Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Default Only idiots have money problems..

The only people I see bitching are the fucking idiots that are talking on their Iphones, sipping their $8 coffee and driving their brand new Ford F150s.. Any of you having problems right now seriously need to step back and clue the fuck in, My brother makes minimum wage and he saves most of what he earns.. But OMG he drives a '99 honda civic, has a $20 a month phone and drinks cheap coffee..

/rant off

Didn't you get that memo? The only way out of this depression is to spend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder
    Please learn something before speaking

Spending beyond your means has become a staple of American culture. People have been endlessly fed lines like 'spend to stimulate the economy' or 'everyone should own a house'. It's rampant everywhere, I see it everyday in friends and relatives, hell even the wife who I've been beating to stop spending for the past 6 years still can't be trusted to go to a store by herself. At least we still don't have a joint bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by kordoyn View Post
    Spending beyond your means has become a staple of American culture. People have been endlessly fed lines like 'spend to stimulate the economy' or 'everyone should own a house'. It's rampant everywhere, I see it everyday in friends and relatives, hell even the wife who I've been beating to stop spending for the past 6 years still can't be trusted to go to a store by herself. At least we still don't have a joint bank account.
    That's exactly what I mean,

I'm in Canada, we are not feeling it near as hard, but we still feel it, My town of about 7000 just lost a good 700 jobs, everyone is looking for a job right now but the guys that did lose their job got their pensions and severance packages etc.. they have plenty to live off for at least a year till they find another job.

But even then, most of them tell me how they have 3 credit cards that are maxed, vacations their wives had planned to places they cannot afford to go, 2nd/3rd mortgages out on their houses.. Everyone seems to just be brainwashed to buy anything they see..

I rent because it makes more sense, I pay 600 canadian a month for a 2 bedroom apartment, I drive a 2002 honda civic (payed 4000 for privately,) and have a basic cell phone and basic bills, that is the end of my payments.. There is seriously no reason anyone needs more then that unless you have a kid etc.. But even then, my sister has a kid and she gets a fuck load of money free from the government, more then enough to support the kid and she does amazingly well..

America and North America need a swift reality check, I almost hope we go into a huge Depression, Just so some people can be reminded of how lucky we really are.
    Last edited by joindate1954; 04-12-2009 at 13:28.

2000+

Good posts and I fully agree. I personaly have zero debt. I have alot less then your average american but I also own every single thing I have. Americans seem to think its acceptable to be in debt as long as you have all the goodies and can compete with the jones.

Banned

I disagree with all of your posts. By not spending we are not contributing to our complacent, excessive lifestyles and will let the Jones beat us in the impression war.

Spending beyond your means has become a staple of American culture. People have been endlessly fed lines like 'spend to stimulate the economy' or 'everyone should own a house'.
    There is a difference between spending more than you can handle, spending what you can miss and spend nothing at all and save everything up.

Spending more than you can handle will never stimulate the economy as goods are in fact traded for cash that is not there yet.
    Saving everything has also a negative effect on the economy, don't know the theory behind it any more as it a been over 5 years since i last had that economy class.

The only thing people really should wonder about is whether they need a 90 inc flatscreen, a new cellphone every month, etc...
    It's all about first choosing the necessities and then think about luxury.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

Normal User

Lol what the fuck? Might not want to own up to that one.

Normal User

Drugs take up all of my money :/
    But no matter what, I won't give up my espressos.

People are so used living well above their means through credit, that now that they actually have to use the money they earn, they're panicking.

It's a shame. If you never want to have financial trouble, spend in cash. All the time. Only ever using a credit card for online purchases and only when you already have the cash in your bank.

Yummy.

Normal User

As the Tower of Babel goes down in flames I'll be laughing on the sidelines at all the fools who didn't see it coming;; little chickens coming home to roost.

Quote Originally Posted by joindate1954 View Post
    The only people I see bitching are the fucking idiots that are talking on their Iphones, sipping their $8 coffee and driving their brand new Ford F150s.. Any of you having problems right now seriously need to step back and clue the fuck in, My brother makes minimum wage and he saves most of what he earns.. But OMG he drives a '99 honda civic, has a $20 a month phone and drinks cheap coffee..

/rant off
    I agree. Paid for my house cash. Paid for all my cars cash. Newest truck i am driving is a colorado 2005.

If you have to borrow money for anything less than a house. You shouldn't have it. PERIOD.
    If more people would have thought like that in the first place. We wouldn't be in this financial crisis.

so ya. i agree.
    Last edited by biggunsar; 04-12-2009 at 16:45.

What people are syaign here is pretty mucht rue. I come froma family with a large home, a good car, never lacked anything (as in "got pretty much everything I wnated- including a license when turned 18 and ana ccount high on cash for my first years of studies").

Key rules, that msot people forget these days:

Buy what you ned.
    Buy only what you can afford.
    If you have to borrow money, borrow only what you can afford even if you're without a job for some periods of time.
    If you have to borrow money, let it be for necessities you cannot afford at once.

What do I mean? Buy food and clothes, books etc that you need. If you have plenty moeny, splash on better quality or more, but only if you have the money. People borrowing on 15-minute loans at insane prices because they "must have" that trip to the Carribean or that new oven that can cook for you is jsut insane. If you don't have the cash for frills, you shouldn't have the frills.

Gotta borrow money? Borrow maximum an amount allowing you to pay every single check from the bank on time, even if you end up losing your job. Make sure that the time-frame it takes for you to get a new job isn't a time-frame your reserves cannot handle.
    And if you have to borrow money, elt it be for a house. If you need a car (most Americans do), a car then, but not a new one, get a used one that's a couple years old. In Europe, msot places you can skip a car and take the train or a bus. Where I live+work, a car would, apart from the price, cost me roughly $500 a month plus gas. Even pretending it's raining every day and I took the bus insetad of my bike, I'd be paying less than $150 a month. Granted, car gives freedom, but that doesn't justify the bigger spendings if I don't have the money and need to take a loan, which would cost me even mroe on top. For it to be jsutified, my loan+gas and expenses would have to be equalt to, or elss than, my current options.

*sighs*

People need to wake up and face fuckin' reality.
    Live with Honor
    Fight for Honor
    Die with Honor
    Let not glory blind thee!

Normal User

yeah own a piece of land far out and build a house underground with electricity from sun on the above and some other stuff and you are set for when the zombies come

Banned

It's similar here in England. My sister asks if she can borrow some money because she's broke and I see she has a pack of 20 cigarettes, £20 credit on her phone, new clothes ect.
    So I tell her to fuck off.