Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81718
    7000+

Quote Originally Posted by MaNuRe View Post
    Worst patch ever !!
    This small but still immortality has killed the essence of Darkfall by some good %s !

Keep creating these horrible patches and soon you will understand what Trammel means... It kills games, trust me !
    you dont even know what trammel is.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

Normal User

The first thing you want to do as a newbie is to try out the game and battle out them other newbies, I would get mad if I join this game and I couldn't attack any other newb cuz theyre under protection...

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Stouman View Post
    Theoretically, "new player protection" is a great idea, but...
    how new is new?

Can anyone enable it?
    If so, think about the fact you are basically giving anyone a two hour free pass to mine in their racial area.

Does it re-enable if you make it to an enemy racial area before the two hours is up?
    The protection will only work a few hours from the first time you log on Darkfall with a new character.

1000+

What a waste of resources to develop such a system.

Im on my 3rd day playing this game for the first time and must say the most frustrating thing I learned my first day was that my starting weapon doesn't raise skills. I even took my first 100g I made and bought a starter staff thinking it was a good investment so I'd have a weapon and staff.

After killing with both weapons for an hour and being really frustrated about not gaining skills, I finally QQ'd in chat before finding out those weapons won't give skill gains. Even the way it's worded on the weapon says something about not raising level, not skill, what's a level? I bought this game cause there aren't levels.

I was more pissed at having wasted an hour killing goblins without skill gain than I would have been being pkd, but gaining skill up to till the point of being killed. In fact I was pkd within the first couple hours in game and the guy res'd me and was real nice, said he just wanted alignment.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by tehWise View Post
    What a waste of resources to develop such a system.

Im on my 3rd day playing this game for the first time and must say the most frustrating thing I learned my first day was that my starting weapon doesn't raise skills. I even took my first 100g I made and bought a starter staff thinking it was a good investment so I'd have a weapon and staff.

After killing with both weapons for an hour and being really frustrated about not gaining skills, I finally QQ'd in chat before finding out those weapons won't give skill gains. Even the way it's worded on the weapon says something about not raising level, not skill, what's a level? I bought this game cause there aren't levels.

I was more pissed at having wasted an hour killing goblins without skill gain than I would have been being pkd, but gaining skill up to till the point of being killed. In fact I was pkd within the first couple hours in game and the guy res'd me and was real nice, said he just wanted alignment.
    Doesn't it say "skill level"? It always seemed pretty self-explanitory on the starter weapon tooltips imo. Btw, that starter staff is a good investment, it means if you get caught with your pants down you can run and heal to see if someone left any of your loot without wasting the time resting.

although i haven't paid for it yet, i'm too lazy... hell, i've got over 100k and i still haven't got a second starter weapon lol.
    I want nothing more than to eat you.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by tehWise View Post
    I realised that when I was less than 5 minutes old.