Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    12,000+

Default So I am a proud owner of 33k horses. You too btw!

http://5minforecast.agorafinancial.com/

“Out in the plains of Wyoming, you own a very large horse operation,” reports our currency man Bill Jenkins, keeping with the theme. “Let me tell you all about it…

“The Bureau of Land Management, in its infinite wisdom, looked at a herd of wild mustangs and decided that they could no longer fend for themselves or find their own food. That perhaps the food was scarcer than it had been, and this could lead to detrimental results for the horses.

“And so, employing pickup trucks and helicopters (we’ve come a long way from the Ponderosa), they rounded up these majestic beasts into a huge pen. And when I say huge, I mean the government has currently collected 33,000 horses. Again, in its infinite wisdom, it has provided birth equine control (at no cost to the horses). In addition, it is doing DNA testing to identify the horses individually. (Again, at no cost to the horses.)

“They are housed and fed at a cost so far this year of $35 million. That’s right -- 35 MILLION dollars, paid by you. But you can go adopt one if you like. You’ve paid for it. All you have to do is get there; I guess you could ride your horse home.”

Heh, the BLM just announced today the last adoption event. On Sept. 26, it’ll auction off 57 Pryor Mountain horses. Bidding starts at $125 a pop.
    I hope no environmentalist here would defend such a deplorable action. This really touched me. These fucks just misplaced a wild herd, and are selling them for domestication. Not only does that fuck with the the ecosystem, I bet many of these horses will end up as dog food .
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    http://5minforecast.agorafinancial.com/
    I bet many of these horses will end up as dog food .
    and I'll bet they'll be delicious.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

I killed your mother.

12,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    and I'll bet they'll be delicious.
    You never ate horse? You missed out my friend. I suggest you take a detour sometime to a farm.

You should try reading stuff laced with less ideology. The only "pen" these horses are in are the united states. The 33,000 horses are spread across ten states.
    Last edited by PirateGlen; 09-18-2009 at 04:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

You never ate horse? You missed out my friend. I suggest you take a detour sometime to a farm.
    I have eaten horse, ostrich, caribou, orca, and buffalo, among many other animals.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 09-18-2009 at 04:49.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

12,000+

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    You should try reading stuff laced with less ideology. The only "pen" these horses are in are the united states. The 33,000 horses are spread across ten states.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Ama...6261967&page=1
    A report issued last week by the Government Accountability Office, the investigative arm of Congress, said the BLM needs to consider euthanizing horses or selling them to reduce spiraling costs of keeping them in long-term holding pens.
    But what does the GAO know huh?

One Accord Clan Leader

Well, considering you spent the first half talking about how stupid the goverment is. Do you really want to use the goverment to defend yourself now too?
    4000+ posters are not paid employees of Aventurine.
    In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Public relations director of Brannoc's fan club.

12,000+

Quote Originally Posted by ejnomad07 View Post
    Well, considering you spent the first half talking about how stupid the goverment is. Do you really want to use the goverment to defend yourself now too?
    I want them to stop rounding up the horses and selling them off or killing them off. That is all.

Normal User Long term follower

I have eaten horse, ostrich, caribou, orca, and buffalo, among many other animals.
    No crocodile??? amatuer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreatch View Post
    I've been here, your lounging on MY couch wierdo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamiosa View Post
    You are both stupid and should be butt-slapped by penguins.

What did that GAO say that contradicted me? You should've linked this originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    No, the pen is so big it covers 10 states.
    Also, cancer.

2000+

I'd like to try more things, but it's not that easy to diversify in rural England.

10,000+ Long term follower

Save the smelts!!

Kill the mustangs!!

Some of you appear to worship gov't. You leap to defend everything they do. It's so arbitrary....

When I go to belgium we eat something that has horse meat in it, yum.