Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal User

Default So the DFO site says we can invent items.. where is this system at?

"Darkfall’s crafting system is intuitive, challenging, useful, fun - and profitable. Using Darkfall’s virtually limitless item creator system, you could invent and be the first to use an awesome new weapon, or simply create some new arrows to use in your daily hunt."

Hm was reading that and from my understanding its not true, I think being able to invent items would add a lot to the DFO economy and make crafters much more unique.
    This along with localized resources and full local banking would make the game amazing.. crafters making their unique wears and gathering resources from their home land as they caravan on ships and wagons across agon to other cities and allies.
    They would then set up shops and stalls in trading hubs selling their goods to others.

sounds amazing eh?
    Last edited by bartillo; 11-04-2009 at 05:14.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by bartillo View Post
    "Darkfall’s crafting system is intuitive, challenging, useful, fun - and profitable. Using Darkfall’s virtually limitless item creator system, you could invent and be the first to use an awesome new weapon, or simply create some new arrows to use in your daily hunt."

Hm was reading that and from my understanding its not true, I think being able to invent items would add a lot to the DFO economy and make crafters much more unique.
    This along with localized resources and full local banking would make the game amazing.. crafters making their unique wears and gathering resources from their home land as they caravan on ships and wagons across agon to other cities and allies.
    They would then set up shops and stalls in trading hubs selling their goods to others.

sounds amazing eh?
    sounds good

Bob Devine

Does the main site stll say that. Anyways, its kinda there... enchanting.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

Normal User

yea it also says that mahirim can run on all fours. or it used idk if they took that off yet
    fo shizzle my nizzle

Banned EU1 Player

maybe on 3rd or 4th expansion...

Normal User

this is the reason why public forum threads have to be added on moderation queue

Normal User US1 Player

it also says some bullcrap about secure trading system in and out of game lol wtf kinda crap is that

Normal User

it was what we expected to get...

Hell we even expected NPC guards, yet we got star-wars towers

Quote Originally Posted by Sathyro View Post

How are guards more beneficial then towers ? In helping griefing newbies ?

Normal User

This is a troll, clearly a troll trying to stir things up.

Surely people playing the game know that AV is a small developer and have some clue what that means. It means that they're going to do what they can with limited resources.

Some of the things they want will be beyond their reach, and there's some polish missing. If WoW made DF, with the same vision in mind, the game would be awesome, but they won't, no big developer will until there's proof of success.

People bring up items that are 5 years old and act like they were binding promises sworn in blood, when they were just the vision of a small group that wanted something like Darkfall.

It's the game I want, and I can see that the direction they're going is a good one. It's a direction that maintains the PvP centric, open world concept and adds content and features without tying our hands.

fuck local banking.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by MortalZero View Post
    How are guards more beneficial then towers ? In helping griefing newbies ?
    Guards would had been better because in that case, we would even be able to raid capital city for fun and there could even be event of the week, protecting or attacking that race capital for a reward and defenders have to defend succefully before 1 or 2 hours pass and a reward for the winners that was still in the castle.

If you are a human protecting the human capital, all the humans and the other alignment race that was in that same capital and manage to defend it teal the timer was over receive a reward, or if they failed, all the other enemy race receive a reward, but they have to stay in the capital to get it.

Normal User

Hand of Nod (Command and conquer)

That's what enchanting / transmutation is.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

IRC Moderator

Er, no. NPC guards were cut in a public statement nearly 2 years before launch. Not saying towers are better, just I'm tired of seeing people whine about features that are missing that were never supposed to be in game.

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.