Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default Forumfall is dying.

    I was able to post in all the threads on the 1st page before someone else posted in 1 of them. Back in the day, you wouldn't even have to wait 5 seconds for someone to reply to you in a thread you were posting.

    http://i33.tinypic.com/2ms2b1c.jpg

    I would've posted that sooner, but I had to do a shit and then come back to post this thread.
    Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 66.67%, Socializer 33.33%
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffington View Post
    A perfect metaphor for Forumfall. We are all a dog wearing a birthday hat with a cupcake calling it a muffin..

  2. #2
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Forumfall is dying.
    Not necessarily a bad thing.
    Deus Factus Sum.

  3. #3
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    And in each post you contributed nothing, thus further diluting the quality of posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  4. #4
    2000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    I heard Forumfall died when I joined. Then I heard Forumfall died in 08. Now I'm hearing it in 09. Nearing 2010, when the hell will Forumfall die?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

  5. #5
    1000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    PHILLY
    Posts
    1,552

    Default


    Forumfall is dying
    Okay? What's your point?

  6. #6
    1000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    secret hermit hut
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzacharu View Post
    I heard Forumfall died when I joined. Then I heard Forumfall died in 08. Now I'm hearing it in 09. Nearing 2010, when the hell will Forumfall die?
    We can keep saying its dead, but it won't truly die until all of us leave. It just gets more and more boring as more of us leave. Itll happen eventually.
    Bow Before the Crazy Hermit!!!!!!!!
    Rest in peace Joke Thread
    09-27-2008-11-30-2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    April 27, 2009: After Forumfall mods go crazy OT dies a slow and painful death.
    Never forget those who gave their lives for OT.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    453

    Default

    You know what never gets old? Post like these. These are truly interesting and constructive.

  8. #8
    2000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada, Quebec
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tzacharu View Post
    when the hell will forumfall die?
    2012

  9. #9
    4000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,229

    Default

    People did this shit back in forumfall's prime. Nothing new, and it indicates jack shit.

  10. #10
    IRC Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,698

    Default

    Forumfall died in August 08 when that promotional video hit the site.

    Most sensible people have long since abandoned the forums as the 08er and 09ers and former vaportrolls drove people insane. Also, less people on the forums when there is a game to play.




    Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    Forumfall died in August 08 when that promotional video hit the site.

    Most sensible people have long since abandoned the forums as the 08er and 09ers and former vaportrolls drove people insane. Also, less people on the forums when there is a game to play.
    Too be honest I don't think the 10 people still playing DF would make much of a difference here.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    Also, less people on the games forums when everyone sensible left the game.
    Finished bluff correction maintenance.

  13. #13
    2000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    Forumfall died in August 08 when that promotional video hit the site.

    Most sensible people have long since abandoned the forums as the 08er and 09ers and former vaportrolls drove people insane. Also, less people on the forums when there is a game to play.
    Gonna have to agree with this. The influx of newcomers killed what was left with Forumfall as I knew it. The number registered tripled in like a three month span right after it hit, but the number of noobs increased exponentially.
    Last edited by Tzacharu; 10-06-2009 at 06:07.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •