/war dec system, but more overall is the lack of content and sandbox elements. Remove pvp and the grind (to achieve it) and this game offer nothing.
    Last edited by kdchan; 02-16-2010 at 19:50.

Banned US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Kraun View Post
    You fail very hard at trying to be sarcastic.

Your saying that people are lazy because they don't afk macro and shit?

Trying sarcasm on hacking? I find nothing funny about DF hacking because it was and IS happening, really hard to pull sarcasm outta that.

A game about "no classes" should not be a game of "one class" (this is what you need in order to compete + a minimum of 4-6months of macroung/quitting your job for DF)

Dunno about butterflies, but they sure could use more quests for sure instead of kill 100 goblins (i don't mind the lack of, but who wouldn't want quests?)
    mate your a typical crybaby carebear cant really be bothered to argue with you i could write a book. this game clearly isnt for you, you need a mmo with story, gay shit and fluff it isnt about the action, conflict, world pvp, character progression, ganking, clans/alliances. its about running in the forrest doing a quest and crying because the game isnt easy enough and everything isnt handed to you on a plate. stfu and get on aion or some other crap typical mmo.

6000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Gambe View Post
    I quit because of the ridiculous amount of time you have to put in to have any fun at all..
    In UO, I acutally had fun skilling up, and eventually reached a even playing field (pre trammel) because everyone had the same ammount of hp.

In DF, killing mobs is boring, bloodwalling is boooring, crafting and gathering is boring, and even when I did all that, I had no chance to compete as a solo player.

When/if they introduce a stat system that will give the vets a maximum 30-40 hp advantage, a possibility to get rare ores through normal nodes, I might come back, untill then, it's too time consuming.
    This man speaks truth. Didn't the Devs say back in development that there wasn't going to be a lot of HP variation from new to old players? 125% is a pretty big difference for a new player that can't deal out damage because the way the damage system works. The damage problem is how weapon and magic damage scales. 1 to 100/100 should be a steady upwards damage increase. Right now you virtually (yes, i know you get a little) get no damage increase or advantage until you get mastery, so 1-75 in great sword is worthless and is just a grind. Archery, also, is basically useless from 1-75 for the same reason. Magic has a similar problem, though not nearly as bad as melee and archery. You might get more use out of a spell with 1 skill than you would a weapon skill, since magic damage at level 1 is still pretty good. The same problem applies, though. You only get increase damage after 25 points of grinding the spell. It should be fluid and steady gains, not in 25 point increments.
    Last edited by Falokis; 02-16-2010 at 19:59.

Banned US1 Player

You have to put effort into a mmo! Omfg!!!!!!! This is insane!!!!

6000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Machinistlol View Post
    You have to put effort into a mmo! Omfg!!!!!!! This is insane!!!!
    Effort vs Reward is the problem. It takes a ton of effort to get very little reward. That is what is out of balance.

Banned US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by falokis View Post
    effort vs reward is the problem. It takes a ton of effort to get very little reward. That is what is out of balance.
    yes like getting 1-2 masterys, 300hp, 2 schools 100 and archery 100 is impossible! Everyone hacks and has 450hp!!!!!!

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    This man speaks truth. Didn't the Devs say back in development that there wasn't going to be a lot of HP variation from new to old players?.
    yes but that was back when razorwax was calling the shots I believe, this is Aventurines Darkfall

Normal User US1 Player

yes like getting 1-2 masterys, 300hp, 2 schools 100 and archery 100 is impossible! Everyone hacks and has 450hp!!!!!!
    It's possible if you are unemployed.

And yes, teleport and radar hacks are still rampant and undetectable.

6000+ Long term follower

That pretty much describes me and I've been playing since beta (minus a small break). I didn't say it was impossible. I said it wasn't worth the amount of effort. That's the problem, DF still feels like work to me. When I don't have pharmacy class, homework, regular work, yard work, house work, or a wife bothering me..... I'd like to log in to have fun, not do more work grinding to keep up with the curve. People haven't even hit the attribute cap after a year, that says it's still a grind to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jango1337 View Post
    yes but that was back when razorwax was calling the shots I believe, this is Aventurines Darkfall
    True. I would have settled for Half Life 1 quality graphics if Razorwax made the game they promised.
    Last edited by Falokis; 02-16-2010 at 20:28.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    True. I would have settled for Half Life 1 quality graphics if Razorwax made the game they promised.
    same here dude I would love to be playing DF 2003

Normal User US1 Player

i love how many ppl still play forumfall after quitting darkfall.. this is where the REAL pvp is
    Quote Originally Posted by Maas
    Explain what you are trying to achieve in this thread before I drown you in a sea of infractions.

Normal User

Everything is so repetitive the pvm gives me a lack of goals. (no occasional rare item drops etc.) There Was not enough variety in there spawns. The UI made pvp practically awful. The concept of the pvp is good just alot of the interface needs work. The skill gain was a bit slow for my liking but i did not quit because of that. It was just mostly i suppose because of the lack of things to do while i got my char ready.

But I do plan on returning but only cause my uncle plays. Plus i literally have nothing better to do.
    Last edited by Mephilic; 02-16-2010 at 21:00.
    Fear teh bunneh

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    eh.. I had a longer post written but it's not worth it.

I had numerous reasons; the lousy community, lack of content, lack of players, horribly unbalanced PvP, the grind, etc. But what it really boiled down to is a complete lack of confidence in the developers. The developers are clueless and they don't know anything whatsoever about PvP balance or game design. That's essentially what it came down to. They've made countless NEWBIE game design mistakes that anyone who simply plays games could have pointed out beforehand that it's obvious that the DF devs are clueless. Not only do they clearly not play their own game but I sincerely doubt that they play any other mmo's or PvP games currently out on the market.

Eve's gameplay isn't my cup of tea but just look at their rulesets and how things work and look at how Darkfall is structured. It's like night and day. One was made by competant developers and the other was created by essentially hacks.
    Yeah i agree with you there. But from what i hear this is the first game this company has made. But what they need to do is hire some experienced designers/engineers. I mean the concept is great idea but the design is so flawed. Its like when they designed this game they didn't use any psychological thinking while doing this. The appeal was somewhat short lived for me.
    Fear teh bunneh

Normal User

you can't quit Darkfall.... as we see you are still here right?

paying the sub dosen't mean anyhitng