Why did you quit Darkfall?
In correlation with my other thread in the subs. forums, I would like to ask all former players that still read the forum for some reason:
Why did you quit Darkfall?
Now, unfortunately I can't put a poll on this, so people will have to reply to voice their views. And since I'm sure a vast majority of the players will see this thread as an attempt to "whine" about stat gains, I would like to kindly ask them to just not reply in here. It'll make it easier for others to count, read, and make their conclusions based on whatever input we can get from ex-subscribers and would be quitters.
Last edited by bmfof; 02-16-2010 at 16:49.
Originally Posted by Sacrillegious
got bored of grinding
nothing else to do than grind, cant pvp because everyone uses fireball lightning strike etc. fotm build
maybe after balance patch u can kill someone without aoe pew pew
Lack of interesting things to do lead me to spend the majority of my time grinding skills and stats, so I quit.
Still I will be playing again when more features that are accessible without needing a huge group of players make it into the game.
Real life got in the way. I'll be back sooner or later.
My Visa Electron bounced back when they tried to charge me for the game and monthly sub back in '09 like a month after release
(i played for the free month etc, but then couldn't continue since their newb account management don't obviously know how to use verified by visa system for electrons)
Last edited by Kraun; 02-16-2010 at 17:23.
Lack of sand in the sandbox.
"Lack of sand in the sandbox."
1) all macrosing using (autohotkey and others and AV only can doing after PLAYER REPORT). speed-texture-hackers. Radar users (they add animals to make radar using worst - not anti-cheat soft or mechanic - this is IDIOTIC).
2) griiiiiiiiiiind. And after 2 weeks loose all after lags.
3) No support multi-cores.
4) Vets and cheater have fun - others GRIIIIIIIIIIND
5) Idiotic alligment system
6) about 20 working bug that bring gameplay to ruin.
7) possibility killing someone in house (after tp very big chance to be in textures and you can visit houses and kill anybody there by arros whithout walls)
8) AV havn`t done work at 3 months after Expansion. If you say patches was good work - you are ass-liker.
9) Possibility to make war whithout paying for that. - this make many weak clan been attacked in towns by one-men (mostly VET) clan and take what they have.
10) LAGS. ANYWARE. Badly animations.
11) No work whith bugged (almost YEAR!!!!!!) mobs (golems, Khamsets and others). Only some ban (80 proc of middle and better rised skills players make rising skills on this mobs) newcommers.
12) WORST TECH SUPPORT.
i quit because some leet guy killed me at a mob spawn by firing a fireball at me so i lost my purple cloth helmet and because im lazy and dont know to skill on a mob, how to macro or afk on a bloodwall, also there was people hacking and stuffz, i would fire a arrow and miss 99.89% of the time or just melee like a headless chicken and never heal my self playing really good, but it was obvious they use hax n other peoplez using aimbots so i die, also not having quests involving a butterflies really upset me and there needs to be carebear zones so we can have more roleplay picnics. bad game is bad.
noone has ever quit darkfall
Long term follower
I quit because of the ridiculous amount of time you have to put in to have any fun at all..
In UO, I acutally had fun skilling up, and eventually reached a even playing field (pre trammel) because everyone had the same ammount of hp.
In DF, killing mobs is boring, bloodwalling is boooring, crafting and gathering is boring, and even when I did all that, I had no chance to compete as a solo player.
When/if they introduce a stat system that will give the vets a maximum 30-40 hp advantage, a possibility to get rare ores through normal nodes, I might come back, untill then, it's too time consuming.
Originally Posted by manu80