Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 81

Thread: Colored Ammo?

  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Knight View Post
    How is that trolling? I answered a question. So fuck you
    Damn he just trolled you my friend. Anytime anybody mentions the word troll, they themselves are trolling!

  2. #17
    14,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Super Bonk world
    Posts
    14,600

    Default

    what a dumb freaking thread...

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killuminati View Post
    what a dumb freaking thread...
    Only because no one seems to know anything about it. I'm not making it up. There's a real bill that's going to try to pass this shit. And this isn't the only form of gun control that's going to try and be passed on Obama's watch, I guarantee it. Any such legislation is a threat to the 2nd amendment, and therefore your security and freedom. Sad that you don't value either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

  4. #19
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I myself plan on buying as many guns as I possibly can in the near future. Therefore anyone else with a like mind please PM me with address and name so I'm sure to stay away from your house when the whole shit house goes into flames.

  5. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Taxachusetts
    Posts
    3,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    Only because no one seems to know anything about it. I'm not making it up. There's a real bill that's going to try to pass this shit. And this isn't the only form of gun control that's going to try and be passed on Obama's watch, I guarantee it. Any such legislation is a threat to the 2nd amendment, and therefore your security and freedom. Sad that you don't value either.

    My understanding was they want to make all "old" ammo basically illegal, and force people to use new ammo with a serial number type deal on the bullet to make it easier to track ammo, and who bought it.

    Read and be afraid...

    http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=2228&pn=3188

    They can fuck off, if they think I'm going to get rid of 600+ rounds of ammo though.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sindas View Post
    why do you need a gun for christs sake? if no one has guns, the need for one is pretty much null
    Faulty logic. You assume that once there are no guns on the planet, crime will stop. What about crime without guns? What about crime that doesn't even require you to carry an inanimate object?

    A gun is an equalizer. A 5' woman can stop a 6' 5" rapist with a single squeeze of a trigger. With guns gone, 6' 5" man will always have an advantage over a 5' woman, and should he decide to rape her, all she can do it just take it. I suppose people like you will say "Too bad, so sad, should've been born a man"?

    Crime, even without guns, still exists. The possibility that a person you're about to fuk with has a gun is by itself a deterrent. The knowledge that the person you're about to do cannot, by law, have a gun, is actually an incentive, because someone who can't pack a gun is less likely to pack a knife or a collapsing baton, because if you attack from upwind, if they have the girly pepper spray, they'll likely as not dose themselves and make your job easier. And even if they're packing a stiletto or a telescoping baton, you will likely overpower them, because you're 6' 5" at 220 lbs, and they're 5' tall and 80 lbs.

    So, removing guns from the populace, incidence of rape go up. Introducing CCW (Carry Concealed Weapon) permits into the populace drops the incidence of rape. Why? Well, if you're approaching someone ,and she's got her hand in her jacket pocket, is it just her hand, or is it dripping a .38 because she saw you coming? And will she hesitant, will she pull the gun, or will she decide that the price tag on her jacket is worth less to her than your ballsack all over the payment in tiny little scraps? Would you approach?

    Next, let me ask you this, how often do you see civilians packing guns where you live? Because your aversion to logic may be just the isolation issue. For example, imagine you know and trust this guy, you do business with. Known him for over 5 years now. He's got a son and two daughters, and a wife. You know them also. Then, one day, you walk into the store, and he's got a Sig Sauer in his waistband. What is your reaction?

    Yours, probably, would be to make eyes like this and then ask why would he need it, and educate him on the fact that he is likely to shoot a family member. My reaction is to inquire what has happened to make him think he needs it, and if I could help deal with it. To you, a gun is a weapon. To me, a gun is a tool, and if a person feels the need to carry one, he's got reason to.

    Now, same scenario, but he's got a hammer in his toolbelt, instead of a gun. What is your reaction? "Fixing something?" you'll likely say, not recognizing that at anywhere from 1-25 feet, he can brain you with that hammer with exactly the same ease as he would shoot you with a gun. Both are potential weapons, but one you see as such, another you don't. That's because you probably live in a place without CCW permits, or with draconian state laws. If you saw as many hammers in your life as you saw guns, you would see the gun as a tool. This is especially obvious with army brats, kids with parents in the military who grew up on or near an army base, and handled their parents' sidearms at a tender age of 3, one of their earliest memories being them playing with a shiny Colt .45. And why not? As long as the gun is unloaded, with parental supervision? And kids like that know about guns, how they operate, and how to treat them. Just like kids who grew up on construction sites know and respect a chainsaw.

    Lastly, even if you remove all objects that could potentially be used as a weapon on the planet, from rocks to tree branches, you're still left with people like the current MMA champions. What do you do if someone comes at you whose kick has the same effect as a car crash at 60km/h? Bottom line, crime always existed, and will exist, because nothing is balanced.

  7. #22
    14,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Super Bonk world
    Posts
    14,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    Only because no one seems to know anything about it. I'm not making it up. There's a real bill that's going to try to pass this shit. And this isn't the only form of gun control that's going to try and be passed on Obama's watch, I guarantee it. Any such legislation is a threat to the 2nd amendment, and therefore your security and freedom. Sad that you don't value either.
    I'm sure my freedomz will all disappear if they start coloring ammo.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rourke View Post
    My understanding was they want to make all "old" ammo basically illegal, and force people to use new ammo with a serial number type deal on the bullet to make it easier to track ammo, and who bought it.
    Even if, by some miracle, they manage to only have guns in the world which, with a little needle, take a DNA sample from the shooter's hand, and mark each bullet fired from that gun with the gun ID and the shooter's name, address, social security number, there would STILL be gun crime. Has anyone seen Judge Dredd with Sylvester Stallone? The guy had a clone, same DNA. Clone went nuts, killed a bunch of people, put Stallone's character in jail.

    All this is pissing away taxpayer money. It's like the Canadian Firearms Registry thing, with compulsory gun registration for firearms, which was implemented in '95. Guess what? Zero impact on crime. Cost taxpayers 2 billion dollars.

    This new program with colored ammo? Who here doesn't know about handloading ammo? That is, you reuse the shell, and cast your own bullet, and use gunpowder and fodder, all homemade?

  9. #24
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Step 1: Destroy all guns in civilian hands.

    Step 2: Make owning a gun punishable by summary execution.

    Step 3: Equip police with automatic weapons and body armor.

    Step 4: Spend a decade rooting out the remainder of guns in the country and executing those who own them.

    Step 5: Remove guns from police hands as well.

    Step 6: Next to gunless society, any occasional home-made guns or one that were missed over the last decade will be few and far between and by equipping police with a variety of non-leathal weapons they can still be dealt with.

    The argument that you need guns incase you have to rebel against your government is moot at this point; they have attack helicopters, remote control bombs, tanks and a whole bunch of other shit that you're not going to be able to do shit about if they decide to institute a police state.

  10. #25
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathius View Post
    Even if, by some miracle, they manage to only have guns in the world which, with a little needle, take a DNA sample from the shooter's hand, and mark each bullet fired from that gun with the gun ID and the shooter's name, address, social security number, there would STILL be gun crime. Has anyone seen Judge Dredd with Sylvester Stallone? The guy had a clone, same DNA. Clone went nuts, killed a bunch of people, put Stallone's character in jail.

    All this is pissing away taxpayer money. It's like the Canadian Firearms Registry thing, with compulsory gun registration for firearms, which was implemented in '95. Guess what? Zero impact on crime. Cost taxpayers 2 billion dollars.

    This new program with colored ammo? Who here doesn't know about handloading ammo? That is, you reuse the shell, and cast your own bullet, and use gunpowder and fodder, all homemade?
    Sabb, I have never known anyone in my life that ever needed a gun, or heard of one. Here in Europe, guns are illegal. smalltime offenders dont pack glocs, only the big, big criminals have one here, the same criminals that drive around with machine guns. Allowing guns is like putting guns in the pockets of criminals. if you think criminals will get a gun anyway, you're wrong. Think of the origin of crime. Most of the time its a spur of the moment from a person who's desperate.

    I think you Americans are clinging to your gun policy, afraid to lose the safety of a gun pointed to your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morthor View Post
    Also, if you're not using a skill often enough for it to have lots of points, you obviously don't need alot of points in that skill. Thats the beauty, it will adjust to how you play instead of you having to adjust in order to have the skills you need.

  11. #26
    1000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Old Forumfall
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adraedan View Post
    Step 1: Destroy all guns in civilian hands.

    Step 2: Make owning a gun punishable by summary execution.

    Step 3: Equip police with automatic weapons and body armor.

    Step 4: Spend a decade rooting out the remainder of guns in the country and executing those who own them.

    Step 5: Remove guns from police hands as well.

    Step 6: Next to gunless society, any occasional home-made guns or one that were missed over the last decade will be few and far between and by equipping police with a variety of non-leathal weapons they can still be dealt with.

    The argument that you need guns incase you have to rebel against your government is moot at this point; they have attack helicopters, remote control bombs, tanks and a whole bunch of other shit that you're not going to be able to do shit about if they decide to institute a police state.
    The problem would still remain, unless the impossible was to happen and all countries the world had the same policy. There could also be a black market between criminals and the army, you going to suggest they stop using guns as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavalya View Post
    Sabb, I have never known anyone in my life that ever needed a gun, or heard of one. Here in Europe, guns are illegal. smalltime offenders dont pack glocs, only the big, big criminals have one here, the same criminals that drive around with machine guns. Allowing guns is like putting guns in the pockets of criminals. if you think criminals will get a gun anyway, you're wrong. Think of the origin of crime. Most of the time its a spur of the moment from a person who's desperate.

    I think you Americans are clinging to your gun policy, afraid to lose the safety of a gun pointed to your head.
    The serious crime rate in countries where guns are legalised is higher (e.g. murder) but there is a significantly lower amount of violent and low level crime.

    Just look at the UK, guns illegal, so people started using knives which are much more available. They're trying to ban knives now, but what's next? You can kill or injure someone with anything down to and including your bare hands.
    The Rules of the Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by Nackl of Gilmed View Post
    Oh sweet Lord, I've punctured my brain.

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathius View Post
    Faulty logic. You assume that once there are no guns on the planet, crime will stop. What about crime without guns? What about crime that doesn't even require you to carry an inanimate object?

    A gun is an equalizer. A 5' woman can stop a 6' 5" rapist with a single squeeze of a trigger. With guns gone, 6' 5" man will always have an advantage over a 5' woman, and should he decide to rape her, all she can do it just take it. I suppose people like you will say "Too bad, so sad, should've been born a man"?

    Crime, even without guns, still exists. The possibility that a person you're about to fuk with has a gun is by itself a deterrent. The knowledge that the person you're about to do cannot, by law, have a gun, is actually an incentive, because someone who can't pack a gun is less likely to pack a knife or a collapsing baton, because if you attack from upwind, if they have the girly pepper spray, they'll likely as not dose themselves and make your job easier. And even if they're packing a stiletto or a telescoping baton, you will likely overpower them, because you're 6' 5" at 220 lbs, and they're 5' tall and 80 lbs.

    So, removing guns from the populace, incidence of rape go up. Introducing CCW (Carry Concealed Weapon) permits into the populace drops the incidence of rape. Why? Well, if you're approaching someone ,and she's got her hand in her jacket pocket, is it just her hand, or is it dripping a .38 because she saw you coming? And will she hesitant, will she pull the gun, or will she decide that the price tag on her jacket is worth less to her than your ballsack all over the payment in tiny little scraps? Would you approach?

    Next, let me ask you this, how often do you see civilians packing guns where you live? Because your aversion to logic may be just the isolation issue. For example, imagine you know and trust this guy, you do business with. Known him for over 5 years now. He's got a son and two daughters, and a wife. You know them also. Then, one day, you walk into the store, and he's got a Sig Sauer in his waistband. What is your reaction?

    Yours, probably, would be to make eyes like this and then ask why would he need it, and educate him on the fact that he is likely to shoot a family member. My reaction is to inquire what has happened to make him think he needs it, and if I could help deal with it. To you, a gun is a weapon. To me, a gun is a tool, and if a person feels the need to carry one, he's got reason to.

    Now, same scenario, but he's got a hammer in his toolbelt, instead of a gun. What is your reaction? "Fixing something?" you'll likely say, not recognizing that at anywhere from 1-25 feet, he can brain you with that hammer with exactly the same ease as he would shoot you with a gun. Both are potential weapons, but one you see as such, another you don't. That's because you probably live in a place without CCW permits, or with draconian state laws. If you saw as many hammers in your life as you saw guns, you would see the gun as a tool. This is especially obvious with army brats, kids with parents in the military who grew up on or near an army base, and handled their parents' sidearms at a tender age of 3, one of their earliest memories being them playing with a shiny Colt .45. And why not? As long as the gun is unloaded, with parental supervision? And kids like that know about guns, how they operate, and how to treat them. Just like kids who grew up on construction sites know and respect a chainsaw.

    Lastly, even if you remove all objects that could potentially be used as a weapon on the planet, from rocks to tree branches, you're still left with people like the current MMA champions. What do you do if someone comes at you whose kick has the same effect as a car crash at 60km/h? Bottom line, crime always existed, and will exist, because nothing is balanced.
    I didn't read, way to long. But to the first sentance: If there are no guns, then there is no need for a gun as protection. There will still be knives and stuff. So get a knife. end of story kkthnxbai

  13. #28
    2000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    The UK outlawed guns, crime went up alot. Lolz.
    Character - Warez King
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeroy View Post
    100% Pure fucking awesome. Sig me.

  14. #29
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    377

    Default

    A knife potential of a gun. Someone can't walk into a room and kill 20 people with a knife before someone stops him. Unless they're ninjas.

    Americans have such backwards logic. If guns were illegal, they'd be harder to come across. Period. You think the criminals get their guns out of thin air? Because guns are legal, it can't be policed, because of all the laws that allow people to carry them, so even if a criminal did have a gun, what can athorities do about? He's legally allowed to carry one, and americans freak out about their rights to bear arms... and their justification is that if someone threatens them, they're allowed to shoot and kill them for it? What makes them any better then the criminals then? They're just lawless vigilantes.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sindas View Post
    I didn't read, way to long. But to the first sentance: If there are no guns, then there is no need for a gun as protection. There will still be knives and stuff. So get a knife. end of story kkthnxbai

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lost One View Post
    Just look at the UK, guns illegal, so people started using knives which are much more available. They're trying to ban knives now, but what's next? You can kill or injure someone with anything down to and including your bare hands.


    ?????

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •