Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal User

Default Please update this Rating

Guy's Gal's,

This game has a completely unfair and terrible player rating on mmorpg.com. I could agree with it at launch but not now. The Service a 5.7? The new support ticketing system is the best I have ever used in any MMO, aside from Blizzard but still. NCsoft wont respond untill a week later. Every ticket I enter to DFO I get a response with 6 hours easy.

Fun and Performance deserve a complete 9 or 10. As a veteran I have noticed playing games back in 2001 that could support 400 people in the same area easily. These games were built with mind numbingly low budgets and 20 man teams. Now we have Multimillion dollar budget games with 100 man teams that are making instanced RPG’s that support no more than 50 people in the same area.

AoC and even Mortal Online, they bog down and die when u try to get a large amount of people together. I stated this earlier. Darkfall no matter how bad people say it is or how bad the reviews are, There are YouTube Videos of over 1000 people on the screen fighting. Performance lag should be a pure 9 or 10 compared to every game in the world.

This game only has 500 people rating it. That is nonsense, Everyone please create an account and post your honest Rating.

Thanks,

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/4/view/ratings

Normal User

1000 people on the screen at once, eh?

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Kalizkhan View Post
    1000 people on the screen at once, eh?
    in his comment on mmorpg he writes

" This game is the first to support 1000v1000 virtual PVP WAR"

lol

Normal User

Well, with the landspace available and a seamless world, its technically true - however, I doubt with AV's current servers, and with the current state of the Personal Computer, that this is possible in the same place and at the same time.

mmorpg.com blows!

It is just a bunch of kids bitching about games charging a monthly fee cuz they are only ten and cant get their parents to pay for it.

FAT ELY
    (EDIT: I do not read/respond to Xipher's posts. You should not either)

7000+

The problem is when ppl make official reviews, they all compar the game they are reviewing to wow in their heards. Thats why Euro gamer give this game a 2/10 and a 4/10. MMORPG.com give it a 6/10, but it still deserve more. After the expansion, theys hould raise the rating at mmorpg.com.

ya who cares? this games fine after this expansion which should kick ass people will be back. and if they ever get a boxed version out...or do any type of advertising...at all...

Guild Leader Vicious Vikings Long term follower

I'll rate it when its close to an finished product. Right now I give the game a solid 1
    Nataz Urzalem
    Retired Major of zZzZz

I couldn't help to notice that the user rating is 6.9 and the MMORPG.com ratting (where it says "Our rating") is 6.0 and I wonder why really.

Then I see a top banner advertisement "Dragon Age" from the MMO game killer Electronic Arts company (anyone remember how they killed Earth n Beyond? and other games) and sort of I get the meaning...
    MMORPG.com is a site that they want to make money first and all things come later. Really if I want to learn about a new MMORPG which isn't EA or Blizzard - Activision or any Asian grind by a big Asian corporation I shouldn't go to MMORPG.com since there are a tone of new games and betas out there and MMORPG.com seems like it is from another planet. They make already a tone of money from just the banner advertising only without catering to the MMO player one bit.
    People should really log in and rate it with a comment.
    We cannot rely on any moneymaking.com site to be fair and unbiased since there are a lot of money on the table for them if they favor big corporations that in essence belong to the usual suspects, the Hollywood companies who want to control the news, the movies and lastly what we play offline and online since the dawn of the internet.
    Last edited by RelentlesCoward; 11-11-2009 at 02:29.

Normal User US1 Player

The problem with the user rating system for mmorpg is that it's a composite of all of the features, and it doesn't let users weight them.

I think darkfall diserves an 9 or so overall, but I don't think the Sound, Role-Playing, or Service really diserve anything above a 6. I also can't honestly say that the graphics are above a 7, and of course have my qualms about performance in certain situations... My scores can't average out to what would be considered a good review on the value or fun alone.

I also like the community here, and would rate it highly, but that seems to be a trait I alone share, somewhat like the OP's preformance/support claims. In terms of preformance the game runs well enough the majority of the time, but the rate of disconnects/crashes, especially in large fights is just ridiculous. As for the support, I suspect the OP just hasn't had to deal with it much. There are some things that the GMS and support staff know how to do efficiently, but these seem to be the minority of all requests. The GMs seem to have less information about the game in general about players, and are rarely helpful, while a good chunk of support tickets seem to just sit there without any meaningful response (other than "we received your request and are looking into it".)

PS: Dragon Age is published and advertised by EA, but developed by BioWare. Don't shoot them down because they wanted people to actually play the great game they spent assloads of money on.

1000+

Changed my DF rating there to 9 overall after the first expansion.

Its interesting to see that a game that has such a low rating on that site consistently ranks #1 in their activity rating.

7000+

Me, i would give DF a 7.5/10 or a 8/10. I wont state my reason, but one of them is that if MMORPG give Age of conan a 7/10, everyone know that DF is not worst then AOC in all ways so its not possible to rate DF below or equal to AOC.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Alberton View Post
    Changed my DF rating there to 9 overall after the first expansion.

Its interesting to see that a game that has such a low rating on that site consistently ranks #1 in their activity rating.
    if by interesting you mean 'suspicious' someone's just botting it up for page hits. Only takes one person to do thousands upon thousands of hits a day. It's not legit.

on topic: gameplay is like a 6-7 depending on when you played (balance) and the rest are for the most part 4-6s. Especially service - you weren't around back in the day and those people that they pissed off and made quit with their shit service aren't going to come back and change those rankings lol.
    Last edited by Haeso; 11-11-2009 at 05:27.
    I have so many fans.

2000+

Bad site.

2000+

Nobody whose opinion I respect is a member of MMORPG.com.