View Poll Results: Avatar - the win or the suck?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win, totally going to see it. I have masturbated to smurfs in preparation of the event.

19 24.05%
  • No way man, it looks gay as fuck and I'd rather drink molten glass than watch that shit.

23 29.11%
  • Wtf another thread? Seriously die.

7 8.86%
  • bewbs

30 37.97%
Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Default Avatar the movie - Yay or nay?

I'm torn on this one. On one hand I like his previous work. On the other hand... giant smurfs.

I think I'll see it in 3d @ IMAX if I see it at all, but dunno...

Anyone else conflicted on this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

3000+

What's the movie about?

2000+

Titties.

Moe Lester

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rachsucht View Post
    What's the movie about?
    Military vs tribal people who somehow can fight back with sticks, stones, and animals.

Throw in some gay hero with a magic machine that turns him into one of the tribal people, have him fuck the chiefs daughter, then go all rambo on the military and somehow make a difference.

Yeah....they really need to stop displaying the entire fucking movie plot in the advertisements.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachsucht View Post
    What's the movie about?
    The blue man group goes out into space and and arrives on a planet full of blue women. Much fucking ensues and they populate the entire planet. The blue people have special relationships with the various wildlife on their new planet and mount them during war times. The Americans, pissed off that the blue man group has left New York, follow them out into outerspace. They arrive on the blue people planet and begin to rape it of its natural resources. This obviously angers the blue people and they wage war against the American colonists through mounting their wildlife. Meanwhile back on earth, the entire human race gets behind the Americans and helps them send marines to destroy the blue people. Eventually the Americans win and place a giant Eiffel tower on the planet with the engravings "blue da bu dee da bu die!"

At least this is what I got from the trailer.
    Last edited by 1998altima; 12-11-2009 at 18:12.

3000+

blue elves, robots and Dances With Wolves are what i got from a trailer. I deeply regret watching the trailer.

3000+

Well, which one is it? I'll go watch it if it's like Altima described it.

3000+

Whats the movie about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ed9KpdAV8

Add biggest budget in movie history and remove all elements of original plot and you got it.
    Hello Kitty!

Futilez the Best, screw the rest!

1000+ Long term follower

It looks fantastic. Forget about the 3d gimick, the storyline and the effects look absolutely outstanding. Anyone who has read Fallen Dragon by Peter F Hamilton can immediately see the parallels, although they didn't use avatars as such in the book, there are a lot of similarities

We need more well written big budget sci fi films like Avatar, and hopefully it will be a smashing success at the box office that will encourage more films in the same genre - much like LOTR did for fantasy type films

4000+

Seems a hell of a lot similar to Battle for Terra.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post
    It looks fantastic. Forget about the 3d gimick, the storyline and the effects look absolutely outstanding. Anyone who has read Fallen Dragon by Peter F Hamilton can immediately see the parallels, although they didn't use avatars as such in the book, there are a lot of similarities

We need more well written big budget sci fi films like Avatar, and hopefully it will be a smashing success at the box office that will encourage more films in the same genre - much like LOTR did for fantasy type films
    You probably like all those gay vampire movies too don't ya?

3000+
    Last edited by Yin; 12-11-2009 at 18:40.
    Hello Kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by Yin View Post
    Great... when Spielberg would make a "Pokemon" movie all would discuss how great it is and how they find parallels with Anne McCaffrey "Dinosaur Planet "

...hello... its based on Nickelodeon Cartoon.
    I think you are mistaking it for another movie my German friend.

The Last Airbender

Two completely different movies.

3000+

Yes i do. Since both feuture plot of super hero in underdeveloped nation fighting against expansionist americans
    Hello Kitty!

Banned

From the trailer... could be good... could be crap... who knows. I'll probably end up watching it online, and if I like it go watch in the theatre.