Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drefarion View Post
    New chat system.

Really.

Make public chat appear as chat bubbles that are only visible to the persons right next to you or so.

Everyone is using vent anyway, so this won't damage pvp at all.
    Agreed 100%.

I actually love RP, but the problem is that I can only have 1 char on each account really. So I choose a PvP guild over RP, but my second char would be an RP , no doubt about it.
    Vordus Shadowlord, creation of evil and darkness of the Alfar land

Hythero Toughleaf, protector of the Mirdain forest

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Answer View Post
    Floating text above your head. I've made a suggestion about this before.

-Public chat box text could appear above your head for anyone in the near area to see.

-Party/Clan chat box text could appear above your head in a different color for the respective people to see.

Naturally there would be an option to turn them on/off in the options menu for those who don't want to be bothered by it while in towns, etc. They could still read the chat boxes just as we do now.

---------

Without going into too much detail I will say that this will do WONDERS for roleplaying, politics and just communication in general. How many times have you killed a guy only to have him contact you moments later and you realize "Hey, he was pretty cool.. I probably wouldn't have killed him had there been a convenient way to talk before we fought."

I've even had people beg in public chat pleading for their life as we chased them down, but in the heat of combat you aren't really paying attention to a glowing chat header.

I think public meeting places like all of the city taverns and halls would become populated if people had a way to communicate with each other instead of everything acting like a deaf/mute in game. Wouldn't that be awesome if you actually strolled up to the bar and saw a bunch of guys talking about what dungeon they were going to, and then you could set up an ambush or even offer your services as protection -- it'd be awesome and promote activity.

Some of us who play would like to give other players details on why we're going to kill them, or offer them an "out" if they want us to spare their lives. It would make the game experience 10 times better than the current free-for-all kill first, ask questions later style we have currently.

Please, please, please add floating text to this game. There's no real reason against it. The developers said it wasn't put in because it'd ruin the immersion of sneaking around in the environment. IF YOU'RE SNEAKING THEN WHY WOULD YOU BE TALKING. Also, in my defense, air guitar does wonders for immersion.
    THIS^ THIS^ and for heavens sake THIS^
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.theharlequin.com.au target=_blank><a href=http://www.theharlequin.com.au/sigs/Wade.gif target=_blank>http://www.theharlequin.com.au/sigs/Wade.gif</a></a></div>

1000+

I think DF needs:

- Local chat that has a shorter radius than public chat.
    - Floating text above you when you talk in local chat (chat bubbles, without the bubble. Like in UO.)
    - More ways to customize your appearance. Capes, sashes, kilts, whatever.
    - Clan logos and tabards.
    - Something to be done about ARAC clans. As things are nobody has any incentive to follow the lore.
    - Something to be done to make life as "red" a lot harder.

edit:
    - Being able to loot the heads from players after a decapitation.
    - Quiver should appear on your back when you have arrows in the arrow slot.
    - Customizable clan rank system.
    - The maker should be able to name ships and warhulks.
    - You should be able to sit down on chairs.
    Last edited by Sayton; 10-10-2009 at 03:28.

2000+

Roleplaying has a few different definitions. Everyone takes on some kind of role when they play Darkfall, so we are all roleplayers really. Then you have those people who will go above and beyond in order to act out a very specific role and create an online persona completely different from their own. That is literally just acting, which gets old and is normally very lame and transparent. Those kind of roleplayers really don't have a place in Darkfall and I can't help but scoff at them for being retarded.

On the other hand, if the game is not immersive or beleivable enough then it feels like just a bunch of guys playing an online game, and thats no fun either. Right now to be honest Darkfall feels a little like this. There is a lot that could be done to give the game world a lot more flavor and be more immersive. The very first thing I suggested when I started playing beta was chat bubbles and it has been suggested here several times already. Entering a city full of players feels like walking into a mute's convention. The chat windows are seperate from the game screen so you don't automatically make a mental connection between the words someone says in puplic or PM and their character on screen. Making that connection is important and its something that older games like UO still have over Darkfall. Ventrilo obviously trumps ingame chat, but that only works for close friends and people in your own clan or alliance. The only way to foster a good ingame community is with a solid communication system.

Normal User

events would be cool, could be linked with pvp some kind of tournament etc, i agree with everyone saying chat bubbles, also i think taverns would be good in this game, could have all weapons unsheathed in their except fists!

1000+

If they are gona put chat bubles in, it has to have an option to close it =)

Fade toBlack - Vamp

must agree that lore is killed by arac clans and that something must be done to promote race wars and arac clans to have some penaltys. quick idea.

every clan must poclaim self as

1. orc /mahrim
    2. dwarf/human/elf
    3. alfar

so if clan is orc/mahrim and they wanna take alfar as clan memeber for his racial abilityes or good skill what ever every clan memeber takes -1 int from main stats. if they want 2 alfars its -2 int. alfar takes -5 or 10 str joining non race clan as orc/mahrim at start. If its dwarf joining than dex is the skill we play whit depends on what type of clan he joins he takes panaltys ( like int for alfars)

DF1 clan history:hellbourne,the republic of silver sun,deviance,brothers n sisters,argonauts,nocry

There should also be more NPC's besides the trainers wandering around in cities and the wilderness. City guards rather than the guard towers. More neutral or Chaos cities dotted around too that aren't just in the starting areas would help move the population around and maybe stop people just camping in their player city, or give people are reason not to be red.

Also think the gameworld could be shrunk quite a bit in order to get people closer together. I want to see plenty of players when I play online games when I wander around, and not just my clan mates or allies bound nearby

Normal User

-Dyes, this would work great for rp and for general purposes.
    -Cloaks, Capes, you know the rest
    -Chat Bubbles, alot of good points above.

Also if there would be a ARAC penalty I'd like to suggest a race change option, As I see it now 90% of all the RP guilds(at least the good ones it seems) are Human,Dwarf,Elf and me being a Mahirim and all don't think they would see fit to let me in to there social club. In general thou in the future with Racial ability's, a race change option might be nice considering alot of people chose Mahirim for the Four legged run.

Just to add to that "shrinking the world" bit, there could be an event that starts a story, like a volcano erupts or theres an earthquake or some ancient god comes and destroys half the world..as the population grows there could be events to restore the world size

1000+

Above all else, overhead text while you speak in public chat.

IGN: Kor Phaeron (EU)

Normal User

Yes for roleplay, stop the trend that all Clan/Allys ARRAC, change chatsystem > chat bubbles are fine

MfG Jyrkoon

Normal User US1 Player

ARACs are the number limit to role play. It's an easy fix, as others have said a million times. Make the members of ARACs perma red/gray. You also need an advantage to being in a racial clan. Add a simple guild buff to people that meet the lore requirements. Lastly, put a magic rock in everyone's bank that can change their race (one time use), so everyone can have a clan vote then be the proper race with out losing their current guild/friends.

How about being able to set what races/guilds/alignments can't use your vendors and banks?

Normal User

- Clothing / Armor Dyes
    - More Clothes (capes, hats, tabards, dresses, skirts, glasses)
    - Player Vendors
    - Merchant / Crafting specializations
    - Revised chat system
    - More emotes!!
    - Benefits of ARAC clans
    - Racial Abilities
    - Game Fluff (wilderness, alcohol, board games, sit/lie down, camping)
    - Add more "treasures" to the game to promote exploration. More use of this amazing map you have all created!

Also the one good part of LOTRO were the musical instruments. I would LOVE to see a system in place that tops them. If we could somehow have instruments that could actually be used to create music or apply .midi tracks to them it would be so cool. Imagine having 30 guys marching to a siege playing battle songs haha.
    :: Elric Atrophy ::

The Ugly truth of ForumFall - Credit: www.xkcd.com

1000+

ability to change ure race that way we can get away from the arac clan thingy =) "changing race would cost u 500 gold"

chat bubbles with an option to turn them off dont rlly wanna get spammed with chat stuff during sieges/pvp

more emotions! =) i love stuff like /air_guitar and /taunt_04 :P

and maybe DYE's to our armors id love to see a huge army fully collored in RED or BLUE =)

flags that we can carry around
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)