Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Normal User

I haven't ..

Normal User

My only concern with DF is - too time consuming. Really, i can't jump into action for 20 mins, then go back to RL stuff. Ofc i can cut timber for that 20 mins, but you know ... it aint fun after playing for 10 months

Didn't quit, but logging in less and less due to lack of time for long play-sessions.

2000+

I haven't!

Although I haven't quit yet, four of my close friends just did about a month ago.

The reason why they all quit was the grind. They felt like Darkfall was a job, and they didn't want to play a game that felt like a job.

People argue that the grind in Darkfall doesn't matter, because the player is what makes it a grind. They argue that it's a mindset. But they're wrong, because it's a competitive conquest game set in a completely open world. That means that the other guy can influence my game play to the fullest, so character level does matter. If I want to build a city and defend it, then I have to grind and macro so that I can keep up with guild X, who has been doing it for months now.

The fact that there's still such rampant exploiting, cheating, and macroing has pushed me to quit several times too. People think that they ban macroers, because a couple of people have come to the forums crying. People think that they've done away with exploiting, because you never hear about it anymore. The majority of the competitive population is still macroing every day and every night. A significant portion are still using exploits or dodgy tactics to build incredible wealth or benefit from extremely accelerated skill gain.

Here's a perfect example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZqe-...eature=channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhade View Post
    It's how you respond when you're disadvantaged, or when you're outnumbered and outflanked, that really means something to me and I feel shows your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    Don't tap the glass. It disturbs the fish.

Normal User US1 Player

haven't quit
    actually love the game
    beats the bjizzus out of W0Wbeargames
    and MMO is absolute garbage (unreal engine FTL)

so DF rock on and OP, QQ more plx

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by telanerv View Post
    haven't quit
    actually love the game
    beats the bjizzus out of W0Wbeargames
    and MMO is absolute garbage (unreal engine FTL)

so DF rock on and OP, QQ more plx
    The man speaks the truth
    Lob Legend - Lone ranger - ZEALOT4LIFE
    "lets post about it"

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

I quit because of the grind, and a lack of casual content.

I'll be coming back to Darkfall again once the next expansion comes out (if not before then).
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 02-16-2010 at 19:01.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

Normal User US1 Player

Default absence since Valentines day

I felt I was too handicapped during medium seiges, so I "had" to upgrade my PC. I spent every last brass farthing I had upgrading, at least for this month, and had to let my NA-1 and EU-1 subscriptions go to just boot my new PC. And you know ...
    I realized I was spending $250 a month or so on a game I didnt't THAT much like. It certainly didnt like me. My video cards, at home and at work, needed upgrading. As did my processors. As did my OS. As did my RAM. Hell I even was at a disadvantage because I had only 2 buttons on my mouse and it wasn't accelerated for dpi. And then theres the logitech G1x keyboards for work and home. Darkfall, which doesnt actually cost that much on paper, is a damned expensive proposition.

But is it FUN? Well, I like to play support classes. I LOVE healing people. I like the paladin that times the lay hands just right to save a comrade, while I am tanking. In Darkfall, there isnt any "I'll save thee fair maiden" BS. First of all, there arent any girls. (OK, maybe you found oh ONE, but generally its a hairy dude in drag). i digress. But mostly its vets mowing down newbs, scrubs, casual players, in seconds... again... and again.. and again. There really isnt much point to it. Its not really so neat. That theyre all 16 and learning to shave doesnt help either -- I GRADUATED high school in 1979. I have no bond with these twerps. Really. Not that some arent, oh 35 or some old age. Gramps! But why should I pay for abuse? I just want to have FUN. What the hell is fun about getting rolled 20 times? Why dont I just wet my finger and jam it in an electrical socket? its cheaper and I dont have to upgrade my PC as frantically.

Although -- thanks for helping me stress test all my PCs. I mean - by NOW, my hardware is ready for the best game ever. If it ever gets built. I played EQI/II for a freakin DECADE. It got stale. I played Darkfall 11 months, as a crafter/scrub (dual class). What's left? DDO??

AV, make a game for the rest of the world -- you know, the ones with families. People with jobs. People that have a life, and can afford (by the way) a PREMIUM experience. Thanks for having these leetfeek teenagers BETA test your game, but now make a premium version without catering to the hacker/bs/epeen crowd. I didnt say WOW - I said THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. Theres more to do than grind like a Korean game and bindstone camp for alignment. Make reds sit their actions off 8 hrs offline per point shed. They wanna HARDCORE game -- they kill someone on the street they go down for LIFE. REROLL. Thats hardcore. This game is all about insta gratification WITHOUT consequences. How carebear is THAT?

So, I blew maybe $250, maybe $350 across two accounts starting in March 2009. What an idiot, huh? But it had really good possibilities. And I was hoping theyd just keep working on the vision -- not JUST pvp, but a living world. Fleshed out. Brutal is fine -- but with a community against all odds. This is just like a community of sociopaths, not a community where people help each other. You took the wrong people - or maybe thats all you wanted. But honestly -- would you sign up your mom for an account? Your girlfriend? Why not? I'm sure shed like to get raped 10 paces from the door why people jeer and scream Carebear, get off the server. Indeed, and take my pesos elsewhere. Fools.

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOreo View Post
    Although I haven't quit yet, four of my close friends just did about a month ago.

The reason why they all quit was the grind. They felt like Darkfall was a job, and they didn't want to play a game that felt like a job.

People argue that the grind in Darkfall doesn't matter, because the player is what makes it a grind. They argue that it's a mindset. But they're wrong, because it's a competitive conquest game set in a completely open world. That means that the other guy can influence my game play to the fullest, so character level does matter. If I want to build a city and defend it, then I have to grind and macro so that I can keep up with guild X, who has been doing it for months now.

The fact that there's still such rampant exploiting, cheating, and macroing has pushed me to quit several times too. People think that they ban macroers, because a couple of people have come to the forums crying. People think that they've done away with exploiting, because you never hear about it anymore. The majority of the competitive population is still macroing every day and every night. A significant portion are still using exploits or dodgy tactics to build incredible wealth or benefit from extremely accelerated skill gain.

Here's a perfect example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZqe-...eature=channel
    Concur.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

Normal User US1 Player

number one reason for me was the grind

1000+

I haven't quit, I'm just playing BF bad company 2 right now while I wait for DF 2010! DF's biggest problem is lack of content imo.

Normal User US1 Player

I quit to coach my daughter's softball team and to make a ninja movie.

Banned

Although I still have 2+ months on my sub left, I haven't logged on in nearly 2 weeks. Just no drive to do it, got sick and tired of the grind. I gained >80 hit points and shittons of skills in 3 months only to look around and realize that all I had to look forward to was more grinding.

ALL games have a grind, but none of them are as insane as this. Fanboiz will say "OMG you don't HAVE to get 100 intensify in fire magic to compete!!!11". Meanwhile your nukes do 60% of the damage of a macroed toon...

Quote Originally Posted by Gambe View Post
    I quit because of the ridiculous amount of time you have to put in to have any fun at all..
    In UO, I acutally had fun skilling up, and eventually reached a even playing field (pre trammel) because everyone had the same ammount of hp.

In DF, killing mobs is boring, bloodwalling is boooring, crafting and gathering is boring, and even when I did all that, I had no chance to compete as a solo player.

When/if they introduce a stat system that will give the vets a maximum 30-40 hp advantage, a possibility to get rare ores through normal nodes, I might come back, untill then, it's too time consuming.
    This sums up DFO in a nutshell.

I'm hoping against hope that they change something, anything, to make it better. If they do, I'll come back. LOL but I look at dev messages and see they haven't even mentioned the 1 year anniversary yet... They really don't know WTF they're doing IMO.
    Last edited by Kraznor; 02-16-2010 at 19:31.

The grind was way to bad for my college schedule but i just resubed about a month ago when the expansion came out and its such a better game then before!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Umberto View Post
    No one ever leaves Darkfall. We only take breaks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cblake07 View Post
    The grind was way to bad for my college schedule but i just resubed about a month ago when the expansion came out and its such a better game then before!!!
    Yeah, it was better when I came back too. It didn't make a difference tho.