Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewRage View Post
    Jeez, let me rephrase since you can't seem to get the idea of dick sucking out of your head. Either you are a fanboy of Cameron or you got paid off for your review... Better?
    Let me clear this up nice and well.

If I got paid for a review, I wouldn't be posting it on Forumfall.
    I don't even pay attention to the directors of movies half the time. Leading up to the movie with all the trailers, people like you kept raving and ranting and weeping about the guy spending millions and millions of dollars on CGI and saying it was like Michael Bay throwing explosions at a movie instead of creating a plot. Clearly you are wrong, and I am giving the guy props for creating such an awesome movie (Because the vast majority of people enjoyed the movie, that makes you the angry redneck jumping up and down screaming because you can't get it).

Jog on.
    Last edited by Villageninja; 12-30-2009 at 02:30.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyninja View Post
    How much better was it in 3d.
    Pretty intense. You might want to be a little wary if you're prone to motion sickness but otherwise it's awesome.

1000+

Okay, so I actually just saw the movie tonight. Two words:

Fern Gully.

Christ, I watched that shit when I was four.

I enjoyed the movie, but with some pain. Because I found it hard to resist being emotional, and yet at the same time hard to relate to fully 3D characters that just don't look real. And the storyline makes a lot of assumptions about tribal civilizations, that they're super-pure and perfect, and don't kill and conquer each other, which they clearly have throughout human history. I see no reason why tribal aliens couldn't or wouldn't be just like tribal humans in the war and conquering department. I also don't think the space marines would have gone in with only maybe 20 ships (which were shitty ships by the way) to conquer an entire planet, and lost. Although the criticism of human nature, if one-sided, and unoriginal, was somewhat founded. So the movie is really very fantasy and mysticism based even though it has sci-fi pretenses, because it paints an essentially baseless picture of alien intelligent life, and mixes it with religious/spiritual notions of "spiritual interconnectedness". Don't see any of that on our planet. Maybe we are demons? That seem to be what the movie implies. Overall I give it a B.

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

Banned

Well I have seen this movie yesterday and movie is really awesome.
    James Cameron done the wonderful job here. Do not miss it guys.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    I enjoyed the movie, but with some pain. Because I found it hard to resist being emotional, and yet at the same time hard to relate to fully 3D characters that just don't look real. And the storyline makes a lot of assumptions about tribal civilizations, that they're super-pure and perfect, and don't kill and conquer each other, which they clearly have throughout human history. I see no reason why tribal aliens couldn't or wouldn't be just like tribal humans in the war and conquering department. I also don't think the space marines would have gone in with only maybe 20 ships (which were shitty ships by the way) to conquer an entire planet, and lost. Although the criticism of human nature, if one-sided, and unoriginal, was somewhat founded. So the movie is really very fantasy and mysticism based even though it has sci-fi pretenses, because it paints an essentially baseless picture of alien intelligent life, and mixes it with religious/spiritual notions of "spiritual interconnectedness". Don't see any of that on our planet. Maybe we are demons? That seem to be what the movie implies. Overall I give it a B.
    The spiritual (biological, actually) interconnectivity was what made them different from our earthly tribal civilizations I suppose.

The marines were just hired guns for that private corp. It did look like Uncle Sam raping smurfs (and maybe that was the intention) but in reality it wasn't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    And the storyline makes a lot of assumptions about tribal civilizations, that they're super-pure and perfect, and don't kill and conquer each other, which they clearly have throughout human history.
    As far as the tribal aliens go, if they were all spiritually connected by the same thing why would they bother fighting each other?

They're not a full rendition of a tribal civilization (though there's obviously heavy influence, and at some point I was sitting in the theater screaming "KILL THE WHITE MAN" in my head) and I think the whole spiritual connection between them all across the planet plays a heavy part in them not fighting each other. In a sense... they have direct contact with their god (Which is more than I can say for any human. I'm talkin to you mista pope) and they are superior in many ways in the movies context. That's the problem with comparing things in movies to real life examples, things are quickly taken out of context.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    The spiritual (biological, actually) interconnectivity was what made them different from our earthly tribal civilizations I suppose.

The marines were just hired guns for that private corp. It did look like Uncle Sam raping smurfs (and maybe that was the intention) but in reality it wasn't.
    Bastage, you beat me to it =P

2000+

Saw the movie in 3D and omg was I tripping!
    It's and amazing movie, hell even think Avatar was more amazing than 300!
    When I was watching it I sorta got pissed with the holy save the world crap and sided with the humans cause they were more badass.
    http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7571/dredgonez6.jpg
    "Fear mortals for I have come"

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Honestly, they were worshipping the tree-internet for forumfall's sake. I've heard of pulling a diety out of your ass to feel better about yourself, but a network of PLANTS?

And what the hell was with Sharefeelings-usb-weiner-port that every creature in the film had? Apparently evolution decided that it would be leet to be able to plug into a predator to make an instant friend? Ugh.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Dredgon View Post
    When I was watching it I sorta got pissed with the holy save the world crap and sided with the humans cause they were more badass.
    I'm surprised that most everyone seems to think that the humans were the bad guys. There were at most three humans in the movie who were actually "bad", being the scarred army guy, the weiner businessman, and the obnoxious jughead with the giant machine gun. Everyone else was just a hired worker whom would otherwise be unemployed and starving on their "dying planet".

Considering that the trees are all basically mini-servers connected to a giant tree-network, I find it hard to see why killing a fraction of them is such a big deal to these dumbass smurfs. They fkin grow back. The only difference between what the humans do and what the smurfs do whence killing things is that the smurfs pray about it afterwards.

Though, it was indeed quite 'tarded that the humans simply didnt dig up from underneath the tree to get at the foating rocks, but then it wouldn't be nearly as interesting eh?

4000+

People just can't enjoy a good movie anymore. Who made it? Who directed it? How much did it cost? Sorry, but those aren't things I give a fuck about to determine how good a movie is.

The plot's been done before, but I thought it was a great movie. I don't want Cameron's dick, and I don't care about any real life parallels, nor that the cost of making it could pay off the US deficit. Fuck all of that, don't give a shit.

I saw it too in 3d.

Outraged that it was twelve dollars... Left thinking it was worth every penny.

Word of mouth will/has inflated this movie to $_$ level.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaol View Post
    I thought it was easily the worst Cameron film i've seen, cool if you aren't retarded.
    Fixed for realism.
    Shao Kahn - Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by Villageninja View Post
    As far as the tribal aliens go, if they were all spiritually connected by the same thing why would they bother fighting each other?

They're not a full rendition of a tribal civilization (though there's obviously heavy influence, and at some point I was sitting in the theater screaming "KILL THE WHITE MAN" in my head) and I think the whole spiritual connection between them all across the planet plays a heavy part in them not fighting each other. In a sense... they have direct contact with their god (Which is more than I can say for any human. I'm talkin to you mista pope) and they are superior in many ways in the movies context. That's the problem with comparing things in movies to real life examples, things are quickly taken out of context.
    You miss the point. The whole movie is out of the context of reality. It has SciFi pretenses but really It's a spiritual fantasy based on nothing alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.