Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    1000+ Long term follower

Default Ukraine Swine Flu Epidemic

Ukraine on Friday shut schools, banned large public gatherings and imposed travel restrictions for three weeks – some of the most drastic measures taken across the globe to contain swine flu – after confirming that a sudden and swift outbreak has claimed at least 11 lives.
    In the latest figures released this weekend, officials said more than 50 died of pneumonia and other suspected H1N1 sicknesses. More than 2,000 people were hospitalised in connection with the “epidemic” that broke out in October in western regions of the country that border the European Union.
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b79ef5a0-c...44feab49a.html

This section of the report caught my attention -

In a panic, many citizens flocked to pharmacies seeking to purchase medication and masks. Existing stocks quickly sold out fast sparking panic and anger at the government.

Earlier on Friday, Ms Tymoshenko warned that licences would be evoked for pharmacies that were caught overcharging for medication
    I assume she meant 'revoked', but still to even mention this means some pharmacies were hiking prices to profit from the situation

OMNG WE NEED TO VACCINATE EVERYONE OMG SWINE FLU HAS KILLED...6000 people?

Darkfall Online renamed to Fighting Goblins Online
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=86158

Normal User

Shut. Down. Everything.
    I bust a nut in a riptide. A surfer hit it, did a flip, and then died. - Marc M.

this swine flu hoax just proves that 90% of humans are idiots and they deserve to die

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b79ef5a0-c...44feab49a.html

This section of the report caught my attention -

I assume she meant 'revoked', but still to even mention this means some pharmacies were hiking prices to profit from the situation
    Nothing new
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

2000+

In a panic, many citizens flocked to pharmacies seeking to purchase medication and masks. Existing stocks quickly sold out fast sparking panic and anger at the government.
    Ah yeah, there's a good idea - lets all congregate together in one place with people who are obviously already feeling sick to buy medication that's entirely useless at doing anything other than relieving some symptons for a short time.
    Last edited by Dark Lily; 11-02-2009 at 11:01.

I think 5 or 6 people died in Belgium. I'd say we should initiate Exterminatus of the planet to prevent it from spreading to the Moon and Mars.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Sqarak View Post
    I think 5 or 6 people died in Belgium. I'd say we should initiate Exterminatus of the planet to prevent it from spreading to the Moon and Mars.
    Can't we just start by exterminating Belgium first?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lily View Post
    Can't we just start by exterminating Belgium first?
    It isn't an exterminatus unless a planet is destroyed. 100% effective against all manner of disease, corruption, and heresy.

12,000+

Most likely she is full of shit not that overcharging is bad. We said the same thing of battery sellers during Katrina and set a price control on batteries. You want to know the effect? We ran out of batteries LOL! People were buying a fuckton for "just in case".
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

1000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    Most likely she is full of shit not that overcharging is bad. We said the same thing of battery sellers during Katrina and set a price control on batteries. You want to know the effect? We ran out of batteries LOL! People were buying a fuckton for "just in case".
    So you think it's better to control supply through artificially inflating prices during an emergency, allowing unscrupulous people to make large profits off scared people - rather than setting an enforced price control and attempting to increase the supply through other means?

It failed in the case of batteries (and other items) during Katrina not because of the price control, but because of the poor supply infrastructure and stock control of local businesses, combined with poor emergency planning by relevant government agencies

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Laxe View Post
    this swine flu hoax just proves that 90% of humans are idiots and they deserve to die
    This.

It's just an excuse for goverment to steal some more $, nothing more.

I was kinda shocked at saturday when i saw people in masks on the street. Like "wtf?! is it fallout already?"

12,000+

So you think it's better to control supply through artificially inflating prices during an emergency, allowing unscrupulous people to make large profits off scared people - rather than setting an enforced price control and attempting to increase the supply through other means?

It failed in the case of batteries (and other items) during Katrina not because of the price control, but because of the poor supply infrastructure and stock control of local businesses, combined with poor emergency planning by relevant government agencies
    Ok well the day government provides enough batteries (or a million other small items they never do) is the day I will say price controls are not necessarily bad.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

1000+ Long term follower

So it's not really a big deal Elmi? That's good news, it's just another media hype then

Btw, what are the girls like in Ukraine, from the persons view living there? Any really good looking ones like you see on the net, or are they few and far between?

Ok well the day government provides enough batteries (or a million other small items they never do) is the day I will say price controls are not necessarily bad.
    Good point
    Last edited by Carnagel; 11-02-2009 at 12:55.

Normal User

IMO in an ideal world, goverment should provide enough sale points with batteries priced "fairly".