Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36454647 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Abremalist View Post
    A lot of great stuff in this expansion. Lots to be proud about.

But.

Mobs.
    - Reduce resistances some
    - Stop them shooting like automatic cannons with endless ammo
    - Increase the gold loot on hard mobs with some 25%
    All posts should be like that, because this IS reality. They just have to TWEAK the mobs and all some people can do is crying about unsubscribing because for a few days some mobs are too hard? In a PvP game, that is?

Hilarious to say the least.

Normal User

So far I've found 5 mob types weakness or whatever you call it (only way to kill them effectively) with proper debuffs I was able to do 50dmg (frontal) to one mob type, the others 30ish frontal. Now they were hardly soloable but still profitable. Granted I've only tried 6 mob types so far. One of these mob types was doable with piercing/slashing dmg. Now my 2-4 man pve groups fight quite differently than before and you can die insanely quick to caster mobs and it seems all mobs run faster than you and sticky for 5-6 seconds at a time.

My suggestions are as follows:

1. Make them have some sort of a limit on their mana/stam usage. It should be possible to run them out of mana/stam or drain it effectively.

2. Make them follow the same cooldown rules that are set for the players.

3. Make them not almost totally invulnerable to most damage types. (i.e. 1 weakness, 6-7 varying moderate protections, 1-2 invuln or close to, would be good enough) .

4. Make sure there is a good balance between mobs you can kill solo or that a group is needed. (that way no one is totally left out)

5. Adjust loot tables more to fit what kind of needed effort/expenses are taken to kill said monster.

6. Make slashing/bludge arrows. Make transmuted weapons do only the elemental dmg. Add Holy/necro ect dmg transmutes to all weapon types. Try to add in melee weapons that do different damage types than the norm (i.e. axes that do pierce or bludge, polearms that do pierce/bludge ect ect. )

7. Give debuff bolt spells the same aoe radius as the r50 elemental bolts.

Now I'm not saying that the PVE is totally broken. I by all means haven't tried enough mob types/spawns to know the whole picture yet. It could all be fine but so far seems to be a little off but not by what everyone here is making it out to be. My group has made approx 80k in 2 days, about 20kish each depending on who showed up more/less. While its not what most of us are used to, its doable. probably 3-4ish hours total.

I'm not a new player and I basically am a mediocre player with decent EU transfer statistics. 320hp, good magic, max archery skills, 75+ melee mastery, 2nd melee mastery.
    Connoisseur Bloodbane
    Blood

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaCat View Post
    I thought you and others were over-reacting previously, but I have to agree the Mob difficulty needs to be fixed. That said, I wish the community (not directed at you specifically Tene) would stop being so freaking dramatic about stuff. The developers are not robots, and any huge expansion like this obviously would require player feedback and some tweaks. So to that end, it would be far more constructive is more specific examples were provided (not saying some haven't been) instead of just bitching.

The elmentals, for example, to an archer with a regular bow and arrows would appear invulnerable. I have master Archery and all related archer skills near 100 and with a Rank 40 bow did 1 point of dmg. 1 point? ok, so I tried various elemental attacks and did 9 damage with same bow.

This patch owns and I think it's pretty amazing so much can be updated and put in game with so little being broken. So really, from what I can tell, the PvE should get the developers attention now in a major way.

I absolutely LOVE the direction AV is going with Mobs; they just need to do a focused pass over all of them. Not all need tweaking. In fact, the increased spawn rate is awesome and many of the lower level mobs are fine. The mid to higher level mobs should be more difficult than they were, but in a number of cases it needs to be adjusted is all.

One other thing, the distance mobs detect and shoot now is insane. I don't mind it being longer at all, but I'd really appreciate the developers checking it. Look at the Grey Mauraders as an example to start. Those archers detect and shoot way beyone what is reasonable.

Again, I very much like the direction AV is going in this patch. It just needs some review is all. Let's try to provide some detailed info, because just complaining doesn't help a whole lot.
    Highlighted for truth.

1000+ EU1 Player

The past have taught us that the ones that scream, cry and write the most threads in multi-color gets the most attention.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Abremalist View Post
    The past have taught us that the ones that scream, cry and write the most threads in multi-color gets the most attention.
    worked for the magic qq'ers...

Fade toBlack - Vamp

Normal User

PvE needs to be easier. I want to be able to solo PvE the mats/money I need for PvP. Feel I'm using more to take them down that i gain from them even though I am using the right dmg on them and buffing myself against their type of dmg.

I hope you Devs take PvE feedback seriously. In couple days I have and many of my friends have logged off out of frustration several times. I'm affraid we/Darkfall will start loosing players soon...

...time to fix PvE is now.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrach View Post
    PvE needs to be easier. I want to be able to solo PvE the mats/money I need for PvP. Feel I'm using more to take them down that i gain from them even though I am using the right dmg on them and buffing myself against their type of dmg.

I hope you Devs take PvE feedback seriously. In couple days I have and many of my friends have logged off out of frustration several times. I'm affraid we/Darkfall will start loosing players soon...

...time to fix PvE is now.
    I grouped with a friend as both new players and we had fun. Of course, we died because of goblins, but in two it was definitely a challenge more than frustration.

This of course doesn't undermine the fact that some mobs have to be nerfed, and their loot should be increased.

Normal User

How about fixing the old bugs first befor u bring more bugs in ? FFS bag bug is dtill there and the vitality ahivement bug is still there unreal . and now they made the mobs on steroids .. /quit

2000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by MRBULL View Post
    How about fixing the old bugs first befor u bring more bugs in ? FFS bag bug is dtill there and the vitality ahivement bug is still there unreal . and now they made the mobs on steroids .. /quit
    Agree, fix vitality bug u.u

2000+

Default Weaponsmithing mastery

Weaponsmithing mastery skillgain is bugged after the patch.I just crafted 1 rank 60 and 4 rank 50 2 handed weapons and received a total skill gain of 0.10 from 68.84 to 68.93,

It seems the bonus to crafting high level weapons has been taken out or bugged out somehow.
    Last edited by Ginger Magician; 12-07-2009 at 13:43.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=293122 DWARF PVP TOURNEY
    Dont Mess with the Best.AKA The Legend/King of the Dwarves/The most famous player in DF history.
    [SIGPIC]
    'You are too high in maintenance and generally disruptive.' Celiah Ailey on GM

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by MRBULL View Post
    the game is imposible to play for new players .. horrible expansion on PVE side.
    Thats is really true!! I have a skilled character but also in a goblin camp them hit w arrow from where you can not see them all the time non stop... a newbie will not only fight w them but probably will die first to arrive at them spot.
    Generally:

1) Easy Mob really too hard ( newbie have no chance to fight them )

2)Hardest mob...ok they will need now a group but for this just for a poor loot? so better do PVP in this case

Actually do harder MOB have no sense cost more using your reags, armor, weapon and arrows thats what you can have in the loot of them

3)Loot as mentioned is really poor specially on gold and this will demotivate pvm so is easy to see easy monster full of skilled character just killing them to skill a bit more and no one in the harders.

Normal User US1 Player

In the past there were many spawns that would break.

The mobs would get stuck in place, and as long as you kept one alive you could farm the others at will.

Out exploring you'd stumble into these locations all over the world. Same camps daily.

These mobs would still attack forward.

I was looking forward to people actually having to fight mobs properly.

Now these mobs have been broken even worse and there's 2x's as many broken camps. They don't even attack forward, and you can kill all the mobs, and they stay broken.... and mostly drop double the loot.

Add that to your list... I love the PvE now fyi..aside from the broken mobs.

People who exploit killed in the past, just don't have the skills to fight the new mobs. They are weaker minded people otherwise known as QQérs or carebears. Mobs always have a weakness... you gotta find it! SOmetimes they just aren't soloable.

Oh..and wtf is up with sandscarabs and archery..... arrows go right through em...not even a 0 damage is registered!
    I am not an officer in DWFA! From me you'll get the point of view of someone who knows nothing!

Just "Don't Watchme Fuck Achmed" and eveything will be OK!

Normal User

THANK GOD.. read the new post by tasos..
    Expansion Follow-up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today scheduled maintenance will be postponed until later (to around 4PM GMT) so that we can also issue a small patch.

We've been following player feedback from the expansion, we've also been playing the game ourselves and we're working on understanding all the issues and addressing them. We can tell you right now that we're already working on fixing things and re-balancing others and we should be patching almost every day this week until everything is addressed.

This was a huge expansion with major changes to the game and there were bound to be issues. We're grateful for the feedback and all your efforts, we want to assure you that we'll keep monitoring the situation closely.

We'd like to also inform you that there have been issues with Canadian ISP SHAW making it impossible for their customers to access our servers. These issues are being resolved as we speak in cooperation with our iSP GNi.

We'll come back to you with more information on everything we'll be doing in the following days.
    Last edited by Coca; 12-07-2009 at 14:30.

Killer Cola, the Real thing.

1000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by DWFA Nobody View Post
    Oh..and wtf is up with sandscarabs and archery..... arrows go right through em...not even a 0 damage is registered!
    Guess they are immune to archery, but no worry. You just got to find their weakness...

Normal User

Tasos made a post on there Re balancing things hopfully mobs , i mean why would a minotor shahaman shoot none stop surging nukes and the hero "higher mob" hits as hard as the low ones vice versa there chain nukes are retarded and there drops have lowered !!!!!!!!!!! OMG it was suposed top be the other way around !