Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Default Should I buy this game?

Followed this game for years before it was released.

Once the first youtube videos were released, it looked absolutely horrible so I decided to skip it, after being burned on AOC and WAR. (This game looked worse than them)

I really need an MMO fix, so please convince me to buy this game, so I can start crunching newbs and stealing pirate ships.

Video evidence requested.

Thank you.

Normal User

i actually just bought the game like 5 min ago lol, the expansion sounded to good

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkfallOnline

see all their videos ... youtube is bursting with them
    Sad of the new human clone horrible models? Support the protest and ask Av to restore the gorgeous Darkfall 2010 models into DF:UW.

---
    Good Suggestions: NPC Vendor Fix | ARAC+Alignment Fix

Normal User Long term follower

I just resubbed after deciding the game looked decent enough to give it another shot after release failed to impress me.

If you'd like to get some honest perspective, check my site www.laudanumonline.com. I'll post some thoughts on the game over the next few days. I have an advanced character, so you'll be hearing about the game from a mid to highly developed players perspective, rather than another newbie experience or abject fanboi.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=669&datelin  e=1234727318
    "We're playing house. Roman Polanski's house."
    Laudanum - Join the slave army! http://www.laudanumonline.com

I am a new player to the game but also followed it for a long time (I think I first took some interest to it a bit before EQ2 was released). I was turned off by the bad press, how hostile the forums here were back then and elsewhere and all the beta reports were vastly negative.

Well since forums got more positive and talk of the game was a lot better, I gave it a shot and wow this game is awesome!!

Community while overly quite (unless in trade or race global chat) they have been pretty friendly. There is a grind but a MMO is based around grind and carrots, how they keep people and make money. Honestly grind does not bother me, I feel I EARNED what I make or achieve in this game and I am not in a rush to max skill points it will come. A normal MMO like Aion which I also played, I felt that need to power game because of some stupid number over my head that determined everything.

Not as much in darkfall, dunno it is a grind and a dangerous world full of punishment and yet I find it relaxing and more of a "I live here" feeling rather then " I need to powergame to get epics and raid" feeling which is the norm.

It is not for everyone but I do feel it is worth a shot because if you like then you have found your game.

As for graphics, well I honestly find the environments to look nice. Animations, spells effects could use some work, player models are dated but have grown on me. If all you want is eye candy you can do better, however that is not to say Darkfall lacks eye candy, just different.

I find things in the world that catch my eye and since DFO is open world, I can go see them, rather then it being blocked by an invisible wall, surrounded by a millions mobs or a painted backround object.

Also while graphics may not sparkle like say Aion, in DFO the world feels larger then you and organic, where as most MMO you feel larger then the world and like an actor who moves from stage to stage of props.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by stingerII View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkfallOnline

see all their videos ... youtube is bursting with them
    I'd rather see unofficial videos, not stuff created for the purpose of getting people to buy the game.

Everything on Youtube I've found looks like garbage.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Bandulu View Post
    Followed this game for years before it was released.

Once the first youtube videos were released, it looked absolutely horrible so I decided to skip it, after being burned on AOC and WAR. (This game looked worse than them)

I really need an MMO fix, so please convince me to buy this game, so I can start crunching newbs and stealing pirate ships.

Video evidence requested.

Thank you.

YES you should BUY this game

i am new to this game and play it since 4 days now and its is the best game i ever played in the last 6 years the game is every cent worth i payed for and i love it every minute more and more

and let me say i played alot games the last 6 years

2 ppl started with me this game and love it too ist just everything you want in an mmorpg

mfg
    darkin
    Last edited by Darkin; 12-05-2009 at 07:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    I just resubbed after deciding the game looked decent enough to give it another shot after release failed to impress me.

If you'd like to get some honest perspective, check my site www.laudanumonline.com. I'll post some thoughts on the game over the next few days. I have an advanced character, so you'll be hearing about the game from a mid to highly developed players perspective, rather than another newbie experience or abject fanboi.
    Sounds good... that's more or less the kind of perspective I'm looking for. The patch notes sound interesting to me but I'm not sure what they translate into as far as gameplay goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post

Oakland CA eh, you are about 15 minutes away from me probably

Normal User

Normal User

deffinetly, the new expansion is EPIC, PURE EPIC

Normal User EU1 Player

yes buy it
    Veni Spellweaver

Yes
    wat
    skreww L00se - Zealot / Black Shields
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.
    How can anyone beat the zerg you guys are rolling around with?
    Have fun nut cupping 100+ players.

Normal User

i just bought the game and im finding it great - its a bit confusing as you start , and your not pushed along to a tutorial place as much as other MMO's , so i got the feeling i hadf to make my own way.After you've read the tips and such you should get a feel for it.

And the videos on youtube dont do it justuice.