Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    3000+

Default Nintendo Software Pirate Must Pay $1.5 Million

February 9, 2010 - An Australian software pirate caught illegally copying and uploading to the internet game files of New Super Mario Bros. Wii must now pay Nintendo a sum of $1.5 million dollars.
    Full article: http://wii.ign.com/articles/106/1067861p1.html

(Sorry if this is old, but I've just come across this today.)

Fucking thief got what he deserved. I can just hope that they will crack down on software piracy, just like this, in the USA.

The saddest part is, most people stealing software, music or movies don't even think about it as theft.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rachsucht View Post
    Full article: http://wii.ign.com/articles/106/1067861p1.html

(Sorry if this is old, but I've just come across this today.)

Fucking thief got what he deserved. I can just hope that they will crack down on software piracy, just like this, in the USA.

The saddest part is, most people stealing software, music or movies don't even think about it as theft.
    Its not theft if its legal to download

Quote Originally Posted by brother justin
    My banhammer skill is all maxed out!
    I one-hit kill forum crybabies with it all the time.

noone steals money from the average programmer that gets a fixed amount of payment. they "steal" from the ridiculous amount of profit they try to make.

you won't believe how sorry i am that EA loses money and their big shareholders get only 2 sports cars and not 5 each year.

That's such a bullshit justification.

With less titles sold, development houses can end up cutting staff, cancelling sequels and doing something different.

Piracy isn't a justifiable stance for anything.

That being said, I will download and 'try' something I am unsure about. But if I do like it and end up playing it quite a bit I will buy the game.

But saying it does no harm is idiocy for both music and software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    noone steals money from the average programmer that gets a fixed amount of payment. they "steal" from the ridiculous amount of profit they try to make.

you won't believe how sorry i am that EA loses money and their big shareholders get only 2 sports cars and not 5 each year.
    /facepalm

they can stop making games anytime they want, someone will realise the potential profit of a job well done and will buy the rights to create it.

the consumer base is here, if you make a game good enough that people are willing to pay for it, then you'll make more money than small countries.

that's no so easy for companies to ignore, don't bite to their "if you don't buy we won't make games" bullcrap. hell, there are companies that noone knows of and they still make games, even about not so popular gendres, like adventures.

maybe instead of supporting their greedy asses you should join with the cool side of the internet and force them to try to satisfy you as a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    they can stop making games anytime they want, someone will realise the potential profit of a job well done and will buy the rights to create it.

the consumer base is here, if you make a game good enough that people are willing to pay for it, then you'll make more money than small countries.

that's no so easy for companies to ignore, don't bite to their "if you don't buy we won't make games" bullcrap. hell, there are companies that noone knows of and they still make games, even about not so popular gendres, like adventures.

maybe instead of supporting their greedy asses you should join with the cool side of the internet and force them to try to satisfy you as a customer.

Your logic fails. Great games are pirated 24/7 so don't go hiding behind some noble cause and seeking out 'the perfect game'.

Are you a complete retard on any given topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharr View Post
    /facepalm
    don't touch your face right after you masturbate.

Normal User

Pircay isn't "theft". Maybe if you were swiping hard copys of games from store shelves, then you could call it theft.. Furthermore, game developers don't lose any money from piracy. Any time I've pirated a game, I assure you, I had no intention of EVER buying it in the first place. However, sometimes I HAVE purchased games and changed that opinion after "stealing" it and trying it. There is no loss of property, or money, to a developer when someone pirates a COPY of a videogame that was probably already bought and paid for over the internet.

Piracy is just an excuse for developers and producers to account for their shitty sales (maybe you're games/music just sucks?)

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
    Your logic fails. Great games are pirated 24/7 so don't go hiding behind some noble cause and seeking out 'the perfect game'.

Great. Some 12 year old boy that just learned what torrents are pirated a AAA game you say? To bad his lunch money has to be saved for six weeks to pay the ridiculous $60 shelf fee of said AAA games when they release. Like that was ever gonna happen.. Poor kid probably bought himself a nick bag way before we got to week 2.

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurorix View Post
    Great. Some 12 year old boy that just learned what torrents are pirated a AAA game you say? To bad his lunch money has to be saved for six weeks to pay the ridiculous $60 shelf fee of said AAA games when they release. Like that was ever gonna happen.. Poor kid probably bought himself a nick bag way before we got to week 2.

Just sayin.
    That's one tiny demographic. Most pirating is done by people that could easily pay for a title rather than steal it.

I used to pirate then I realized the logical fail I was participating in.

Cry about 'console only games' and 'console ports'? Thank yourself and other pirates for reducing the viablilty of PC titles thanks to greed.

just sayin...
    Last edited by Napalm_Enema; 02-10-2010 at 19:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post

my logic is so perfect it hurts.

you know what fails? companies that think they can screw around with potential customers. well, guess who is screwing who.

Normal User

how can you loose sales when the people who torrented the game weren't even going to buy the game in the first place

GG MOFOS

I started the Forumfall Hairstyle Meme.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Aurorix View Post
    Pircay isn't "theft". Maybe if you were swiping hard copys of games from store shelves, then you could call it theft.. Furthermore, game developers don't lose any money from piracy. Any time I've pirated a game, I assure you, I had no intention of EVER buying it in the first place. However, sometimes I HAVE purchased games and changed that opinion after "stealing" it and trying it. There is no loss of property, or money, to a developer when someone pirates a COPY of a videogame that was probably already bought and paid for over the internet.

Piracy is just an excuse for developers and producers to account for their shitty sales (maybe you're games/music just sucks?)
    Regardless of the quality of the game and how overcharged it is, its still stealing. Its justified only if the game does not have a demo available and is demanding top dollar for a purchase.

Anything else is just you being a scumbag ensuring that developers continue the trend of unrealistic deadlines, under budget teams, and under developed games.

5000+

Not reading the link. Just assuming they invaded his privacy and that of other people's to do it. I would value that higher and he should be able to sue them back for that for even more money and win if there's any justice in the world. Privacy > life. End of story.
    (color=#333333)(/color)