Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21303132 LastLast
    Normal User EU1 Player

Global Cooldown is the worst possible solution ever, it doesnt take a genious to come up with that. Instead i would like to see combo's, where when you have fire you cant use water(and water needs to be revamped) etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Threeloves View Post
    Global Cooldown is the worst possible solution ever, it doesnt take a genious to come up with that. Instead i would like to see combo's, where when you have fire you cant use water(and water needs to be revamped) etc.
    ok, so what if someone already has fire and water. then what? they can't use either because they have the other?

Normal User

This sounds very awesome - looking forward to the changes!!!

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dog View Post
    I doubt they will release that information before the patch goes live.

We can assume until the cows come home, too, but that would be pointless imo...still, here goes. :P

My best guess is that they'll have cool downs associated with spell rank. So once you cast a 90 then all 90's will go on cooldown...once you cast a 100, all 100's will go on cooldown and so on.

At least that's how I'd do it and it would force you to cycle through some lesser-used spells while you want for the timer to come back up on the heavy hitters.

Like I said, just a guess and probably one that's already been stated here a number of times by other players.

I Agree with this.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by coder1024 View Post
    ok, so what if someone already has fire and water. then what? they can't use either because they have the other?
    There was the original talk of not being able to to wield appossing elemental magic back in the day. No clue how it could be put into game now that many have all or at least 3 elementals. sigh... If it happens cool - i'll take the hit. If not oh well - on to something else.

Normal User

Ok, so they released something about archery, then magic.

Now for the sneak peak at melee.

Even if we don't get one, the expansion sounds pretty exciting, Like ants in my pants.

1000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by coder1024 View Post
    Well that is how it was orginaly. One elemental school. So we are more or less back whwere we started except that people can say get air just for come hither.

Now thats good.

But taking such a ridiculous amount of time for such a simple solution, not telling anyone that was the direction the fix was taking and letting thousands of people work on elements of their character they cannot now use, whilst the game died in degrees as a result of everyone macroing, is just pathetic.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by -morph- View Post
    But taking such a ridiculous amount of time for such a simple solution, not telling anyone that was the direction the fix was taking and letting thousands of people work on elements of their character they cannot now use, whilst the game died in degrees as a result of everyone macroing, is just pathetic.
    They had to as there was nothing else to do in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rhygar View Post
    They had to as there was nothing else to do in the game.
    There would have been more to do in-game if 90% of the remaining pop had not been desperately trying to get multi magic schools maxed to keep up.

If people had had more idea the shape of their magic nerf, ie cooldowns, or it had been done in a timely fashion, then people wuld have been out pking more, macroing far far less.

I like cooldowns as a solution btw, i was asking for it in suggestions since the flaws became apparent.

Why does it take 4 months to do a few cooldowns? most dev teams on other games can modify, remove or introduce cooldowns in a week. Why has it taken this long to address a gamebreaking flaw if this was how simple the end solution was...

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Resfelm View Post
    Now that the Darkfall developer credits

Trond had some very interesting things to talk about. First of all he told us that the first small steps towards racial differentiation are on their way and some racial skills will be introduced to the game with the upcoming expansion. For example, Orks will be dealing more damage with greataxes, humans will have longer nourishment duration from food and dwarves will be able to craft more durable armor.

That's it for today, please stay tuned for our next developer spotlight article.
    super gay.... humans with better nourishment!?!? that is not balanceing the game.....orks will be much better in fights than humans... atleast make every race better with 1 kind of weapon.... I mean orks with axes and humans with 1 kind dwarfs with 1 kind..or so... wtf kind of bonus is nourishment...omg...

Otherwise I think it sounds good..
    Last edited by Settra; 10-24-2009 at 12:27.

1000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    super gay.... humans with better nourishment!?!? that is not balanceing the game.....orks will be much better in fights than humans... atleast make every race better with 1 kind of weapon.... I mean orks with axes and humans with 1 kind dwarfs with 1 kind..or so... wtf kind of bonus is nourishment...omg...

Otherwise I think it sounds good..
    at leats its a combat buff. imagine how screwed dwarfs that dont craft feel lol.

cant understand why ppl are crying over nourishment bonus, think its the best of all . you can use it whit melee , archery, magic, harvesting. whit good survivalist skill it can last longer and that little boost of stamina and helth can save your ass. Dwarfs a little gimped but if they give them bonus on crafted armor stats like 0.3 for pieace it will be good. And they are saying all the time in all posts "just a first step of recial skills " .

DF1 clan history:hellbourne,the republic of silver sun,deviance,brothers n sisters,argonauts,nocry

1000+

at leats its a combat buff. imagine how screwed dwarfs that dont craft feel lol.
    don't you know dwarfs are getting the "rolling thunder" special ability where they roll in to a ball and do damage to what ever they hit and also there is an add on to that where they can be fired out of a cannon while in the "rolling thunder" and instant kill any building

Normal User

Please don't give certain races weapon damage bonuses... You're going to make those races homogeneous with regard to weapon choice, making the game more boring.

Plus, I think the higher ranking weapons do quite significantly more damage already. Why do we need to make more elite players in rich clans even more elite? I thought I was getting into a game that focused more on player skill and not on items.

Please rethink these features.

Normal User

There would have been more to do in-game if 90% of the remaining pop had not been desperately trying to get multi magic schools maxed to keep up.

If people had had more idea the shape of their magic nerf, ie cooldowns, or it had been done in a timely fashion, then people wuld have been out pking more, macroing far far less.

I like cooldowns as a solution btw, i was asking for it in suggestions since the flaws became apparent.

Why does it take 4 months to do a few cooldowns? most dev teams on other games can modify, remove or introduce cooldowns in a week. Why has it taken this long to address a gamebreaking flaw if this was how simple the end solution was...
    These are all good questions for which we will never have answers I think.
    Last edited by Rhygar; 10-24-2009 at 23:25.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]