Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Default is australia really 1 day ahead of us

i learned this in geography but im fairly sure the teacher is wrong or lying, or i didnt understand him correctly.

how can we both be on the same planet but they are in our future? and how come there economy isnt all godlike if they know whats gonna happen before it happens to us.

and how is it possible to get in a boat and travel to australia when it doesnt even go faster than light. if it was a plane i could understand cause all modern planes are that fast but boats are still slow, but from what teacher told us, you could get on a boat, and wind up in australia and somehow be a day in future, but if you came back to america you would go back in time again.

worst of all, ive gotta write a paper on this rubbish and my brain cant explain how this is even possible, and as usual the internet is no help at all
    Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 66.67%, Socializer 33.33%
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffington View Post
    A perfect metaphor for Forumfall. We are all a dog wearing a birthday hat with a cupcake calling it a muffin..

o.o its not a day ahead in reality, its just a different time zone, its just 24 hours ahead on the time zone, just think on a small scale how different countries have different times like spain is 1 hour ahead, it doesnt mean that the people was there for 1 extra hour, it just means that the clock has been put forward one hour.

and to counter the different times, different things have different release dates for example, a game will come out 1 day early, in england and 1 day later in austrila.

but in reality they come out at the same time.

Hello, troll.
    http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2559/zebrahitlerie8.gif
    "Do not kick poor Spike, for he is old and weak and cannot harm you."
    Killer 86%/Explorer 73%/Achiever 20%/Socializer 20%
    Previously playing Shadowbane with The Crimson Brotherhood

Time is man-made. It's all a line of instances, onto which humans have bestowed 'time'.

It's all the same instance, different names. The thing time was defined by is sunset and sundown...

Edit: Silly me.

Trowl.
    Last edited by Emolas; 11-30-2009 at 10:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Drool111 View Post
    i learned this in geography but im fairly sure the teacher is wrong or lying, or i didnt understand him correctly.

how can we both be on the same planet but they are in our future? and how come there economy isnt all godlike if they know whats gonna happen before it happens to us.

and how is it possible to get in a boat and travel to australia when it doesnt even go faster than light. if it was a plane i could understand cause all modern planes are that fast but boats are still slow, but from what teacher told us, you could get on a boat, and wind up in australia and somehow be a day in future, but if you came back to america you would go back in time again.

worst of all, ive gotta write a paper on this rubbish and my brain cant explain how this is even possible, and as usual the internet is no help at all
    It's very simple. You confuse de different meanings of time.

Granting there is no weird anomaly the whole of Earth always exists within the same moment. So no part is further into the future or back in the past as opposed to other parts.
    The earth itself is separated into time-zone's. Every part that falls in a different segment has a different hour, but it still exists within the same moment.
    One Earth rotation takes for convenience sake 24 hours, which equals to a day. Other planet do this quicker or slower hence the length of a day will differ on it, but they will still exists at the same moment as we do.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

3000+

What will be next?

"I heard the earth was a sphere, so why the hell dont we fall from it? And i think people on the other side of the planet would have noticed if they were living heads down- like your haircut always streamlining up, and items you drop falling up into the sky...."
    Hello Kitty!

Futilez the Best, screw the rest!

I see you fell for the whole 'Australia is a real place' thing.

You really need to be more discerning with the information you are force fed by the Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    Time is man-made. It's all a line of instances, onto which humans have bestowed 'time'.

It's all the same instance, different names. The thing time was defined by is sunset and sundown...
    It's man-made indeed, but it does have its roots in how our solar system has worked for billions of years. We just gave it a quantity.
    Last edited by Lotharr; 11-30-2009 at 12:13.

New Zealand is the future, not Austrailia.

Brb, fuckin' a sheep.

Darkfall Online renamed to Fighting Goblins Online
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=86158

11,000+

Looks like someone needs to learn the basic idea of timezones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

1000+

This thread made me laugh.
    You have a Wonderful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    Boo fuckity hoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    Hey now. The only person I beat is my girlfriend.

Normal User

If you want your brain twisted... ask what day the far side of the moon is on man.

maaannn.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Attau View Post
    If you want your brain twisted... ask what day the far side of the moon is on man.

maaannn.
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude......

Moe Lester

Quote Originally Posted by Tribaja View Post
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude......
    Pass me the joint already!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharr View Post
    It's man-made indeed, but it does have its roots in how our solar system has worked for billions of years. We just gave it a quantity.
    Yeah.. But an hour on Mars isn't an hour on Earth.. So it's really got nothing to do with other parts of the solar system than the earth (time itself, no, I don't want to know that there are gravitational factors and sunlight coming from elsewhere.. >_>)