Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84
  1. #1
    2000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona, Phoenix
    Posts
    2,499

    Default Lindsey Graham Attacks Ron Paul / Supporters - Gets Booed

    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...omment-2700549

    (CNN) – A combative Lindsey Graham got into a sharp back-and-forth with some audience members at the South Carolina GOP convention on Saturday as he made the case for an open-tent Republican party.

    According to The State newspaper and video posted on YouTube, the South Carolina senator told the convention he wants to build a party that can compete in Pennsylvania and Connecticut as well as in his home state.

    “You’re a hypocrite!,” one man in the audience yelled.

    “I’m a winner, pal,” Graham retorted. Moments later, after saying he wants to the party to reach out to independent voters, he said: “Winning matters to me. If it doesn’t matter to you, there’s the exit sign.”

    The crowd in Columbia also featured some Ron Paul supporters who offered several libertarian resolutions during the convention that were rejected by the state party.

    During his speech, Graham told the audience, "Ron Paul is not the leader of this party." That remark drew a few jeers, with several people yelling, "Yes he is!"

    “I’m not going to give this party over to people who can’t win,” Graham responded.
    Mr. Graham, I like you! I like you so much that I will let you fuck my dogs and cats, but only after you suck my dick and eat the peanuts from my shit.

  2. #2
    1000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Graham is a McCain Republican. Read Democrat.


    "You know, Dick, if I had my way, I'd meet Rommel face to face; him in his [Hover]tank and me in [my Hover tank]. We'd meet out there somewhere [in our Hover tanks]... salute each other, maybe drink a toast, then we'd button up [our Hover tanks] and do battle. " - Patton

  3. #3
    3000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    3,282

    Default

    He should go join the Democratic party. Now that's a "winner". Because it's all about winning, right?

  4. #4
    1000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    I'm sorry... How many libertarians are in congress or the senate?

    As much as Graham is an ass and one responsible for the financial mess we are in, he's right, libertarians don't win elections.

    But let the republican party keep moving further and further right and see how many elections they win...
    I'm not wearing any pants.

    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=35552&datel  ine=1248389438

  5. #5
    11,000+ Death's Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,219

    Default

    You know what electorial campaigns need? A little bit more honesty and direct truth.

    You know what everyone running for any sort of governmental office should have to do? They should have to fill out a thorough list of issues that the people care about (Abortion, gun control, finances, taxes, etc...) and have this list posted online on an official website for each party member, so everyone can read and see EXACTLY what they stand for.

    As well, by contract, they should have to follow what they say they do. Man, things would be so much better if candidates had to actually do what they promise if they win.


    Yummy.

  6. #6
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qikdraw View Post
    I'm sorry... How many libertarians are in congress or the senate?

    As much as Graham is an ass and one responsible for the financial mess we are in, he's right, libertarians don't win elections.

    But let the republican party keep moving further and further right and see how many elections they win...
    Dumber words have not been spoken on forumfall. Both parties are moving in on each other. The last time republicans were right was a long fucking time ago. If you haven't noticed dems are trying to be like reps atm.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

  7. #7
    2000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Desert
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qikdraw View Post
    I'm sorry... How many libertarians are in congress or the senate?

    As much as Graham is an ass and one responsible for the financial mess we are in, he's right, libertarians don't win elections.

    But let the republican party keep moving further and further right and see how many elections they win...
    Right??!!

    WTF, if anything they are Moving LEFT!

    Mccain= a Mini Obama

    Democrat=Republican

    Anyone who thinks the Rebs are moving right needs to stop watching CNN and look at what the Rebs do, you want to know why they didnt win, because they are supposed to represent conservitive values, our founding values, like small government and personal responsibility, but they moved away from that a LONG time ago, both parties are Leftist as far as im concerned
    NorseFire, Coming to a Country Near You
    Quote Originally Posted by GFH_Spike View Post
    I had already honed my e-warrior talents prior to Forumfall, so this homoerotic, misanthropic train wreck of mass parental failure touches my heart instead of shriveling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakara View Post
    Obama will be a good president...hes just learning the ropes right now.

  8. #8
    1000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    Dumber words have not been spoken on forumfall. Both parties are moving in on each other. The last time republicans were right was a long fucking time ago. If you haven't noticed dems are trying to be like reps atm.
    Yer a fuckin idiot. You're just upset because you don't like the light shone on how little the libertarians matter. At best you're 4% of voting public, but then when ya actually go vote, you vote republican more than not, so you marginalize yourselves even more. Its really quite funny.

    I thought dems were socialist, now you say they're like republicans?

    Jesus. Get your story straight.
    I'm not wearing any pants.

    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=35552&datel  ine=1248389438

  9. #9
    1000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuk View Post
    Right??!!

    WTF, if anything they are Moving LEFT!

    Mccain= a Mini Obama

    Democrat=Republican

    Anyone who thinks the Rebs are moving right needs to stop watching CNN and look at what the Rebs do, you want to know why they didnt win, because they are supposed to represent conservitive values, our founding values, like small government and personal responsibility, but they moved away from that a LONG time ago, both parties are Leftist as far as im concerned
    Yes, they are moving further right. Look at what they are saying, and who they are allowing to set the tone. The party is moving further right. Which is fine by me, let em, and watch how they'll keep losing elections.
    I'm not wearing any pants.

    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=35552&datel  ine=1248389438

  10. #10
    2000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Desert
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qikdraw View Post
    Yes, they are moving further right. Look at what they are saying, and who they are allowing to set the tone. The party is moving further right. Which is fine by me, let em, and watch how they'll keep losing elections.
    NorseFire, Coming to a Country Near You
    Quote Originally Posted by GFH_Spike View Post
    I had already honed my e-warrior talents prior to Forumfall, so this homoerotic, misanthropic train wreck of mass parental failure touches my heart instead of shriveling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakara View Post
    Obama will be a good president...hes just learning the ropes right now.

  11. #11
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuk View Post
    Right??!!

    WTF, if anything they are Moving LEFT!

    Mccain= a Mini Obama

    Democrat=Republican

    Anyone who thinks the Rebs are moving right needs to stop watching CNN and look at what the Rebs do, you want to know why they didnt win, because they are supposed to represent conservitive values, our founding values, like small government and personal responsibility, but they moved away from that a LONG time ago, both parties are Leftist as far as im concerned
    Fiscally, the entire country has been left for decades. The difference was that republicans would lie about it, and retards would believe them. You can still find the divide on other areas of government.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  12. #12
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qikdraw View Post
    Yer a fuckin idiot. You're just upset because you don't like the light shone on how little the libertarians matter. At best you're 4% of voting public, but then when ya actually go vote, you vote republican more than not, so you marginalize yourselves even more. Its really quite funny.

    I thought dems were socialist, now you say they're like republicans?

    Jesus. Get your story straight.
    I could care less what block libertarians make up. You have no fucking idea what you are talking about. Republicans compromised on their platform by trying be compassionate conservatives. Which basically was democrats lite plus warmongering. Now dems are in power and what do they do? They are warmongering just like republicans. The fact that they disagree on the degree of socialism makes no fucking difference.

    You are a fucking putz if you believe that there is a difference.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

  13. #13
    1000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qikdraw View Post
    Yes, they are moving further right. Look at what they are saying, and who they are allowing to set the tone. The party is moving further right. Which is fine by me, let em, and watch how they'll keep losing elections.
    Yeah guys they are moving more right...just look at what they are saying!

  14. #14
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    I could care less what block libertarians make up. You have no fucking idea what you are talking about. Republicans compromised on their platform by trying be compassionate conservatives. Which basically was democrats lite plus warmongering. Now dems are in power and what do they do? They are warmongering just like republicans. The fact that they disagree on the degree of socialism makes no fucking difference.

    You are a fucking putz if you believe that there is a difference.
    Just because neither party stands for you does not mean there's not a difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  15. #15
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    Just because neither party stands for you does not mean there's not a difference.
    You are right only as long as we are generalizing. A different degree of the same policy is a difference but it is not difference in policy. They might as well be one party that votes on how to arrive at the same destination.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •