Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 40495051 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 770
  1. #736
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draxous View Post
    How do you know people aren't just playing less? The game was new and I know of many who spent the first weeks/months playing ALL the time... but once RL caught back up with them... yeah.

    You have no clue what the state of subscriptions in this game are. Your use of this assinine assumption in your argument is ridiculously weak.
    ty.
    .

  2. #737
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Swindon, UK
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draxous View Post
    What I don't get is how pro-cappers claim they want this or that because that's what they believe a skill cap will give them and then when an anti-capper explains how this game is heading in a direction that is giving them what they claim they want... without a skill cap...
    What I wanted was a fine grained specialisation system, where I can pick and choose my own strengths and weaknesses, be that a little nudge in this direction at the cost of a minor dent in another area or be that to totally focus in one area at the expense at everything else.
    This system does not give me that flexibility, its saying here is our vision of what a mage is, or an archer, like it or lump it.

  3. #738
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draxous View Post
    How do you know people aren't just playing less? The game was new and I know of many who spent the first weeks/months playing ALL the time... but once RL caught back up with them... yeah.

    You have no clue what the state of subscriptions in this game are. Your use of this assinine assumption in your argument is ridiculously weak.
    That is rathar naive of you. DDi started out with around 30 very active members, we are below half of that with active subscriptions. Please dont tell me we're the only case?

  4. #739
    7000+ Kasmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganda View Post
    That is rathar naive of you. DDi started out with around 30 very active members, we are below half of that with active subscriptions. Please dont tell me we're the only case?
    You're not, my whole clan disbanded and left for other games. I'm one of the few left

  5. #740
    7000+ Kasmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draxous View Post
    What I don't get is how pro-cappers claim they want this or that because that's what they believe a skill cap will give them and then when an anti-capper explains how this game is heading in a direction that is giving them what they claim they want... without a skill cap...
    And I, along with others, have explained how this system is NOT giving us what we want: diversity.

    Oooohhhh..... you can get a bonus damage to mages and can now shoot underwater at the cost of a measly few percents of mana! YAY! DIVERSITYYYY!

    We're all DFO players. Anti-cappers keep coming to the table with compromises and suggestions to give both camps what they claim they want. Pro-cappers need not be pissed off that they painted themselves into a corner... we really want to be fair here... so I have no idea why so many are STILL bitching "no fair" because AV didn't cave into a few peoples whimsical wishes.

    Done.
    EVERY POLL that has been created regarding skill caps has... guess who... pro skill cappers winning by a LOT.

    Now tell me, is it because pro skill cappers have 100 accounts that we created just to "beat you"? Or can you not accept the fact that a MAJORITY of Darkfall players wanted a skill cap?

    Really, you seriously think it's just a "few peoples whimsical wishes"? You sir, are seriously naive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tren
    What I wanted was a fine grained specialisation system, where I can pick and choose my own strengths and weaknesses, be that a little nudge in this direction at the cost of a minor dent in another area or be that to totally focus in one area at the expense at everything else.
    This system does not give me that flexibility, its saying here is our vision of what a mage is, or an archer, like it or lump it.
    Fucking EXACTLY. A well implemented skill cap allows the player the freedom to create his toon anyway he wants. He can put a little work into archery, a lot of work into two handed swords, and no work into magic if he wants, or he can go full magic and not even touch melee or archery.

    With the way it is now, everyone is grinding all skills (especially the "overpowered ones" - see magic) because, since all skills are available to everyone with no penalty, the "best equipped" PvPers will be the one with the highest stats and highest level skills. This is why so many god damn people feel the need to AFK macro all the time and bloodwall, because they feel like they have to play constant "catch up" to those with so many skills.

    This system merely gives you "options" to create generic classes the way Aventurine sees fit, NOT the way you see fit. That's the difference.

  6. #741
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganda View Post
    That is rathar naive of you. DDi started out with around 30 very active members, we are below half of that with active subscriptions. Please dont tell me we're the only case?
    Well, not trying to say that Agon is overpopulated, but - there are some new clans formed, so DDi members count isn't indicator.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasmos View Post
    Oooohhhh..... you can get a bonus damage to mages and can now shoot underwater at the cost of a measly few percents of mana! YAY! DIVERSITYYYY!
    Guys ... you've got three fucking QUICK EXAMPLES! That's not patch notes, that's not game design document, that's just A LITTLE BIT of info.

    Will you ever stop basing your arguments on bit of info like it's complite design plan?

  7. #742
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default

    its a shame devs dont open their eyes to the skill cap idea.. me + a lot of others left darkfall a couple of months ago and said wed return once skillcap was introduced. We hoped past 2 patches would do that but it didnt, so we never and will never come back until its put in. Im sure a lot of other people think the same way and would return.

    Fact: a skillcap would appeal to new players and double the playerbase.

  8. #743
    1000+ US1 Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Top of the Hill
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasmos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Draxous View Post
    What I don't get is how pro-cappers claim they want this or that because that's what they believe a skill cap will give them and then when an anti-capper explains how this game is heading in a direction that is giving them what they claim they want... without a skill cap...

    Yeah.

    This whole discussion has reached the realm of stupid.
    And I, along with others, have explained how this system is NOT giving us what we want: diversity.

    Oooohhhh..... you can get a bonus damage to mages and can now shoot underwater at the cost of a measly few percents of mana! YAY! DIVERSITYYYY!
    I bolded the part your childish, "gimme, gimme now" mentality towards this, somehow is completely unable to comprehend.

    This game is damn near brand spanking new. It's not finished. It's being constantly worked on, added to and updated.

    OF COURSE the system now isn't delivering what we want. This is the whole reason why we've been having these discussion in the first place...

    No one's discrediting your concerns, what we've discredited is your method of addressing those concerns.


  9. #744
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Swindon, UK
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draxous View Post
    I bolded the part your childish, "gimme, gimme now" mentality towards this, somehow is completely unable to comprehend.

    This game is damn near brand spanking new. It's not finished. It's being constantly worked on, added to and updated.

    OF COURSE the system now isn't delivering what we want. This is the whole reason why we've been having these discussion in the first place...

    No one's discrediting your concerns, what we've discredited is your method of addressing those concerns.


    But this isn’t a case of we just haven’t got there get it’s a case of we turned left when we should have gone right.

    I don’t see a path from where they are taking us to where I would like to be.

  10. #745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tren View Post
    But this isn’t a case of we just haven’t got there get it’s a case of we turned left when we should have gone right.

    I don’t see a path from where they are taking us to where I would like to be.
    Why the fuck are you still here?

  11. #746
    1000+ US1 Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Top of the Hill
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Draxous View Post
    How do you know people aren't just playing less? The game was new and I know of many who spent the first weeks/months playing ALL the time... but once RL caught back up with them... yeah.

    You have no clue what the state of subscriptions in this game are. Your use of this assinine assumption in your argument is ridiculously weak.
    That is rathar naive of you. DDi started out with around 30 very active members, we are below half of that with active subscriptions. Please dont tell me we're the only case?
    I have no freaking clue what the state of subscriptions are for this game. So I don't make claims either way regarding them... something you need to try doing.

    My guild, started on EU with a handful of people. When NA was released, our entire guild came out of hybernation to play this game... some spending all day and night playing (cause this game is extremely fun.)

    My guild lately has seen these peoples time spent in game change. We have real lives... we have things we can no longer avoid and of course... all of them are not online every night like they used to be.

    With that said, we've also recruited new people. We're constantly seeing new, smaller clans popping up everywhere. We're seeing clans that had fallen apart... break up, reassemble and disperse into smaller clans or get absorbed into stronger more established ones.

    From my experience... people are playing less, not-not playing anymore. From your experience... it seems this game was not for many of those who you shared a clan with...

    When this game is more polished, those that didn't like dealing with the problems associated with the games systems that were still in development... may enjoy it. They also may realize that this game isn't what they really wanted and considering this game is the opposite of what's out there... what they want, is out there.

    Thanks.

  12. #747
    1000+ US1 Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Top of the Hill
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tren View Post
    But this isn’t a case of we just haven’t got there yet it’s a case of we turned left when we should have gone right.
    Yeah... ok, cupcake.

    FYI... playing devils advocate will only get you so far.

  13. #748
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Swindon, UK
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneWraith View Post
    Why the fuck are you still here?
    Check a few pages back... I am sure that was covered already

  14. #749
    1000+ US1 Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Top of the Hill
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tren View Post
    What I wanted was a fine grained specialisation system, where I can pick and choose my own strengths and weaknesses, be that a little nudge in this direction at the cost of a minor dent in another area or be that to totally focus in one area at the expense at everything else.


    This system does not give me that flexibility.
    Read my last reply to Kasmos... it applies to you too.

  15. #750
    1000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Can anyone close this Thread please ????

    Hard to believe that such a nice thread went into flamefalls worst and longest toilet paper ever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •