Thread: A few questions

Default A few questions

Well I played DFO when the NA-1 server launched, started about a week after and played for the free month. My main problem with the game and reason for quitting was the ridiculous grind on crafting/skills. As well as a lack of players to be found.

I was thinking about re-subbing with the latest expansion now released, since I left(was like 4 month's ago I believe) how much has changed on those two points? Is the grind less now? And has the population increased or decreased from what people can tell?

Also my skills were mostly in archery and two-handed swords(around 30-40 in each), and crafting/gathering(100 on gathering for stone, like 60ish for wood, and 100 in tailoring/30ish in weaponsmith). Will I still be competitive since the server has been up so long since I quit? I remember I was able to kill a lot of people I ran across or at least have a pretty decent chance.

Another common problem I had was the lack of a skill cap, or specialization which seems like they kind of implemented now unless I am reading the patch notes wrong.

I still had a great time back then even if it was for a month, joined a clan and helped take a city and remember turning red and having to camp the ork area for a new player(after 2 days I turned red because someone looted my tombstone after a mob killed me, then I killed them lol). Anyways thanks for any advice!

Anyone ??

The grind has been greatly decreased. 3x on all skillgains when fighting mobs.

Not sure about crafting.

Edit: And no, you won't be competitive.. But honestly.. It wouldn't take more than 10 hours of play to get to a decent level of sharpshooter.
    Last edited by Emolas; 12-09-2009 at 18:56.

Crafting has been adjusted. The higher rank item/armor/staff you craft - faster your crafting skill goes up. Most (like myslf ) still prefer the slow way of making a lot of 0 skill items just to get the Trueforge skill up as well.
    There is also a new skill now called "Industry" that makes your crafting 30% faster.

There is no skill cap and I hope there never will be. That's what makes this game so great and different. Welcome to sandbox. New melee/archery upgrades are now in place though.

Population... very healthy imo. I haven't been able to PvE without being jumped recently.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

Thanks for the fast replies, and great news . I agree somewhat about crafting, as it was cheap and easy. But having to craft higher level items to make it go faster makes since(I did this at first, till I realized it didn't matter).

One more question(Will resub on Friday), I rolled a human and noticed there are new racial skills. Looking at the list Dwarf looks much better, should I reroll(I play mostly as a melee/archer type). Thanks again!