Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14232425 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 475
  1. #346
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melipone View Post
    Actually scrap that, probably a bad idea getting top clans to test their stuff before rolling it out..
    I was just goin' to say that would be at the bottom of most people's lists.

    As for your observations on magic, I think you're spot on there. However, while listening to your customer base is important you still need to present them with a definitive vision of what you see your product being and I just don't feel that's being presented or even formulated.

    *shrugs* Maybe I'm missing the bigger picture but it all just seems so random and "improvements" seem to be a quick knee-jerk reaction to the latest QQ thread.
    I don't give a fuck what you think...you're wrong and you're an idiot, that's all I need to know.

    EDIT: I pay AV $15.00 a month to get "We'll try to have this next week, after the patch we're working on getting out. We apologize for the postponement."...I think that actually makes me the idiot.

  2. #347
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Davie,Fl
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueOreo View Post
    The racial abilities should at least be implemented so that they don't force players into a certain route. When you make orcs deal more damage with great axes, you're making every orc from here until the end of time a great axe user. This is boring and vanilla. Instead, why not go with the berserker idea. It could be as simple as a 1 minute duration power with a 10 minute recast that gave a stackable +10 str, +10 vit. Sure, this still encourages orcs to be melee fighters, but at least they're not all swinging the same weapon now.

    If you wanted to expand it even further, you could make berserker be a health/stam regen buff (that say lasted 15 or 30 seconds) with a similar cool down, which would be helpful to orc mages and archers as well.

    The racial abilities should also all fall into the same category. If the orcs get an ability that helps them in PvP, then the dwarves should have one as well. It's silly to give the orcs an advantage in PvP, the cornerstone of this game, and not give the same opportunity to other races.

    Finally, the human racial ability sounds useless and underpowered. Additional time on food buffs? That's not even an ability--it's just a silly decimal adjustment.

    Good ideas and i am sure you though of that in a couple minutes. It takes month of planning on avs part to think of a ways to balance the game and the best they can do is global cooldowns. I think if this patch bombs df is done.

  3. #348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dog View Post
    I was just goin' to say that would be at the bottom of most people's lists.

    As for your observations on magic, I think you're spot on there. However, while listening to your customer base is important you still need to present them with a definitive vision of what you see your product being and I just don't feel that's being presented or even formulated.

    *shrugs* Maybe I'm missing the bigger picture but it all just seems so random and "improvements" seem to be a quick knee-jerk reaction to the latest QQ thread.
    Yeah I agree with that. Its hard to tell sometimes who they want to play DF. The amount of grind that was in the game suggested they wanted level grinders who will grind for any little advantage they can get. But you have full loot and FFA pvp, which appeals to a completely different type of player. They have what could be an immersive game, with realistic elements that could appeal to role players, but its not really up to scratch atm for that type of player. Games like these need a mix of player types to succeed. PK's need "grinders", "carebears", roleplayers etc to give them targets in the world. PVPers need lowish grind so they feel its skill based. Role players need strong lore elements, racial differences, immersive elements like wildlife and clothing etc.

    They're trying to appeal to all these play styles, but haven't managed to appeal to any properly yet. I think they're going in the right direction tho, and I think getting all these play types happy is their aim atm. Would be nice to see some devs blogs or more thoughts direct from them about their overall vision for the game now tho.

  4. #349
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    475

    Default

    The shared cooldown sounds good tbh, and I have 100 fire, 100 earth, 100 GM, 80 WC, 60 Spellchanting.

    The only thing that concerns me is the racial bonus thing.. remove that imo. (I'm an Elf, so if you give us +bow dmg it's OK :P )


    Political Map: df.urme.com


  5. #350
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melipone View Post
    ...They're trying to appeal to all these play styles, but haven't managed to appeal to any properly yet...
    That's the crux of the issue right there and goes back to what I mentioned about their vision.

    Given time it's possible that they can get to that point (see Eve Online) but this community (well, the 'normal' folk here anyway) need to see that Aventurine does indeed have a gameplan that is not just sound but plausable as well.

    I could go on but I promised I wouldn't throw a wall of text up again for a while.
    I don't give a fuck what you think...you're wrong and you're an idiot, that's all I need to know.

    EDIT: I pay AV $15.00 a month to get "We'll try to have this next week, after the patch we're working on getting out. We apologize for the postponement."...I think that actually makes me the idiot.

  6. #351
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urme the Legend View Post
    The only thing that concerns me is the racial bonus thing.. remove that imo. (I'm an Elf, so if you give us +bow dmg it's OK :P )
    +Bow DMG Elf Mage-Killing Archers Vs. now gimped AoE cycling mages... ouch man, just ouch!


    Not that I have a problem with that, put us mages in our place!


    Personally I won't be choosing a specialization into any field, and remain a jack of all trades, master of none.
    ~President Shinra, SupremeGeneral of:

  7. #352
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melipone View Post
    yeah i agree with that. Its hard to tell sometimes who they want to play df. The amount of grind that was in the game suggested they wanted level grinders who will grind for any little advantage they can get. But you have full loot and ffa pvp, which appeals to a completely different type of player. They have what could be an immersive game, with realistic elements that could appeal to role players, but its not really up to scratch atm for that type of player. Games like these need a mix of player types to succeed. Pk's need "grinders", "carebears", roleplayers etc to give them targets in the world. Pvpers need lowish grind so they feel its skill based. Role players need strong lore elements, racial differences, immersive elements like wildlife and clothing etc.

    They're trying to appeal to all these play styles, but haven't managed to appeal to any properly yet. I think they're going in the right direction tho, and i think getting all these play types happy is their aim atm. Would be nice to see some devs blogs or more thoughts direct from them about their overall vision for the game now tho.
    ^^this^^

  8. #353
    25,000+ xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    32,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melipone View Post
    Yeah I agree with that. Its hard to tell sometimes who they want to play DF. The amount of grind that was in the game suggested they wanted level grinders who will grind for any little advantage they can get. But you have full loot and FFA pvp, which appeals to a completely different type of player. They have what could be an immersive game, with realistic elements that could appeal to role players, but its not really up to scratch atm for that type of player. Games like these need a mix of player types to succeed. PK's need "grinders", "carebears", roleplayers etc to give them targets in the world. PVPers need lowish grind so they feel its skill based. Role players need strong lore elements, racial differences, immersive elements like wildlife and clothing etc.

    They're trying to appeal to all these play styles, but haven't managed to appeal to any properly yet. I think they're going in the right direction tho, and I think getting all these play types happy is their aim atm. Would be nice to see some devs blogs or more thoughts direct from them about their overall vision for the game now tho.
    Something I'll actually agree with you on. I think they knew where they wanted their game to go, but ran into some sort of brick wall and most likely used grind as a stop safe. I mean, all these changes are what they intended to be in the game at launch prior to the announcement on beta, but had to be pulled for whatever reason.

    The one thing I don't agree on is Dev blogs. They are nice and all, but with a team of this size, they need to just program and let their forum staff tell us these things for now, until they free up a dev to be the lead developer who doesn't have to actually code. Once thats accomplished, then I'd like to see it.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread


    Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

  9. #354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adûn_East View Post
    Your qqs about the devs finally nerfing the ability to chain cycle spam aoes (something at least 4 months too late) really warms my heart. Now the "pros" like Vexrak here can finally "move on" from the game because it's no longer "hardcore" enough. lol.
    I hope the "hardcore" players leave. I allways hated how they wanted easymode and felt entitled to ownage by doing repetative things.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

  10. #355
    25,000+ xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    32,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJT View Post
    Why wouldn't you just walk away, rest, then come back?

    I have to do that when using archery or melee to farm mobs unless I want to use mana-to-stamina and stamina-to-health constantly.
    Because mobs despawn pretty quickly if you aren't hitting them.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread


    Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

  11. #356
    1000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dark basement
    Posts
    1,107

    Default ...

    I have the ability to cycle through 5 AoE's and 6 Nukes and I approve this patch.

    Why? Because I also have GM Mastery in two handed weapons and bows.

    I will adapt.

    PS: Can't wait to wear real armor again
    You all will be buried alive, tears of agony streaming down your whiny faces while dirt is mixing with air in your lights, and no sign of how you lived and died will remain on Agon.

    `'*-.Death becomes thee.-*'

  12. #357
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    447

    Default

    I love how people come onto the forums, cry and try to sound smart about it.

  13. #358
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    pretty sure the "global cooldown" is on the big AOEs only... so switch to a missle of some sort? i approve of this and saw it coming a mile away but also think they should rework mana a big as well (they also never said how long of a cd)

    why should archery be nerfed? its already harder to aim because its a small missle that has gravity affecting it. also i dont think i have ever been hit by an arrow as hard as from a spell. in addition to that armor generally negates more arrow dmg then spell dmg.

    heavier armors should protect against magic better then lighter armor because
    A) heavy armor means the person is probably not casting thus must try and close the gap between where they are and the caster or attempt to hit them with arrows
    B) cost a shit ton more to make then the lighter armor, so while you spend more money on regs melee spend more on armor.

    i think the changes to armor is fine. also considering most who want to use heavy armor will take the mage killer ability and will not be able to buff themselves with the better buffs.

    racials - i was expecting. and i think they are fine as long as they dont over do them. just because orcs do better melee dmg does not mean its game breaking. it may just be a point or 2. which if a human has food going will more or less be negated anyways and now they have to worry less about remembering to refresh their food

    the only thing i hope is if they give wolves 4legged run make them take more damage or else they will just play hit and run all day which is hard to do with a mount since it can die easily

    again i like this.

  14. #359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZtyX View Post
    Nice article.. But, jeez.. Why are u gimping humans with such a fucking terrible bonus?

    I'd much rather be an orc.. now I get this dumb bonus for food. Wth? Orks already do more dmg, they have more strg when they start out.




    WHAT?

    Global cooldown?... Oh come on.. What a shit idea. Fuck this... I just leveled so many spells and now you are making them cooldown. Fuck you too. What a load of bullshit... I was just getting happy that I'm finally reaching a level where I can play against other mages toe to toe.

    I hate newbies who cry about balance and suggest these stupid things.
    It screws over people who actually work for their characters and try to get what works.

    Now I finally have what it takes and you are nerfing me... Is it hard to understand that some people in this game want to be the best and kill others more easily? Why is it that every time this becomes possible for a guy there is a change to make him weak again. Weak like the people who dont work as hard and dont have the same ambitions?

    First you take my mounts away and now you take my magic away.
    This is stupid.. I disagree. I protest! Bad expansion!


    And then there is another point.. You gave us easy EXP. You told us. Here, go level magic now. .. So we spend a fucking month leveling it like crazy to compete with others. And now our work is basically worthless.

    Why weren't we notified that you were going to make global cooldowns? Had we known we wouldn't have fucking trained so hard and waste all that money. I wasted my savings from months of playing to get good...

    Am I going to get that money back now that archery is going to be just as strong as magic? Am I?

    How is it fair that magic costs so much to skill up AND utilize and then you nerf it and make all that money wasted. .. Well, you should have made regs cost 0.5g then since arrows cost 1g and most spells take 2 regs.

    Not to mention that arrows shoot faster and are much easier to train with than spells. .. Im appalled with this global cooldown SHIT.

    hahaha ...
    if you want to play a FPS I can recommend other games ....



    Congratulations to AV. Excellent work.
    I know many players who will come back just for this change.

  15. #360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZtyX View Post
    Nice article.. But, jeez.. Why are u gimping humans with such a fucking terrible bonus?

    I'd much rather be an orc.. now I get this dumb bonus for food. Wth? Orks already do more dmg, they have more strg when they start out.




    WHAT?

    Global cooldown?... Oh come on.. What a shit idea. Fuck this... I just leveled so many spells and now you are making them cooldown. Fuck you too. What a load of bullshit... I was just getting happy that I'm finally reaching a level where I can play against other mages toe to toe.

    I hate newbies who cry about balance and suggest these stupid things.
    It screws over people who actually work for their characters and try to get what works.

    Now I finally have what it takes and you are nerfing me... Is it hard to understand that some people in this game want to be the best and kill others more easily? Why is it that every time this becomes possible for a guy there is a change to make him weak again. Weak like the people who dont work as hard and dont have the same ambitions?

    First you take my mounts away and now you take my magic away.
    This is stupid.. I disagree. I protest! Bad expansion!


    And then there is another point.. You gave us easy EXP. You told us. Here, go level magic now. .. So we spend a fucking month leveling it like crazy to compete with others. And now our work is basically worthless.

    Why weren't we notified that you were going to make global cooldowns? Had we known we wouldn't have fucking trained so hard and waste all that money. I wasted my savings from months of playing to get good...

    Am I going to get that money back now that archery is going to be just as strong as magic? Am I?

    How is it fair that magic costs so much to skill up AND utilize and then you nerf it and make all that money wasted. .. Well, you should have made regs cost 0.5g then since arrows cost 1g and most spells take 2 regs.

    Not to mention that arrows shoot faster and are much easier to train with than spells. .. Im appalled with this global cooldown SHIT.
    Agreed. Though I am tired of noobs cycling nukes and looking good I do think global cool downs is not the answer. People will just pick the best of each type of spell.

    Mages will be: Cursed Bolt + Virtuous Wrath + Volcano.

    Getting all archery skills to 100 is WAYYYYYYYY less in gold than getting even 100 school to 100.
    wat
    skreww L00se - Zealot / Black Shields
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    How can anyone beat the zerg you guys are rolling around with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    Have fun nut cupping 100+ players.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •