Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal User

Default banned for using a 3rd party cheat program?

I played on my lab notebook at the University of ****.

~I never used any type of hack program, never bought gold, was never contacted by a gm in game~

Anybody looking at my character would see I was not a power gamer/exploiter (I think I have 300g?ish assorted scale and nothing higher then r65s) I was in a crafting/pve/minor pvp clan.

I log'd in monday to 'you have been banned for using a 3rd party cheat program'

I submited a support ticket since I knew this had to be a mistake of some kind but its been almost a full work week and have not heard back even though my support ticket has been at- status:escalated, priority:high since 3:30 pm EST monday.

I went so far as to talk to my lab administrator because I thought maybe its my fault (I had just bought the belkin n52te and thought omg it has macro keys) some how but after he explained it too me I went from slighty worried to exceedingly pissed off. If you (AV) are going to accuse me of cheating and destroy countless hours (months really) I spent grinding away in your game you guys could at least answere my ticket.

I assume "We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you." isnt coming even though if I was a cheater I'm sure it would have taking you guys 15mins to send me 'we have logs STFU & GTFO'.

Normal User

Not sure what you expect to get by posting this (srsly). If you want my sympathy you have it, assuming you aren't a cheater. I have an in game friend whos account was banned. He was told it was because they had logs of him using 3rd party cheats. After about a week he finally got in touch with some higher up something or other and they explained that the account had been shut down due to charge back that had something to do with his credit card and not enough funds or some shit....I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

Long story short, they turned his shit back on after he worked through it. The reason went from "your a fucking cheat" to "your credit card was maxed"...

If you are indeed not guilty of any shitty behaviour I suggest that you keep on them through tickets and avoid posting shit on this forum (it wont help your case).

Normal User

I highly doubt that anyone in AV is using derogatory terms towards anyone. However, I do believe there might be a hiccup once in a while, it's expected with any new venture.

If they have systems to work against cheaters and they are working improperly, a company like this will notice it quickly enough and be able to restore all damage done. If the system is working properly, I have no sympathy. Either way, you will be able to find out within two weeks or so if your account is being released.

The fact that your help ticket is still there only means that they are meaning to address it, if they wanted to ignore you they would simply delete the help ticket, which they haven't apparently

If you truly didn't cheat, keep patient and consider your sacrifice as product improvement. I know it's frustrating but we're all human, and their pursuit is an admirable one. If you did cheat, well then, get over it

Normal User

It's in the ToA they dont have to give you any reason what so ever. Read what you agree on, its the wall of text you see before you log on.
    Being quiet is fine, most people dont listen anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by kazamx View Post
    My lack of good English shames me, my family and my ancestors. I humbly beg your forgiveness.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by exuras View Post
    It's in the ToA they dont have to give you any reason what so ever. Read what you agree on, its the wall of text you see before you log on.
    Also says in ToA you can't

"vi. You may not use any name that is from the Darkfall Game or World.

vii. You may not use any name that relates to drugs, sex, alcohol, or criminal activity."

or

"ii. You may not defraud, harass, threaten, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players within the Game, the World or on the official Darkfall online web sites."

or this

"xi. You may not trick, cheat or defraud any fellow player out of game currency, items or any other in a game item of value, outside of the scope of in-game role-playing. You may not engage in these activities where out-of-game communications or real currency is involved. "

Don't see much of it get upheld. Just put it in there to cover their own buts.

3000+ US1 Player

If you really weren't cheating I'd talk to them, calmly. Submit a support ticket don't talk to GMs, GMs are mostly on the periphery of this sort of stuff, I believe.

Someone from your school might have been cheating and they might have banned every account to connect from that ISP.
    ~♥~ NA-1's Official Ilshard crafter. ~♥~
    PvF King - HOPE THIS HELPS - DEAL WITH IT

VIDEO GAMES MATTER - POST COUNTS MATTER
    KEEP POSTING NEVER STOP POSTING

Banned

Same thing is happening to me, never used hacks havent even been on in like 4 weeks, but check my account management cause my time was running out and it says banned for 3rd party cheats. I have heard from a few people that this has happened to them. I submitted a ticket as well but have yet to recieve a response.

Normal User

They probably don't have the support staff to be able to respond to every cheater they ban.
    Please use the following link to buy the game. Thank you for your support:

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by wormw00d View Post
    Not sure what you expect to get by posting this (srsly). If you want my sympathy you have it, assuming you aren't a cheater. I have an in game friend whos account was banned. He was told it was because they had logs of him using 3rd party cheats. After about a week he finally got in touch with some higher up something or other and they explained that the account had been shut down due to charge back that had something to do with his credit card and not enough funds or some shit....I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

Long story short, they turned his shit back on after he worked through it. The reason went from "your a fucking cheat" to "your credit card was maxed"...

If you are indeed not guilty of any shitty behaviour I suggest that you keep on them through tickets and avoid posting shit on this forum (it wont help your case).

I posted in the hope that this might get the attention of anybody in AV, and going to check when I last had a payment credited. I wondered about that when I couldnt find my last sub date.

Normal User

any attention you get from AV here wont be helpfull to you. If they have a ticket they will deal with it either by fixing it, escalating it, or closing it.

Normal User

Bet you used somekind of macro...
    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3480/ifuckingwonjackpot2.jpg

Normal User Long term follower

Hmm I wonder... I have a G15 Keyboard, asked ingame if it was allowed to use its macro keys and got the response from a player who had a macro capable keyboard that it was.
    G15 Macros aren't capable of looping, they playback a list of keys pressed, unlike "real" macro programs that are capable of looping. While the G-keys are hardware they use software to send the stored input to the active window.

Well I'm confused, anything official?

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Durzoblint View Post
    I played on my lab notebook at the University of ****.

~I never used any type of hack program, never bought gold, was never contacted by a gm in game~

Anybody looking at my character would see I was not a power gamer/exploiter (I think I have 300g?ish assorted scale and nothing higher then r65s) I was in a crafting/pve/minor pvp clan.

I log'd in monday to 'you have been banned for using a 3rd party cheat program'

I submited a support ticket since I knew this had to be a mistake of some kind but its been almost a full work week and have not heard back even though my support ticket has been at- status:escalated, priority:high since 3:30 pm EST monday.

I went so far as to talk to my lab administrator because I thought maybe its my fault (I had just bought the belkin n52te and thought omg it has macro keys) some how but after he explained it too me I went from slighty worried to exceedingly pissed off. If you (AV) are going to accuse me of cheating and destroy countless hours (months really) I spent grinding away in your game you guys could at least answere my ticket.

I assume "We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you." isnt coming even though if I was a cheater I'm sure it would have taking you guys 15mins to send me 'we have logs STFU & GTFO'.
    I'm happy cheater and hackers got banned, expecially people with high skills that play unfair. I don't think Av do mistakes in banning people, they are slow because they check logs manually i think.
    Fuck you go in the hell with all cheaters. Cheaters are only losers without a life, a failure as player and as human, a mistake for the human being.

Hope Av ban more and more hackers.
    Last edited by kdchan; 12-11-2009 at 14:45.

Normal User EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Darq View Post
    Hmm I wonder... I have a G15 Keyboard, asked ingame if it was allowed to use its macro keys and got the response from a player who had a macro capable keyboard that it was.
    G15 Macros aren't capable of looping, they playback a list of keys pressed, unlike "real" macro programs that are capable of looping. While the G-keys are hardware they use software to send the stored input to the active window.

Well I'm confused, anything official?
    Would love to know this as well, I use mine to bind buttons, if this is not allowed then fair doos i stop using it

Mega London, is a

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by kdchan View Post
    I'm happy cheater and hackers got banned, expecially people with high skills that play unfair. I don't think Av do mistakes in banning people, they are slow because they check logs manually i think.
    Fuck you go in the hell with all cheaters. Cheaters are only losers without a life, a failure as player and as human, a mistake for the human being.

Hope Av ban more and more hackers.

lol..

anyway, using g15s and nostromo or things like that arent against the TOS as long as they are attended. You CAN have something that auto clicks while you stare at the screen waiting for skill gains. People have been using them from day 1 to harvest and continue to use them for mindless shit to this day. People also use them to combine keys to help w/ the at times tedious UI. Some never use anything like this, some people find them a life saver.

point is, its not against the rules, and hasnt been stated as being actionable that I have ever seen.

Now, with that having been said. There are 3rd party programs that can perform the same functions as a g15 or nostromo that are considered bannable because of things like loot macroing. They can detect it and I know of someone that has had their account banned for using a program like that. If you are using 3rd party software (not user interface devices) that might be the reason you were banned.