Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh God no...

8000+

Default Oh God no...

I've started talking to one of my friends gf's about her religion because she basically begged me for an argument. It's kind of like she wants to be convinced otherwise but I seem to lose friends this way. Please stop me ...

Why waste time with religious people?

I stopped having conversations about their fairytale stories years ago, it's a waste of time.

Unless your friends girlfriend is hot, a lot of those religious chicks are freaky I would hit it
    Last edited by -Jotun; 07-18-2009 at 08:37.

8000+

She's extremely hot. I may have had a bit of a thing for her for a long time now but I'm too nice of a guy to try anything on my friends girl lol.

2000+

Argue with her, win the debate, and she will become madly in love with your superior intelligence.

Or.. don't take a side in it. Argue hypothetically. Argue as an agnostic. I can't imagine someone that would be angry enough with an agnostic to the point where they'd end a friendship over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

3000+

This is such a sissy topic. Tell her to go read a book by Dawkins or Hitchens etc and stop wasting time.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by The Cougar View Post
    This is such a sissy topic. Tell her to go read a book by Dawkins or Hitchens etc and stop wasting time.
    I personally have fun arguing it, just ends up getting brutal.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    I personally have fun arguing it, just ends up getting brutal.
    Sounds like rape.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by The Cougar View Post
    Sounds like rape.
    It's a rape of the mind.

Normal User

Well, there's always the chance she wants her some premarital sex but her religion won't allow it. Naturally, she wants it from you - provided you can persuade her to fall to decadence.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarkian View Post
    Well, there's always the chance she wants her some premarital sex but her religion won't allow it. Naturally, she wants it from you - provided you can persuade her to fall to decadence.
    If only I were that good of a debater, I might end up President of the United States .
    Last edited by Apex Vertigo; 07-18-2009 at 09:38.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    She's extremely hot. I may have had a bit of a thing for her for a long time now but I'm too nice of a guy to try anything on my friends girl lol.
    Dont be a ***.

Piss in her butt

Banned

[Dr. Phil]

Ok, here's what you need to do. Point her in the direction of Circular Logic

Have her watch Penn and Teller's bullshit on all episodes dealing with religion.

After those two if her faith isn't drowning in a sea of "Shit... I believed that?" or at least have her questioning things (this should be your ultimate goal, because we're not aiming at killing all hopes and dreams here.. we're trying to put our superhero rings together and activate the brain powers) then just give up and change the subject because the "faith" has run into her bones and it aint coming out for quite some time.

[/Dr. Phil]

Quote Originally Posted by Villageninja View Post
    [Dr. Phil]

Ok, here's what you need to do. Point her in the direction of Circular Logic

Have her watch Penn and Teller's bullshit on all episodes dealing with religion.

After those two if her faith isn't drowning in a sea of "Shit... I believed that?" or at least have her questioning things (this should be your ultimate goal, because we're not aiming at killing all hopes and dreams here.. we're trying to put our superhero rings together and activate the brain powers) then just give up and change the subject because the "faith" has run into her bones and it aint coming out for quite some time.

[/Dr. Phil]
    Hey, did you get that circular logic thing from me? Because I remember posting it a couple of times. Or is it a more popular picture than I thought?

Go ahead and argue with her, since she requested it. Assume her to be curious and open to suggestion until proven otherwise, upon which you should politely decline to discuss the matter further, since she will have proven herself unable to commit to logical reasoning, and in which case you can take advantage by commanding butt sex as a holy revelation from God.
    http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2559/zebrahitlerie8.gif
    "Do not kick poor Spike, for he is old and weak and cannot harm you."
    Killer 86%/Explorer 73%/Achiever 20%/Socializer 20%
    Previously playing Shadowbane with The Crimson Brotherhood

19,000+

Ask her why she believes in god.