Hybrid View

Normal User

Default Download (cant post in other forums)

It is a technical problem but i cannot post in the other forums and i even bought the game...

Anyway,

I'm trying to download the updates / game here at the university but offcourse they blocked torrents. Is there another way to download the game through port 80? Because i will not be able to download the game at home because to 15 gig max a month restriction.

I already looked in the other posts and people say direct download is possible but never give a link...

9000+

The link is on your account page - pick the one for your server:

http://www.eu1.darkfallonline.com/dl/Darkfall.exe
    http://www.us1.darkfallonline.com/dl/DarkfallUS.exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkers View Post
    Narcowski, you're the best moderator on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by HauptmannHP View Post
    Narcowski won, gg.

Normal User

Yes those are 50mb. I know i'm in a bit of a problem here but that program try's to connect to the server through a strange port number that is... blocked. I was hoping that the update packages itself could be directly downloaded from the server or any other.

Normal User

Just got this back from the support:

Greetings,

At this time there are no alternate ways to download the patch than through the patcher in the Darkfall client.

Regards,

Darkfall Support

Thus this means i'm stuck to a 6 month account hmm oke it is my own fault true, hopefully they will find a way soon to override this problem. Otherwise i just flushed some money through the toilet :P
    Last edited by jjk; 12-07-2009 at 02:21.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by jjk View Post
    Yes those are 50mb. I know i'm in a bit of a problem here but that program try's to connect to the server through a strange port number that is... blocked. I was hoping that the update packages itself could be directly downloaded from the server or any other.
    Go talk to your college tech services department, ask them to unblock the client & patcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkers View Post
    Narcowski, you're the best moderator on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by HauptmannHP View Post
    Narcowski won, gg.

Normal User

I'll give it a try but they will probably not do it because data usage isn't free here. ( it is made free for the staff members like me ) but i dont think they will encourage it to use it for game update downloaders

Nope to bad... so i have to download the updates at home and wait for a month or 2 untill i got it all... *jeej* or probably longer if more sweet patches are coming out.
    Last edited by jjk; 12-07-2009 at 07:22.