Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Default Animal abuse. immoral?

hey guys I found this story on liveleak

FOREST GROVE, Ore. (KOMO4) -- He said he was trying to put a dog out of its misery but how he went about doing it is raising questions.

"I went out and I took a hammer and hit her and I thought I'd killed her pretty good," said Hyrum Long, about his 14-year-old dog, Molly, who he said had been suffering.

"When I left, she was not making no noise or movement," he said. "(Otherwise) I would have stayed with her and made sure she was dead."

Long said after striking the dog with a hammer and burying her, he and his family went to dinner. And that is when neighbors heard the dog's cries.

And what they discovered was shocking - a dog buried up to its neck and suffering from an obvious head injury. There was a pillow under the dog's head and a log on top of that.

"She dug her way out," said Long.

"She foamed at the mouth," said Susan Johnson, who also owns the dog. "She showed no signs of life and I wanted her buried here because I'm that close to my dog."

It turned out Molly was alive and she was taken to the Oregon Humane Society to be treated for multiple injuries. However, she was so badly hurt that they ended up euthanizing her.

"This is a bad, bad thing to see," said Kris Otteman with the Oregon Humane Society. "This is a really devastating case and the main issue with it is that I think it's obvious that the dog had been suffering for a long period of time."

The owners said they didn't have the money to euthanize the dog and ultimately just wanted to bury her at home. And they said they never meant to harm her.

"Now I wished I'd let her die on her own," said Long. "I'd never want to see an animal suffer like that."

Police say there are a lot of unanswered questions. A criminal case has been opened and possible charges include aggravated animal abuse
    I personally dislike people who are abusers of animals, it kind of irritates me because the puppy or whatever the hell it is can't fight back. you would think that people wouldn't want animals to feel pain (especially cute ones who gives a shit about cows).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Leo M View Post

I personally dislike people who are abusers of animals, it kind of irritates me because the puppy or whatever the hell it is can't fight back. you would think that people wouldn't want animals to feel pain (especially cute ones who gives a shit about cows).
    how was this animal abuse? his intentions were kind after all.

Normal User

Unless you are vegan or at least vegetarian, you have no room to talk : (
    Billions of animals are artificially bred every year only to be tortured and slaughtered in very inhumane ways. Factory farms are the ultimate form of animal abuse. And your ignorant statement about cows is extremely immature, but dont forget about chicks and piggies! They are cute!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fraye View Post
    Billions of animals are artificially bred every year only to be tortured and slaughtered in very inhumane ways. Factory farms are the ultimate form of animal abuse. And your ignorant statement about cows is extremely immature, but dont forget about chicks and piggies! They are cute!
    we just have to find a way to make these animals stupider/feel no pain. problem solved.

Normal User

Animal abuse is very immoral. It's not treated harsh enough in some ways, I think. But, it was an accident as to what happened with him bashing the dogs head in. I don't think they should put charges on him, he really doesn't deserve it. Humane Society is a state run facility. I'd turn this against the state and say this should be free. Get a good black lawyer and you're set.
    And we will come from the shadows...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgard View Post
    Get a good black lawyer and you're set.
    goddamn i hate when people have to use race in everything. your no better then the PC society you bash.

Normal User

This will tell you a lot about why vegetarianism is wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTog_NtCEio

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by rockyraccoon View Post
    we just have to find a way to make these animals stupider/feel no pain. problem solved.
    But it wont happen. Why waste the time and money to help animals who are just going to die and end up on a plate? Think about the millions of animals around the world that have to be killed in factory farms every day to feed (unnecessarily) billions of people around the world. Animals have become a product. Products are used to make money, nothing more nothing less.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by rockyraccoon View Post
    goddamn i hate when people have to use race in everything. your no better then the PC society you bash.

It's called humor, you dick wad. If you don't find it funny, or at least don't see the merit in allowing me to find it funny regardless of your opinion, you ARE the PC society I bash.

Banned

But it wont happen. Why waste the time and money to help animals who are just going to die and end up on a plate? Think about the millions of animals around the world that have to be killed in factory farms every day to feed (unnecessarily) billions of people around the world. Animals have become a product. Products are used to make money, nothing more nothing less.
    i guess we should let those millions(most second and third worlders don't use this method as i recall) starve to death.

another thing, i don't see how we can feed ourselves any other method besides reducing our population.

2000+

You don't have to be vegan to be against unnecessary suffering.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgard View Post
    It's called humor, you dick wad. If you don't find it funny, or at least don't see the merit in allowing me to find it funny regardless of your opinion, you ARE the PC society I bash.
    you were going serious, then had to use a non-funny joke that didn't seem like a joke which sounded like racism to me. that explanation though solved things, and all is well that ends well.

Normal User

That story made me sad.

However, I don't think they guy should be charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    I woke up in the morning and realized Ron Paul was President...and I JIZZED IN MY PANTS.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbubbles View Post
    I'd help fermer. becuase he is much better than you in every way.

There are much easier ways of killing an animal then bashing its head in with a hammer.
    Note: Darkfall moderators are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business other than Darkfall Board moderating, our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Chernobog View Post
    There are much easier ways of killing an animal then bashing its head in with a hammer.
    QFT
    Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    I woke up in the morning and realized Ron Paul was President...and I JIZZED IN MY PANTS.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbubbles View Post
    I'd help fermer. becuase he is much better than you in every way.