Page 1 of 8 12 ... LastLast
    12,000+

Default Keynesian defends the FED.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/19/fed...-bernanke.html

"Systemic risk is like pollution." paragraph is where is is wrong. He says that firms stop practicing market discipline when they think that are too big to fail. Well this is the problem, why do they think so? They think so because they own the politicians and the government comes to their rescue as shown by the original bailout.

Yeah systemic risk hurts parties that were not part of it, however systemic risk is just a new colorful word for already existing word for this which is panic. The current existing Austrian economics arguments against regulating panics apply here. Keynesian economics is like a fucking zombie you prove it wrong and it simply changes the names of the variables and comes back at you.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

Banned

I'm sure there must be some political discussion forums out there somewhere, if you catch my drift.

12,000+

Where you think I got this from? DIAF May 09 noob.

Banned

Oh dear still doing the join date thing? I've noticed people aren't quite so vocal anymore about how long they've been waiting for a game, now that it's turned out to be a disappointment for many.

It's not even 08'ers etc anymore but down to the month!

12,000+

You are not familiar with epeen formula? I need to adjust my calculation. According to my calculation you haven't even joined yet. DIAF June 09 noob!

Normal User

wow after studying economics for three years, knowing perfectly well what federal reserve is and kenysian models, I didnt understand a single thing in that article.

Looks like one of my exam answers that I wrote yesterday, a one sentance point translated into 3 pages of writing..

Quote Originally Posted by Velleity View Post

You are obviously Hitler.

12,000+

How do they come up with this bs?

Quote Originally Posted by seinnej View Post
    I'm sure there must be some political discussion forums out there somewhere, if you catch my drift.
    I'm sorry, but where do you think you've wandered into?

This is FORUMFALL!!! *kicks May 09er into a fire of poor people*
    Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche
    The constant fluttering around the single flame of vanity is so much the rule and the law that almost nothing is more incomprehensible than how an honest and pure urge for truth could make its appearance among men.

3000+

NEWS FLASH:

Monkeys like bananas.
    www.alltimed.org/l33t

Thunder Scott//Justinian//Crucifixion//Amalek

Banned

Obviously, libertarians have all the answers. First of all they want us to tie our money to a commodity because it looks pretty and shiny, yet they aren't capable of understanding its volatile nature. Sounds good.....

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by ZeaL- View Post
    Obviously, libertarians have all the answers. First of all they want us to tie our money to a commodity because it looks pretty and shiny, yet they aren't capable of understanding its volatile nature. Sounds good.....
    yeah lol, commodities are so volatile. They can be produced at will and easily inflated, right? Righ-eeeeeet? Just like paper (i.e. digits on a computer).

beat it, kid. you're out of your league on Forumfall.
    www.alltimed.org/l33t

Banned

I was talking about gold. Which is very volatile...but I forgot I'm talking to a ron paul/rand cultist.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by ZeaL- View Post
    I was talking about gold. Which is very volatile...but I forgot I'm talking to a ron paul/rand cultist.
    yeah, you're right. Gold as a currency is so very volatile. Then again, you might be confusing gold as currency/money with gold as a market commodity denominated in dollars. Which would make you a silly goose.

Are you a silly goose?
    www.alltimed.org/l33t

1000+

We're all doomed and everyone is too stupid to prevent it, just accept it and move on.

My Picture
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Simply not knowing things isn't retarded, not having the potential to learn these things is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Hermit View Post
    Wow you do belong here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    yeah, you're right. Gold as a currency is so very volatile. Then again, you might be confusing gold as currency/money with gold as a market commodity denominated in dollars. Which would make you a silly goose.

Are you a silly goose?
    gold as a currency already failed because of its volatility. Bretton woods I'm calling for you!