Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by McDoogs View Post
    I like the people who talk shit about players like Val and cry because they think the only reason he owns people is because of his magic level. Chin up kids, every, even you, has high enough magic to compete in Darkfall Val just has the player skill and brains to do it well with ~400 ping and you don't.
    60 fire and 60 air is enough to compete against guys who have 2-3 schools maxed? Please, enlighten me as to how I should defeat them with fireball and lightning strike xD

Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    I agree somewhat. I would like to see more clashes of swords and shields vs two groups far apart flinging things at eachother. Balance is always a tricky issue for PvP games, we'll see what happens with the archery and melee love in the expansion. But also do not forget that it was not too long ago that people were begging for magic to be buffed up (despite a very very small number of people having even gotten halfway into their spell trees).
    Yup, I remember that, I thought things were just fine the way they were. I really wish AV hadn't listened to the small minority of complaining players back then, I think things were much more balanced then. Archery was the main form of combat which made PvP take a lot more skill--> therefore making it a lot more fun and competitive. Now it's whoever grinded most wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristos View Post
    60 fire and 60 air is enough to compete against guys who have 2-3 schools maxed? Please, enlighten me as to how I should defeat them with fireball and lightning strike xD
    I do it all the time.

6000+

I had i fight with a guy who have all his magic skills to max it was easy for him he won then later had a fight with him and he had only MM at his disposal i had shield with one handed and i dodge his attacks but i notice his aim was terible with MM lol, when he use his max magic he won most fights now he lost i wonder why:P

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maarmite View Post
    Shadow Bane Alliance / GraveYard , Schooling Darkfall Zergs since release ....

Props as always to Val for his amazing videos .
    So I'm trying to figure out what you consider GY + Invictus + Afghan to be if not a zerg LMAO. You were allied way before the quad siege.

Good videos from Val Roth. I prefer his solo PK videos because you get to see a lot more skill. lol @ his ping.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Maarmite View Post
    Shadow Bane Alliance / GraveYard , Schooling Darkfall Zergs since release ....

Props as always to Val for his amazing videos .
    Don't see how one player's successes translate instantly to an alliance's overall competency level.

Rhade Letalis - Black Shields

Quote Originally Posted by RametepSeb View Post
    As if some1 hasn't told me to kill myself before
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerdave View Post
    The best forum warrior of all time has returned. :ohno:

Good videos from Val Roth. I prefer his solo PK videos because you get to see a lot more skill. lol @ his ping.
    Definitely agree.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir Frauki View Post
    So I'm trying to figure out what you consider GY + Invictus + Afghan to be if not a zerg LMAO. You were allied way before the quad siege.

Go back to roaching citys son , you suck at Forumfall .

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Rhade View Post
    Don't see how one player's successes translate instantly to an alliance's overall competency level.
    How about taking out dusk , cotc , Iron and hello kitty ? .
    Maybe 4 siege vicorys in 1 day against 4 different alliances ? .

What more do you want ?
    Last edited by Maarmite; 09-28-2009 at 23:20.

Normal User Long term follower

@ the melee whiners:

Melee in a large scale siege like that just cuts your side's damage output down as you can only efficiently engage in melee 1 vs 1, and that's not what large scale combat is about. Teaming up on someone while you both melee just ends up causing too much friendly fire and it prevents the heavy artillery behind you from engaging your target - they'll hit you too.

There's a place for melee but it's not so much in a large scale siege.

Also, Val has 400ish ping and melee is difficult as hell at that latency. He still manages to kick ass with it, however. No idea how.

Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    I agree somewhat. I would like to see more clashes of swords and shields vs two groups far apart flinging things at eachother. Balance is always a tricky issue for PvP games, we'll see what happens with the archery and melee love in the expansion. But also do not forget that it was not too long ago that people were begging for magic to be buffed up (despite a very very small number of people having even gotten halfway into their spell trees).
    Yes.. Well.. As far as i'm concerned magic should be utility/support...

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    Yes.. Well.. As far as i'm concerned magic should be utility/support...
    as far as many others are aware it's used for more than utility/support. I've always thought magic as illusions, torture, mind control.

I think Damage fits in quite well as well as crowd control, but they need to balance it.
    <a href=http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg238/Samage89/sinny1c.jpg target=_blank>http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...89/sinny1c.jpg</a>

His beginner movies where awesome. His latest production mirrors the game. Magic spamfest with very little variation. Lets hope the expansion fixes it.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by disillusioned View Post
    @ the melee whiners:

Melee in a large scale siege like that just cuts your side's damage output down as you can only efficiently engage in melee 1 vs 1, and that's not what large scale combat is about. Teaming up on someone while you both melee just ends up causing too much friendly fire and it prevents the heavy artillery behind you from engaging your target - they'll hit you too.

There's a place for melee but it's not so much in a large scale siege.

Also, Val has 400ish ping and melee is difficult as hell at that latency. He still manages to kick ass with it, however. No idea how.
    While I am glad that melee and archery are going to be expanded in some way(because it needs it), I am happy that you mentioned this because noone else really has. I like magic, and I wish the aoe's were a little lighter I am glad it is the main focus of large scale battles. It is just more fun. I remember when magic was nerfed and noone even wanted it. It was not fun, and while the gring is rough, it is a small price to pay imo.

Light up the Darkness

1000+ EU1 Player

Its obvious to anyone thats ever seen a single siege video or been in a fight in-game that currently magic is OP and needs to be balanced to give a more meaningful role to melee and archery. I think we'll see some of this in next patch. Those taking the other side are too much in love with their magic to accept any nerfing.

Just to mention it, I am a magic-slinger. Soon with three decent elemental AoE's. Among other thing one-shotting some mobs with Impale.