Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
    6000+ Long term follower

If they gave bonuses to racial clans (or penalties to ARAC) and fixed the alignment system there wouldn't be this problem to begin with because there would be a reason to protect new people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thry View Post
    The only thing AV is successful at is disappointment. Seriously, wtf is wrong with these guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidel Castro View Post
    play a shit game you get shit results. shit + shit = pile of shit.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Draxous View Post
    And how do you suppose the guild NEW works on Siege in UO?
    Doesn't UO have a war system where you declare a war and then the target clan has to accept for the war to actually be declared? Under a system like that, NEW members would still be protected in NPC guard zones. With the DF ruleset, they might be better off untagged so that they can learn the basics of the game in the safety of starter areas without worrying about every orange trying to pick off an easy kill.

1000+

Without new players =

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Lumanil View Post
    NO, we don't. I didn't have newbie protection, so why do others need it ???
    Newbies should learn about this harsh world from the first day they are playing, everything else, would give them a wrong impression.
    So basically you're saying that you want to be able to kill all new players without getting tailed by their clan mates? Seriously you should compliment the people behind thes organisation of 'NEW' instead of trolling about the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ikhoefnix View Post
    we over at NA are so awesome, arent we?
    u r not center of world .

Normal User

New clan... lovely idea but Hyperion on EU have been trying to do this for a while now (the new hyperion) - its our main aim, make human lands safe for new players. As a rule, hyperion players wont kill blue people unless attacked, our cities gates are always open for people and were welcoming to new players (which unfortunatly leads to many many alt character spies and stealing but we will keep going)

Now i know we havent made human lands safe yet... but its the intention
    --------------
    Allort Gubakoo

Quote Originally Posted by Frisca View Post

I think John is kinda hated in NH

1000+ US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by DocMartin View Post
    Doesn't UO have a war system where you declare a war and then the target clan has to accept for the war to actually be declared? Under a system like that, NEW members would still be protected in NPC guard zones. With the DF ruleset, they might be better off untagged so that they can learn the basics of the game in the safety of starter areas without worrying about every orange trying to pick off an easy kill.
    Kind of. You are not safe in any town... UO has stealing (not found in DF) and murderers will kill you in town (although it is difficult.) Murderers are not restricted from entering town... DF has guard towers, so the DF towns are essentially more safe in one way, less safe in another.

There is no stat-loss in UO just like in DF so murderers are able to kill as much as they want.

You obviously don't get the point of NEW. This is NOT to guarantee new players a safe place to play this game without getting killed. THEY WILL DIE. If a player cannot handle getting killed by other players, then this game is not for them.

This is why hyperion "new experiement" fails. You cannot stop players from killing newbs... you cannot completely secure anything in this game, let alone the human lands. You can only police it (just like the police cant stop someone from murderering someone else irl, but they can mitigate it.)

The whole point of NEW is to give new players a place to find fellow players to share similar experiences with. A place where guilds can look for potential recruits. A place for them to begin their integration into the community.

Community is what built UO. Community is what builds sandboxes. Community is why people play UO for years and years and years. Community is the biggest thing UO players say they miss from pre-trammel to post-trammel. That is what this game is ALL about... not PvP, but rather... community.

What you're line of thinking leads to is things like Trammel and stupid consensual PvP systems, newbie islands and other bullshit that just will exacerbate the problems and undermine the core design of this game.

I have a really good relationship with those that run NEW on Siege Perilous. They are the greatest resource for ironing out the kinks in this 'idea' because of their 9+ years of experience with it. Why more people don't take advantage of that kind of knowledge, I have no idea...
    Last edited by Draxous; 10-27-2009 at 21:58.

1000+ US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Allort View Post
    New clan... lovely idea but Hyperion on EU have been trying to do this for a while now (the new hyperion) - its our main aim, make human lands safe for new players. As a rule, hyperion players wont kill blue people unless attacked, our cities gates are always open for people and were welcoming to new players (which unfortunatly leads to many many alt character spies and stealing but we will keep going)

Now i know we havent made human lands safe yet... but its the intention
    No, you have not.

You have been trying to do an ultra carebear perversion of what NEW is supposed to be. It's why you have problems that you just ignore and "keep going." It's why your main aim is an utter failure.

You're basically trying to make it into something that it's never going to be.

You need to first understand how "NEW" is really supposed to work and the purpose it's supposed to serve. Then you will find the success with it that you're looking for.

It's been running successfully for over 9 YEARS in a game (shard) with a ruleset that is identical to Darkfalls... why people haven't looked to it as a point of reference... I dunno. Sad, really.
    Last edited by Draxous; 10-27-2009 at 22:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    Freehold already did this.
    Freehold was for traiding
    wat
    skreww L00se - Zealot / Black Shields
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.
    How can anyone beat the zerg you guys are rolling around with?
    Have fun nut cupping 100+ players.

Quote Originally Posted by screw loose View Post
    Freehold was for traiding
    trading*
    wat
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.

1000+

Why not fix the game so new players don't have to grind for 6 months to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaol View Post
    Why not fix the game so new players don't have to grind for 6 months to be competitive.
    To be fair they are doing just that. You can skill up melee and archery very quickly on mobs. Magic is also pretty quick now and when the cooldown stuff is introduced people won't feel the need to max every school.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by dennishzd View Post
    So basically you're saying that you want to be able to kill all new players without getting tailed by their clan mates? Seriously you should compliment the people behind thes organisation of 'NEW' instead of trolling about the idea.

u r not center of world .
    Sorry, but you misunderstood me.
    I want to be able to kill all new players AND live with the consequences.
    If the consequence is, that a clanmate kills me, so be it.
    But i don't want to get forced to not killing them.
    I don't want AV to implement a magic "wall of newbie protection".
    I also don't want that players exclude other players, because they attack newbies.

New players should learn how to survive like all people did before.
    They should learn to run fast or to join a clan to survive. Or to bank often...

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Draxous View Post

bon3d3wd along with his buddy pLatEd3wd roll through and just shit on him.

That's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide View Post
    I mean what is this, new players, I'm a new player that is six months into the game who has to endure the most pitiful of experiences because of the games current state. I work so hard to gather mats but then am not rewarded and the world is so god damn empty and no sign of transfers that I'm going to find this guild which is spotlighted and gank their bank.
    And Spark, I don't know what you're problem is, you are never satisfied.

"We understand that the above may seem vague"
    -Tmeister

Quote Originally Posted by Kaol View Post
    They already did... You can get 100 ele in 1-2 days. 6x magic is a lot of skills gains. QQ
    wat

Normal User

This is why hyperion "new experiement" fails. You cannot stop players from killing newbs... you cannot completely secure anything in this game, let alone the human lands. You can only police it (just like the police cant stop someone from murderering someone else irl, but they can mitigate it.)
    who said it has failed? who said we are trying to stop people getting killed?

(ok if someone finds an exact quote saying thats what we want, well its dam well not what were trying for )

Who gave you the right to accuse us of failing

We want the human lands to be a safer place for new people. By this i mean safer then it is now and i dont mean no killing. I.e a new player can come into human lands and have fun. There will be plently of gankers around still i bet and not much will change but we want a new player to feel like they are not so out of their depth, not so lost, not so out numbered and not so alone, basically changing the current new player experience which can be daunting.

I want to start encouraging blue hyperion members to spend more time in starter cities to help with this personaly, not just stuck up in our own cities, which people are still more then welcome to come to

I think were trying to do the same thing, i really do, and i applaud us both for that I just want to point out (as you got spotlighted and im a little green over it) that your not the first to try it, individual guilds (NewHope and others) and other alliances and ideals have tried the same before to varying degrees of succsess
    --------------
    Allort Gubakoo

Quote Originally Posted by Frisca View Post

I think John is kinda hated in NH