Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artistic Block

Hybrid View

Normal User

Default Artistic Block

Alright, there are threads about damned near everything under the sun so I may as well give this an attempt. I am struggling for inspiration on a new piece of art. My services have been hired to paint three artifacts. Two of them are oars, and the third is an anchor. The only stipulation is that I am not to paint anything related to water(go figure) I am stumped. I am considering an attempt at incorporating fire into the pieces for the sake of irony.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?u=44014&type=sigpic&dateline=1  209607374

Normal User

Aged and worn oars and anchor, representing men lost at sea. dark contrast with greys?

No water colours i dunno.... bone colour?

5000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by verboten View Post
    Alright, there are threads about damned near everything under the sun so I may as well give this an attempt. I am struggling for inspiration on a new piece of art. My services have been hired to paint three artifacts. Two of them are oars, and the third is an anchor. The only stipulation is that I am not to paint anything related to water(go figure) I am stumped. I am considering an attempt at incorporating fire into the pieces for the sake of irony.
    oh ur fucked dude

~Respect is earned not bestowed~
    Generals of War Leader
    http://generalsofwar.net/forums/

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Razel View Post
    oh ur fucked dude
    No, I am not fucked yet. I have not even promised to take it on quite yet. I am quite unaccustomed to having any limitations placed upon myself. I know that sounds rather asshole-ish but I am used to having free reign. Having a limitation placed upon me is like removing one toy from a child's roomful of toys. There is plenty to be amused with but I am focused on the missing toy.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?u=44014&type=sigpic&dateline=1  209607374

earth

Opposite of water.

Then make a naked chick out of them somehow, that's always good art.

A naked chick on a rowboat in the middle of Kansas with an anchor?

Edit: Naked chick symbolizes being exposed while the boat in the middle of a field symbolizes being out of your element. The anchor symbolizes being weighed down in an unfavorable situation. Call it something melodramatic. The entire thing is a symbol of irony and quiet desperation, yet the chick still has blind hope because she still tries to improve her situation and row away, even though it's impossible.

I'm a fucking genius.
    Last edited by Empty Pockets; 05-24-2009 at 23:16.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    earth

Opposite of water.

Edit: Naked chick symbolizes being exposed while the boat in the middle of a field symbolizes being out of your element. The anchor symbolizes being weighed down in an unfavorable situation. Call it something melodramatic. The entire thing is a symbol of irony and quiet desperation, yet the chick still has blind hope because she still tries to improve her situation and row away, even though it's impossible.

I'm a fucking genius.
    I plan on cutting the handles from the oars and using them as a frame around the paddles. The anchor, will likely be arranged is on a mantel below the oars. Your idea is worth some thought.

1000+

Using naked chicks as canvas is even better. Look up Emma Hack or Craig Tracy. Look up body painting festivals as well.

Gregor Hartmann has some really nice stuff too.
    I'm not wearing any pants.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=35552&datel  ine=1248389438

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Qikdraw View Post
    Using naked chicks as canvas is even better. Look up Emma Hack or Craig Tracy. Look up body painting festivals as well.

Gregor Hartmann has some really nice stuff too.
    That can be a lot of fun. I have done this many times at art and fashion shows. Unfortunately, it is not permanent.

That can be a lot of fun. I have done this many times at art and fashion shows. Unfortunately, it is not permanent.
    oh god i'm envious of you
    that's like my number one fetish, but my chick isn't into that stuff.

Thats almost enough motivation to become a starving artist imo

Normal User

oh god i'm envious of you
    that's like my number one fetish, but my chick isn't into that stuff.

Thats almost enough motivation to become a starving artist imo
    That is a shame, it is a lot of fun to play with the body paints. She should try it, just once.. I can assure you that the artists are not seeing the body as anything other than a unique and beautiful canvas.

1000+

The only print I have ever really wanted to buy is from Craig Tracy, the woman painted in white with the leopard running on her side.

The body painting festivals turn out some amazing stuff too. And yeah, its too bad the stuff just gets washed away. Hopefully the artists, at least, take some pictures before they're gone.

I'm not a fan of 'traditional' art really, but I really like the stuff painted on bodies. Maybe because a beautiful body is art in an of itself, and using it as canvas just adds to that I guess.
    I'm not wearing any pants.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=35552&datel  ine=1248389438

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Qikdraw View Post
    The only print I have ever really wanted to buy is from Craig Tracy, the woman painted in white with the leopard running on her side.

The body painting festivals turn out some amazing stuff too. And yeah, its too bad the stuff just gets washed away. Hopefully the artists, at least, take some pictures before they're gone.

I'm not a fan of 'traditional' art really, but I really like the stuff painted on bodies. Maybe because a beautiful body is art in an of itself, and using it as canvas just adds to that I guess.
    I am about as traditional as a red or black wedding dress. Anyway, body art brings new meaning to artistic nudes.

3000+

earth

Opposite of water.

I'm a fucking genius.
    One-track messages aren't clever, I hope you were joking about the genius thing.

Spoiler
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Wickfield View Post
    One-track messages aren't clever, I hope you were joking about the genius thing.
    my mind is a one track player, bro

This concept took me a grand total of 2 minutes to imagine while trying to find a way to get naked chicks, an anchor, and oars on a land setting.

Now take your jealousy of my creative genius to another thread before I suggest a painting of you in your streaked whitey tighties on a standed rowboat in Nebraska. Believe me, we don't want that.

Normal User

my mind is a one track player, bro

This concept took me a grand total of 2 minutes to imagine while trying to find a way to get naked chicks, an anchor, and oars on a land setting.

Now take your jealousy of my creative genius to another thread before I suggest a painting of you in your streaked whitey tighties on a standed rowboat in Nebraska. Believe me, we don't want that.
    I certainly do not wish for that.