Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Default Do any other gun supporters feel this way?

Honestly, I'm a fairly big gun supporter, and I firmly believe that not only should Americans have guns, but they should have more guns.

However, doesn't anyone else believe that it's inappropriate to bring your guns solely as a political statement into close proximity with the president? Honestly, I see this as no different than trying to bring a loaded weapon into court, or into schools, for no other reason than to attract attention or intimidate.

My gun protects my life, and my liberty. It's not a fashion symbol, it's not a political statement, and it's not an item of pride. Anyone that caries a fucking assault rifle to a debate has no intention on using it, let alone using it for what it is intended, and, quite frankly, brings shame on us all.

There's a difference between your rights, and what's right.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 08-20-2009 at 01:22.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

10,000+ Long term follower

No. None of our rights should be abridged for any reason.

How is bringing a gun "wrong"? Morally? Ethically? Logically?.............
    Last edited by StainlessSteelRat; 08-20-2009 at 01:42.

You fucking libertarians started this, now deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrin
    The hyped abomination has been slain by the hand of the righteous—let it rot in the pit of death and decay that it has prepared for itself.
    Official Human Advocate

I'm 1.000 in World Wars...

Quote Originally Posted by Honorius View Post
    now deal with it.
    And that's precisely what I'm doing. Thanks.

Enchanting Information

-Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    No. None of our rights should be abridged for any reason.

How is bringing a gun "wrong"? Morally? Ethically? Logically?.............
    Even though you put the word wrong in quotes, while it was used no where in my post - the obvious answer to your question is logically. If you don't plan to use your gun, you shouldn't have it with you. Any rational gun supporter and patriot can tell you this. Take some time to actually read my post from start to finish if you want to understand why I say this.

Put simply, if I have my gun with me, it's not to intimidate, and it's not to sensationalize. It's to kill. And, quite obviously, it's non-thinkers, who cry about their "right", who don't understand why they have that right to begin with, and what that right is for.

Our founding fathers would be ashamed.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 08-20-2009 at 02:20.

Enchanting Information

-Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :

2000+

Imo i think it was definatly in poor taste but nothing id get too upset about
    Last edited by Sharuk; 08-20-2009 at 02:17.
    NorseFire, Coming to a Country Near You
    Quote Originally Posted by GFH_Spike View Post
    I had already honed my e-warrior talents prior to Forumfall, so this homoerotic, misanthropic train wreck of mass parental failure touches my heart instead of shriveling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakara View Post
    Obama will be a good president...hes just learning the ropes right now.

2000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    Even though you put the word wrong in quotes, while it was used no where in my post - the obvious answer to your question is logically. If you don't plan to use your gun, you shouldn't have it with you. Any rational gun supporter and patriot can tell you this. Take some time to actually read my post from start to finish if you want to understand why I say this.

Put simply, if I have my gun with me, it's not to intimidate, and it's not to sensationalize. It's to kill. And, quite obviously, it's non-thinkers, who cry about their "right", who don't understand why they have that right to begin with, and what that right is for.

If we lived in a society which didn't act the way towards guns, I would 100% agree with you. However, this case, the man argued the wrong case. If I EVER bring my gun anywhere, it's to protect myself or go to the range. It's not a fashion statement, but at the same time you won't know when you may or may not have to protect yourself. Therefore, he has every right to secure his person.

Just because people flip the fuck out over the gun being there doesn't make it 'logically' wrong. Keep in mind, the president should have nothing to fear from it's citizenry that abides by the law. I would imagine MOST people who attempt anything would conceal their weapon.

I love the kicker "Carrying out in the open." I'll be honest in saying, it's the enemy I don't know that I more fear.
    " ... I fail to see how hoarding away profits under another accounting name like "operating expenses" is somehow supposed to make me feel like Exxon is a mom and pop shop just getting by."
    -Arius Droc

2000+ Long term follower

Just to add a little bit:

I strongly believe we will see legislation to the effect that it will be illegal to carry an unauthorized weapon within X feet in which the president exists.
    " ... I fail to see how hoarding away profits under another accounting name like "operating expenses" is somehow supposed to make me feel like Exxon is a mom and pop shop just getting by."
    -Arius Droc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elemancer View Post
    Just to add a little bit:

I strongly believe we will see legislation to the effect that it will be illegal to carry an unauthorized weapon within X feet in which the president exists.
    That would end up wonderfully.
    Headline:
    70 Year old woman tackled and tazed for having a pistol in her purse at a public library the president was visiting

Sources say the woman cried "Don't taze me bro! Don't taze me!"
    Last edited by Villageninja; 08-20-2009 at 02:33.

3000+

Kill the other gun supporters.

The List

Quote Originally Posted by Mippoose View Post
    He dropped the muthafuckin hammer on your head.

Paralda ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Forget about your beta spot! Worry about your spot in Paralda's list!

Banned

I was with you all the way till you said that (bold). You never know when you will be prompted to use your weapon. Always prepare the best you can for any situation. That's my motto. And one of the ways I prepare myself generally is to holster my weapons on my person, safely and securely, should I need to use them for ANY reason. If that offends you... well, no, I'm not sorry because that's your opinion. Now, when we get into assault rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, explosives etc... obviously I can agree with you. Otherwise, I think you're really blowing the issue out of proportion. If someone wants to shoot the president... they'll either succeed or fail but it won't be because guns were allowed into wherever the president is. It's seriously not that hard to smuggle a gun near the president. Actually shooting him with said gun may be a bit harder... depending on who spots you first (say hello to snipers) if anyone at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Villageninja View Post
    I was with you all the way till you said that (bold). You never know when you will be prompted to use your weapon. Always prepare the best you can for any situation.
    Honestly, I completely agree with you here. But, let's face it ; the guys that bring their weapons to show off at these town hall meetings probably aren't prepared to use them, and don't anticipate a need to use them. They have them for the sole purpose of generating sensationalist attention.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 08-20-2009 at 03:48.

Enchanting Information

-Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :

9000+

Put simply, if I have my gun with me, it's not to intimidate, and it's not to sensationalize. It's to kill.
    So you don't take your guns out to the range?
    What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

-Conan

Disclaimer: This post is not a bomb.

However, doesn't anyone else believe that it's inappropriate to bring your guns solely as a political statement into close proximity with the president? Honestly, I see this as no different than trying to bring a loaded weapon into court, or into schools, for no other reason than to attract attention or intimidate.

My gun protects my life, and my liberty. It's not a fashion symbol, it's not a political statement, and it's not an item of pride. Anyone that caries a fucking assault rifle to a debate has no intention on using it, let alone using it for what it is intended, and, quite frankly, brings shame on us all.

There's a difference between your rights, and what's right.
    I believe legally and safely exhibiting firearms in such a political context is an exceptionally effective demonstration of constitutional rights. The reason there is vehement opposition is because it is an effective reminder that the power of the government is limited solely by its citizens, not by the rules that our government changes on a whim for its benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by HiroProtagonist View Post
    I believe legally and safely exhibiting firearms in such a political context is an exceptionally effective demonstration of constitutional rights. The reason there is vehement opposition is because it is an effective reminder that the power of the government is limited solely by its citizens, not by the rules that our government changes on a whim for its benefit.
    And to what end? Why are we reminding them of this, exactly? It's arbitrary intimidation, and nothing more, because some people can't seperate their rights from what's right, or their beliefs from the beliefs of their fellow man. While we may be in a situation that some find disagreeable, we are not in a situation that all find disagreeable ; nor are we in a situation of tyranny or opression, aside from that which we allow ourselves to suffer at the hands of corporations and bureaucracy, to say nothing of the government, both left and right, that are controlled by those facets of our society.

Where were these gun toting self righteous people when Bush shat all over our liberty and our freedoms? Where were all of these thoughtless right-wing puppets when we were forced into "protest zones", and when we were monitered and arrested for merely showing dissent, let alone publicly threatening the life of the president?

We live in a world of fools, sadly, and the bold men who had a vision for their America must be rolling in their graves right now.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 08-20-2009 at 03:48.

Enchanting Information

-Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :