Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1

    Default EPA suppressed report skeptical of global warming

    The Environmental Protection Agency may have suppressed an internal report that was skeptical of claims about global warming, including whether carbon dioxide must be strictly regulated by the federal government, according to a series of newly disclosed e-mail messages.
    After reviewing the scientific literature that the EPA is relying on, Carlin said, he concluded that it was at least three years out of date and did not reflect the latest research. "My personal view is that there is not currently any reason to regulate (carbon dioxide)," he said. "There may be in the future. But global temperatures are roughly where they were in the mid-20th century. They're not going up, and if anything they're going down."
    "I'm sure it was very inconvenient for the EPA to consider a study that contradicted the findings it wanted to reach," Rep. James Sensenbrenner, the senior Republican on the House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming, said in a statement. "But the EPA is supposed to reach its findings based on evidence, not on political goals. The repression of this important study casts doubts on the EPA's finding, and frankly, on other analysis the EPA has conducted on climate issues."
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10274412-38.html


    I have a strong feeling as the Dems try and push this new cap and trade bill through we are going to see a lot more of this.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,582

    Default

    After failing in the Michael Jackson thread, I'm surprised you're still showing your face around here.

    Anyways, yeah I'm going to look into that. I remember when myself and the majority of people were all panicking about GW.

  3. #3
    3000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryClock View Post
    After failing in the Michael Jackson thread, I'm surprised you're still showing your face around here.

    Anyways, yeah I'm going to look into that. I remember when myself and the majority of people were all panicking about GW.
    How can you fail in a Michael Jackson thread?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachsucht View Post
    How can you fail in a Michael Jackson thread?
    You can still find the posts.

    On the other MJ thread, had the mods not deleted the posts you can see the whole picture.

    Milo was claiming MJ was a pedophile, was promptly replied to but he still claimed MJ was. He then invoked Godwin's law saying if Hitler made good albums would you still buy it?

  5. #5
    6000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,650

    Cool

    did you look at this guy's web page?

    Rand Corporation...look it up and tell me why i should buy anything someone taking a paycheck from them has to say

    interesting read, however...i'll look at his entire paper after work
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

    "I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachsucht View Post
    How can you fail in a Michael Jackson thread?
    Some of the forumfallers beleive that MJ was not a pedophile.. I disagree. Because of the that.. I feel that negates any of the talent he had. As far as Strawberrys amazing ability to use wikipedia and come up with analogies he simply doesnt grasp.. he is referring to my reply to someone else saying that I should ignore MJ's "alleged" pedophilia because he was amazingly talented.

    I simply said that if Hitler made great albums.. would you buy them?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Hobgoblin View Post
    Some of the forumfallers beleive that MJ was not a pedophile.. I disagree. Because of the that.. I feel that negates any of the talent he had. As far as Strawberrys amazing ability to use wikipedia and come up with analogies he simply doesnt grasp.. he is referring to my reply to someone else saying that I should ignore MJ's "alleged" pedophilia because he was amazingly talented.

    I simply said that if Hitler made great albums.. would you buy them?
    Godwin's law was invoked in that thread you dunce cap.

    The fact that you didn't have any backing to your pedophilia claim was also a prominent player in why you failed.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DocGonzo View Post
    did you look at this guy's web page?

    Rand Corporation...look it up and tell me why i should buy anything someone taking a paycheck from them has to say

    interesting read, however...i'll look at his entire paper after work
    No I read the main page and then looked at some of the studies themselves. The guy was not offering his version of the data .. he was simply stating that after reviewing the same data everyone else had.. there simply wasnt enough evidence to push through a bill with such sweeping changes.

    The guy is not a climatologist not was he claimin to be.. he has an undergrad degree in physics from MIT and a PHd in economics.

    But Id say that qualifies him to read and translate the studies. he was not implying that he was out taking samples or setting up weather stations.. etc..

    At least you guys didnt whileheartedly dismiss him.

  9. #9
    6000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,650

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Hobgoblin View Post
    No I read the main page and then looked at some of the studies themselves. The guy was not offering his version of the data .. he was simply stating that after reviewing the same data everyone else had.. there simply wasnt enough evidence to push through a bill with such sweeping changes.

    The guy is not a climatologist not was he claimin to be.. he has an undergrad degree in physics from MIT and a PHd in economics.

    But Id say that qualifies him to read and translate the studies. he was not implying that he was out taking samples or setting up weather stations.. etc..

    At least you guys didnt whileheartedly dismiss him.

    so if i am an expert in electronics (which i am) with a doctorate in theology (which i have) this qualifies me to interpret a climatology study? (which i can't)?

    add to it he takes a paycheck from Rand corp as an economist...no, no agenda there...right? ( that was sarcasm aimed towards naivete)
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

    "I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    1: Godwin's Law sucks. About the same amount as stupid Hitler arguments.

    2: MJ was or was not a pedo. Who the fuck cares. He got messed up in general. He made fantastic music. Remember him for that.

    3: Global warming is a conspiracy. Obviously.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DocGonzo View Post
    so if i am an expert in electronics (which i am) with a doctorate in theology (which i have) this qualifies me to interpret a climatology study? (which i can't)?

    add to it he takes a paycheck from Rand corp as an economist...no, no agenda there...right? ( that was sarcasm aimed towards naivete)
    Why the hell would you get a doctorate in theology assuming you're not lying.

  12. #12
    6000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,650

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryClock View Post
    Why the hell would you get a doctorate in theology assuming you're not lying.
    in my younger days, i had a thing for comparative mythology and cultural anthropology...in order to get more of the studies i wanted, i KLEP'ed the tests for my degree by mail to the institution i wanted the other studies from...it worked out and i get a laugh out of it

    EDIT: oh yes, and i was fascinated by the topic i did my dissertation on, the conflict between the gnostic Valentinius and the founder of the Catholic church, Iraneus and how different the world might have turned out if Valentinius had won the argument
    Last edited by DocGonzo; 06-29-2009 at 17:51.
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

    "I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DocGonzo View Post
    in my younger days, i had a thing for comparative mythology and cultural anthropology...in order to get more of the studies i wanted, i KLEP'ed the tests for my degree by mail to the institution i wanted the other studies from...it worked out and i get a laugh out of it

    EDIT: oh yes, and i was fascinated by the topic i did my dissertation on, the conflict between the gnostic Valentinius and the founder of the Catholic church, Iraneus and how different the world might have turned out if Valentinius had won the argument

    Something about wether or not Jesus was a God, a man or the divine man. Amirite?

    Wasn't that argued over with Konstantin in order to lay out the pattern of the christianity we know to day?

  14. #14
    3000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Hobgoblin View Post
    I simply said that if Hitler made great albums.. would you buy them?
    Sure, same goes for Stalin. I buy products made in China too.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryClock View Post
    You can still find the posts.

    On the other MJ thread, had the mods not deleted the posts you can see the whole picture.

    Milo was claiming MJ was a pedophile, was promptly replied to but he still claimed MJ was. He then invoked Godwin's law saying if Hitler made good albums would you still buy it?
    Really? I responded to someone saying MJ accomplished more than you (I) ever will, with: "Hitler too accomplished much"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •