2000+ Long term follower

Default Demigod ? (DotA-ish game)

Anyone try it yet? Thoughts? I love DotA, it's got some of the DotA aspect. While it's not the original designers of DotA(which the original was junk), I still think it's worth looking into. Any thoughts before I get home in 2 hours and purchase it!?!
    Sennheiser - Assist - Thage
    O.o
    EV

1000+

As an atheist I refuse to play a game based on Abrahamic religion lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    This is off topic, if you don't like it get the fuck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by popsaregood230 View Post
    Kill 'em and grill 'em. Cannibalize these fat bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklily
    When you see a woman, do you lunge for her boobs or her brain? Only zombies go for women for their brains

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Aacevedo View Post
    This. Christians, Jews and Muslims can go and fuck themselves.
    Fuck you.

6000+

Demigod released? I'll have to check that out

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Aacevedo View Post
    It's not based on Abrahamic religion?

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by shadowy View Post
    It's not based on Abrahamic religion?
    Shhhhh You got me I just read Demigod and I had to troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    This is off topic, if you don't like it get the fuck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by popsaregood230 View Post
    Kill 'em and grill 'em. Cannibalize these fat bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklily
    When you see a woman, do you lunge for her boobs or her brain? Only zombies go for women for their brains

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by xarnthal View Post
    Anyone try it yet? Thoughts? I love DotA, it's got some of the DotA aspect. While it's not the original designers of DotA(which the original was junk), I still think it's worth looking into. Any thoughts before I get home in 2 hours and purchase it!?!
    I've been following the game for close to or over a year now. And I don't know I'm still indecisive on it. I think I'm gonna skip ahead and wait for Starcraft 2.

Although I doubt I'm gonna be any good at it since it's been quite a number of years since I played Starcraft. And even then looking back I sucked at it just like all the RTS I played over the years.

The problem with me is that I feel like I'll get bored of Demigod quick. Sure there's the single player and multiplayer but I don't know. It's an interesting concept although I never played WC3 nor DOTA but not sure. I think I'll wait for some reviews and video reviews on it.

Mind giving some feedback Xarnthal after playing the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalSign View Post
    In Moralist America, Democracy screw YOU!

It's only a matter of time before the federal government decides to jump on the sensationalist band-wagon and waste more taxpayer money on worthless prohibitions.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by Achromic View Post
    The problem with me is that I feel like I'll get bored of Demigod quick. Sure there's the single player and multiplayer but I don't know.
    This. The good thing about WC3 was that there were always other games to play. I like to have an >option< ;-)

I just bought it today, going to install it after the wife takes my leash off.

Normal User

I cant really see it being any better then dota..considering you can do pretty much anything with the war3 mapmaker

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by jake21kai View Post
    I cant really see it being any better then dota..considering you can do pretty much anything with the war3 mapmaker
    First you're comparing it to a map in a game and then makes a point that the game itself (and not just the map) is better? :|

Normal User

Alright...
    During the development of Demigod I criticized its design on many forums and to people in real life. I kept saying it will get old fast, there aren't enough heroes to chose between (8), there aren't enough variety of maps (8), and it generally looked repetitive and slow.

After a huge discussion with a beta-tester, I bought it yesterday, because he managed to convince me that everything I thought of it was wrong. I've played through the single player campaign twice and have been online only a few times (not too many people playing it yet.)

*If you are looking for a good SINGLE PLAYER experience, it WILL get old. I was expecting an "EPIC TOURNAMENT OF THE GODSSSS" story, but what I got was 8 randomized matches strung together with a little voiceover for each Demigod, telling you how awsome you are, when you beat all 8 matches. There is no story, or progression. It is 8 skirmish maps in a row.... that is all. No cutscenes/text/audio between the maps. and with only 8 maps and 4 game modes... yea.

*If you are looking for a good MULTIPLAYER experience... I don't know yet. There is more depth than I thought there would be though; each Demigod has lots of skill trees and progression to choose between, and each have different uses depending on what game-mode/map you are playing. And combining that with selecting which items to buy and which flags to take at what time (flags give different bonuses to your side.) It can take a bit of thinking and cooperation with your allies. But really it will come down to memorizing optimal skill-builds and items/armor selection relating to the map/gamemode.

I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I would recommend it if you like doing team multiplayer(while waiting for starcraft2)... other than that I would avoid it.

Or you could always buy it to stare at the Queen of Thorns bouncing tits. Which the beta tester sent me a .gif image of and is the real reason why I bought the game.

Let us die from fall damage.