Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 91011 ... LastLast
    2000+

Not really my kind a thing but good to see some sneek peaks

Quote Originally Posted by Fugean View Post
    looks cool and all, but how many days(weeks?) is this going to push back the release of the expansion? just wondering if it will be out before feb of next year.....
    Lets see now...
    Thinking to himself : Codding a slot machine should take ..30 minutes..making applying the textures...UV map done right.. err 1 hour or so.

It's going to take a year probably...can I have your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by raffraff View Post
    In Phantasy Star Universe (a shit game I played once) you could put a machine in your shop which let you put several items in it and people could pay a certain amount and get one of the items at random. So you put a really nice item in and a load of regular bits and pieces and visitors had a chance to get the nice item, but usually just got some crap. Worked pretty well and is more dynamic than this thing.

Sorry for the many posts people but I read the thread backwards.

Let them add this feature: Players make it so their machines drop rare items! I love you! Awesome suggestion!

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by RelentlesCoward View Post
    Lets see now...
    Thinking to himself : Codding a slot machine should take ..30 minutes..making applying the textures...UV map done right.. err 1 hour or so.

It's going to take a year probably...can I have your stuff?
    Lol. Nothing takes only 30 minutes in development.

Deploying to test alone will eat up that much.

just put some badass sound to it when ppl use it so we can hear it far away

DF1 clan history:hellbourne,the republic of silver sun,deviance,brothers n sisters,argonauts,nocry

Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    Are you actually saying that playing darkfall solo is more viable than with a clan? Really?
    Where'd I say that?

Talking about this?
    This game already has too much of an emphasis on solo play. There's no real rewards for group play.
    I should have specified. In PvE, it's not worth it to play as a group. Most of the time, killing monsters on your own is more effective because you don't have to split the loot with anyone, and there are no larger objectives that are worthwhile and require a group. No, the fire dragon doesn't count, because I said worthwhile. Yes, a lot of spawns are worth it if you team up with another person so you can trade rapid shots. I'm not denying that, but that's still not group PvE.

Of course you need a guild to succeed in Darkfall. But why do you need a guild? They teach you about the game. They show you macro spots (where you don't even play the game, or you play it alone or unattended). They give you someone to macro off (once again, removing you from actually playing the game). They provide teammates for backing you up in PvP. Darkfall, in its current implementation, is limited to PvP, PvE, crafting, and exploring. Exploring is solo play. Crafting is solo play. PvE is solo play. That leaves PvP. Hell, these days I even like PvPing alone. That's unimportant though. The point is that there needs to be another layer of gameplay outside of PvP that requires group play or social interaction. Slot machines aren't the answer. Dice, card games, or any kind of multiplayer game are.

Over the last three days, I've spent more time in game playing around with my guildmates trying to see who can get to the top of the tall trees in the hamlet we live in. We've made a game out of nothing. Imagine what the player base could do if given even the most modest tools!

That's why I'm hoping slot machines will be accompanied by some of Tenebrion's suggestions, and that they'll allow player run vendors to give out quests (at the very least).

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

AV needs to give us a collectable card game!

Clearly Darkfall's Magic The Gathering / Pox Nora is the answer.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    AV needs to give us a collectable card game!

Clearly Darkfall's Magic The Gathering / Pox Nora is the answer.
    Hahah and cards drop from chaos chests right ?
    Stalowy Szpon

Neat and all, but I'm going to pull the level on that slot machine and hope to win news on the expansion.

Or... Maybe we can start trolling tweets from your developers and start speculation threads...?

Fixed a few bugs and added some stuff for the Darkfall expansion. Now time for sleep. #code_code_code #darkfall
    about 24 hours ago from TweetDeck

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Neat and all, but I'm going to pull the lever on that slot machine and hope to win news on the expansion.

Or... Maybe we can start trolling tweets from your developers and start speculation threads...?

Fixed a few bugs and added some stuff for the Darkfall expansion. Now time for sleep. #code_code_code #darkfall
    about 24 hours ago from TweetDeck
    *Edit*

Yew Militia Clan Leader

This is stupid.
    HUAH YEW!!
    "Trust in me and fall as well."

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    This is stupid.
    This, scrap slot machines and warhulks in one go. I think somebody does understand what immersion is.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by nacitar sevaht View Post
    Completely stupid.

Adding games where players bet their own money is one thing; adding an arbitrary source of luck where players can just randomly get a shitload of magically created money for doing nothing, however, is just stupi... oh wait..! nvm, chaos chests.

Lame.

Adding something like poker vs players is cool, adding slot machines is not.
    Chaos chests may be random and reward people randomly, but that's the fun. It's just enjoyable to be riding along and spot three chaos chests in a row, or to simply race with your clan mates to try and nab the chaos chest you all spotted. Sure they may be random and don't reward skill bet they are a FUN feature.

Also to those of you complaining that the devs are "wasting" time on this I have two things to say. People have been begging for fluff like this since day 1 (and I'm not talking about release or beta). They may not seem like something that peaks your interest but it's something that a lot of players want. Secondly this is not something hard to do. It's honestly not like this is exactly a complicated feature.

1. Press 'f'
    2. Take bet from bag
    3. Roll random number
    4. ????
    5. Profit!!!
    I Don't Bite, I Rant!

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Yakamoz View Post
    This, scrap slot machines and warhulks in one go. I think somebody does understand what immersion is.
    Thats the problem with this one, isn't it? Immersion breaking. Whats next? Fighter jets? Remote controlled cars? iDFPhones?

that is so cool!
    How do you do?