Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000+

Default For high schoolers, Britannica > Wikipedia

http://www.britannica.com/

This is as simple to use as Wikipedia.. I do not recommend Wikipedia for your homework, never have and never will.. Britannica however is the ultimate learning tool for anyone in high school that need a encyclopedia!

6000+

fuck you, wikipedia is always right.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Forgin View Post
    fuck you, wikipedia is always right.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrothath View Post
    http://www.britannica.com/

This is as simple to use as Wikipedia.. I do not recommend Wikipedia for your homework, never have and never will.. Britannica however is the ultimate learning tool for anyone in high school that need a encyclopedia!
    I would be most teens dont even know what an encyclopedia is...

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Skyborn View Post
    I would be most teens dont even know what an encyclopedia is...
    Wut Iz Inciklopeedeeuh?

I'm not sure if I can agree.

One extremely valuable aspect of Wikipedia is the discussion feature, in which one can find a large number of useful links and alternative points of view. In addition to that, it's possible to track changes in articles, whereas most other encyclopaedias only present the current consensus filtered through the prism of the supposedly neutral point of view of professional editors. It's possible to achieve much greater efficiency and depth with Wikipedia using it as a collection of assorted links and excerpts than with Britannica, which is basically an electronic version of an ordinary encyclopaedia.

The main advantage of Britannica is that it looks better in bibliography sections. Note that a website still appears intellectually inferior to a book. In other words, use Wikipedia, write Britannica.

19,000+

Wikipedia is the source of all knowledge in the world.

6000+

Cool

yer Doctor approves the OP message

check wiki if you want, but britannica is authoritative

also, when you copy it verbatim for your papers, and the teacher checks wiki...it won't be the same so you won't get busted

of course...you could actually do the work yourself, but you fucking children are such lazy bastards...
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

"I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by DocGonzo View Post
    of course...you could actually do the work yourself
    That's so 20th century, outsourcing is the way to success!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    This is off topic, if you don't like it get the fuck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by popsaregood230 View Post
    Kill 'em and grill 'em. Cannibalize these fat bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklily
    When you see a woman, do you lunge for her boobs or her brain? Only zombies go for women for their brains

Banned

Tsk in my day we had to use real books!

Suspended

I've been writing college papers for my friend and his sister for about 3-4 months now (8-10page research papers) and all of them are written majority contentwise off of wikipedia, sometimes even straight rips from wiki with 1-2 words changed, and so far every single one has gotten an A. <3

Encyclopedia salesman in off-topic? There was a study done a few years ago that found an average of 3 errors per article in Britannica and 4 errors per article in wikipedia if i remember correctly. By no means head and shoulders more authoritative, but it is easier to cite. Both are for generally informing yourself on a topic though not meant for research or citation, so wikipedia is much better for almost all intended purposes.

3000+ Long term follower

My professors always state how horrible wikipedia is (although one that did also gave us extra credit for creating a new article in wikipedia), and I tend to disagree. I remember when the internet was starting to get popular and every single teacher said that internet sources would not be allowed. Academia is just reluctant to embrace the changing technology.

That being said all of wikipedia is not correct. There are many articles that are completely cited from reliable sources and locked to outside changes, but there are also a bunch that are filled with bullshit. Combine the BS factor with teacher's hating it and I would never use wiki as a source, but it is a great place to start looking for sources. If I need a paper on Frank Lloyd Wright (random topic that was on top of my head) any sources I find in the library are going to be about his architecture, but on wiki there could be a line saying he designed a car. Probably bullshit, but doesn't hurt to look for an academic journal or book about it.

Wikipedia is not a good source for a paper (at this point), but is a great starting point and perfectly alright to use for homework. Don't take everything it has to say as truth, but use it to find the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berhan
    less wrong than raping, but still wrong enough...

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbell View Post
    I've been writing college papers for my friend and his sister for about 3-4 months now (8-10page research papers) and all of them are written majority contentwise off of wikipedia, sometimes even straight rips from wiki with 1-2 words changed, and so far every single one has gotten an A. <3
    If you aren't getting paid then you are a fucking patsy...seriously.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Skyborn View Post
    If you aren't getting paid then you are a fucking patsy...seriously.
    I've been getting around 100 per paper + adderall + smoking + drinking + whoring his cable + hooking my comp up to his hd flatscreen