Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast
    Normal User

I hope it compares to shooting deer in Oblivion.
    :: Elric Atrophy ::

The Ugly truth of ForumFall - Credit: www.xkcd.com

Yes!! Nice way to enlive the open world! more & better PvE = more pvp . I suggest more & better mines / trees ... in the open world then the ones u find next to a city or tower!
    http://www.ownsun-media.de/fairtrade/ft_kozzion.png
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine'
    - Abraham Lincoln -

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    What do you think about this potential boost for Darkfall's immersion?
    The world will feel less empty for sure.. I miss those roaming animals

Normal User

Just finish with whole mobs on server(Drop/hp/skin).Then add this one.

5000+

Thanks for the update.
    A little feedback I Already said that in an other thread once:

I would love roaming mobs of the aggressive kind, that are a challenge to fight as a group.
    I believe the implementation of nonagressive mobs is a step in the right direction, might help to farm leather or food, but it can only be the first step of several to come.

Normal User

Once again is this going to be added this patch or the next, should we expect an answer to our questions regarding this thread. (edited as my deleted post wasnt aparently on topic enough)

Normal User EU1 Player

Nice!!

Normal User

Awesome! This is something I've wanted since beta... that and player-owned merchants... jesus DF is getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    We had the opportunity to talk to the AI Brains behind Darkfall who kindly gave us some interesting information about what they are currently working on.

One of the complaints of the community when it comes to “fluff” was (and is) that the world feels empty when it comes to wildlife. Monsters are mostly roaming around their own area and/or points of interest.

Therefore we are quite excited to be allowed to share this new bit of information with you:

The AI team is currently working on wildlife additions. This new type of AI will be roaming throughout the world and react quite differently then their aggressive counterparts. We have also been told that those will be quite numerous and spread in much bigger radius and areas not limited by any artificial camp range.
    The idea behind these new type of AI is of course to add to the immersion while the same time creating new ways of gathering resources. We have also been assured that they are specifically being careful to not add to the server load with these new type of additions as they are well aware that performance during sieges is always a top priority.

What do you think about this potential boost for Darkfall's immersion?
    How about you say they are adding new shit in the world instead of new AI? cause I'm sure everything will still run around like a chicken with its head cut off most of the time. The brains behind the AI? My bong has created better AI.... sheiittttt.

A few "neutral" spawn would be nice aswel, just spawning NPCs that work like mobbs, but don't act hostile towards players, just to give immersion, could be in places like castles or the likes.

They have the same walk patterns mobbs has, they walk alone or in groups, they don't actually have to do anything for starters, but inhabiting the castles and other random areas that people now just see as empty wouldn't be to bad.

Allot of addons can be done as time passes to those, but to begin with, just player friendly mobbs that allow you to enter their area and it looks inhabited.

1000+ Long term follower

Cowtipping would be a very nice feature.
    Also deer hats, with antlers.

Normal User

Great news!

Implementation will of course determine how it turns out but sounds great! I would love to see other creatures like deer that run away as soon as they see you (and you can try to creep up on them), ya know -- hunting, and not killing weak mobs that don't have an AI leash

What would be even cooler... If the whole world was dynamic in terms of wildlife. In other words if players farm a lot of deer in one area wolves may begin to start moving to other areas looking for food and so on and so forth. (This was in UO's original play book but of course never panned out).

good 2 know maybe they have those wolfs that can smell u from down wind at somepoint that they mentioned awhile back

Normal User

definitely something to look forward, i was missing some wildlife and hope it will make the gameworld more immersive than now.

Now if you also manage to balance the game there is still hope

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Early Grace View Post
    How about you say they are adding new shit in the world instead of new AI? cause I'm sure everything will still run around like a chicken with its head cut off most of the time. The brains behind the AI? My bong has created better AI.... sheiittttt.
    I'd be willing to bet that in early beta a goblin would have took you 1v1.