Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal User

Default so i'm in a bind...

and I need 40 million dollars. I was considering writing, because it seems like easy money. By writing I mean Harry Potter type novels, not some fucking sports column. So what should I do? Three characters in an alternate world, with many supporting characters (i.e. Lord of the Rings) or in the modern world with a secret variance (Harry Potter)? I think I'll plan my epic for a few days and then start.

Banned

Write what you love to write about.

Why do you need to get $40 mil anyway?

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by [O]_Fawkes View Post
    Write what you love to write about.

Why do you need to get $40 mil anyway?
    Why the fuck would I NOT need 40 mil?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rhambo View Post
    Why the fuck would I NOT need 40 mil?
    I'm just saying it's an oddly specific amount.

Anyway, if you want $40 Mil from books you're going to need to write a true winner. It has to appeal to a wide variety of people and it has to captivate them.

Basically, you have to dull down what you REALLY want to write about (Sex, boobs, women).

Write about what you love, still, but making it appealing to a wide variety of people. If you can do that you'll have a winner, not saying you'll like the end result since it's just a book you wrote to appeal to what everybody likes, not what you like, but meh.

Banned

write a novel on how you can, and do, fellate yourself. be specific. be yourself.

instant cult classic.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by [O]_Fawkes View Post
    I'm just saying it's an oddly specific amount.

Anyway, if you want $40 Mil from books you're going to need to write a true winner. It has to appeal to a wide variety of people and it has to captivate them.

Basically, you have to dull down what you REALLY want to write about (Sex, boobs, women).

Write about what you love, still, but making it appealing to a wide variety of people. If you can do that you'll have a winner, not saying you'll like the end result since it's just a book you wrote to appeal to what everybody likes, not what you like, but meh.
    The problem is I don't have much talent... but I still need the money. So the last few days I've been looking for some sort of formula, which successful books follow. Usually there are 3 strong characters, with about a dozen supporting chars. After I read LotR, I think I'll have some more insight. About what you said that it has to appeal to many people, yeah that's true.

Question in OP is still open.

make interesting plot.
    memorable characters which are faced with moral decisions.
    win monies.

1000+

Make a shitty book with shitty placeholder characters that face problems regular teenagers would, then throw in something cool, like vampires for instance, and fill it to the brim with love-dovey crap and teen angst.

Teenagers are stupid, they'll love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonyak View Post
    I open the window and start jerking off in front of him.

I then punch myself in the testicals, throw myself through the window and vomit on the guy.

I then pin him down and continue to masterbate on his face.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Rhambo View Post
    and I need 40 million dollars. I was considering writing, because it seems like easy money. By writing I mean Harry Potter type novels, not some fucking sports column. So what should I do? Three characters in an alternate world, with many supporting characters (i.e. Lord of the Rings) or in the modern world with a secret variance (Harry Potter)? I think I'll plan my epic for a few days and then start.
    Screw writing. Create a religion which embezzles millions from the participants of it. Then hire people from the government to cover it all up...meh.

Normal User

The other night I had a massive headache so I took a Tylenol, with Smirnoff, right after taking synthroid, before I crashed. I had some fucked up hallucinations, and a really awesome idea for a book. Sadly, I can't remember it.

But I'll try again tonight.

1000+

You could be like Obama and write a bunch of books about yourself. Apparently you don't have to actually accomplish anything for people to want to read about you.

"You know, Dick, if I had my way, I'd meet Rommel face to face; him in his [Hover]tank and me in [my Hover tank]. We'd meet out there somewhere [in our Hover tanks]... salute each other, maybe drink a toast, then we'd button up [our Hover tanks] and do battle. " - Patton

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Three Dog View Post
    Screw writing. Create a religion which embezzles millions from the participants of it. Then hire people from the government to cover it all up...meh.
    Call it something catchy...

How about Scientology? No thats taken.

Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
    Quote Originally Posted by junkoe View Post
    I just wonder when parents stopped being held responsible for the development and well being of thier children.

1000+

Become a tv evangelist and then say you need 40 million dollars or the Lord is gonna take you to heaven.
    I'm not wearing any pants.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=35552&datel  ine=1248389438

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Qikdraw View Post
    Become a tv satanist and then say you need 40 million dollars or the Lord is gonna take you to heaven.
    Fixt, bible thumpers would want him to go to heaven...prolly kill him too.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by SSguy View Post
    Fixt, bible thumpers would want him to go to heaven...prolly kill him too.
    Nope. It worked for Oral Roberts, although he only asked for 8 million.
    I'm not wearing any pants.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=35552&datel  ine=1248389438