Page 1 of 9 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar

Banned

Default Avatar

Okay, just to confirm.

I've now seen this movie in regular and 3d.

There is one word to describe it. Epic.

One can argue that the plot can get somewhat cliche... but the wonderful thing is I couldn't have cared less. The way the movie flowed, the way it was created and the way the characters were fleshed out and portrayed.... was pure genius. The cinematics throughout the movie are nothing less than jaw-dropping. I found myself literally attempting to reach for a nonexistent remote a few times in the film just to pause the movie and stare.

It has been awhile since I have watched a movie and been inspired so much that I wanted to jump into the fight myself (The Last Samurai was probably the last one, but only because I have a strong connection to that but whatever that's beside the point). It has been a long time since I watched a movie that actually had me caring what happened, and even though I knew what was going to happen once or twice... I was still glued to the screen as if to make sure that shit happened and if it didn't I'd jump into that screen and fight or something. I was pumped, and that feeling is what should define the movie experience. 2 hours and 40 minutes? It felt more like an hour. It sucks you in and never lets go man.

For me, at the very least, this movie was nothing short of pure epicness and I say that with full confidence. Hats off James Cameron, you're the fucking man.

3000+ Long term follower

I'm confused... Are you trying to suck Cameron's dick, or did he suck yours to get that review?
    Quote Originally Posted by Berhan
    less wrong than raping, but still wrong enough...

Yes I thought it was an excellent movie as well, of course alot of these basement dwelling angsty teenagers will probably bash you for liking it but I think it was really cool even though the plot was like you said somewhat cliche
    trick your eyes over ere...
    http://eyetricks.com/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewRage View Post
    I'm confused... Are you trying to suck Cameron's dick, or did he suck yours to get that review?
    You have a thing for sucking dicks huh?

See the movie, then get on your knees and apologize because you will then realize how awesome it is. Get it? On your knees? Fuck off.
    Last edited by Villageninja; 12-29-2009 at 08:48.

3000+

I saw it in 3D yesterday (had already seen it in "normal version"), and I completely agree with you. I can't remember the last time I was this entertained by a movie.

Banned

Yeah, sorry but no.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Villageninja View Post
    You have a thing for sucking dicks huh?

See the movie, then get on your knees and apologize because you will then realize how awesome it is. Get it? On your knees? Fuck off.
    It was good, but it wasnt THAT good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drock View Post
    It was good, but it wasnt THAT good.
    It's good enough to at least deserve constructive criticism if any at all rather than show up and talk about sucking dicks trying to be clever.

Dances with Wolv-er, I mean Smurfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

3000+

What?! You are not hysterical and bitching about how a movie is an anti-US Eco-tree hugger unpatriotic leftist propaganda trying to glorify the traitor of his own race because he banged an enemy girl? Not to forget how its obviously pro-Palestinian anti-Israeli at places and advances a terrorism with criticism of legal militarism and full of quotes and situations that could be directly linked to cases in reality?!

Bah, you are boring. guess need to find a board with more republicans.
    Last edited by Yin; 12-30-2009 at 00:27.
    Hello Kitty!

Futilez the Best, screw the rest!

1000+

I thought it was easily the worst Cameron film i've seen, cool if you like "special effects".

3000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Villageninja View Post
    It's good enough to at least deserve constructive criticism if any at all rather than show up and talk about sucking dicks trying to be clever.
    Jeez, let me rephrase since you can't seem to get the idea of dick sucking out of your head. Either you are a fanboy of Cameron or you got paid off for your review... Better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Berhan
    less wrong than raping, but still wrong enough...

Normal User

Shitty plot, nice effects. Making the movies more simple and numbing for casual faggots, just like what's happened to the games.

Normal User

How much better was it in 3d. Seemed like a decent movie in 2d but really i was more entertained by the constant blue sideboob then by the plot... the old military dude was pretty bad ass though, kinda wish he had made the smurfs into soup