Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Did Age of Conan get better since launch?

I was one of those people avidly waiting for the game's release, I played the PVP weekend beta and loved it, even though it was kinda buggy.

I really like the graphics, and the combat system. But the MAJOR turnoff for me besides all the annoying ass bugs and clipping, was there was allmost no direction in that game. Quests from 1-20 went smoothly and progressed nicely. After 20, this is were it starts to fuck up. It seems fine still when your getting close to 30, but once you hit 30 and did all the quests for that zone, there is allmost no directions or advancement to anouther zone!

I went up to lvl 33 or so as a barb in the usual 20+ zone, forgot the name. But once I finished it basically told me LOL GTFO. Only other zone I went to, started off around 20-23 and all the fucking quests were for levels 20-30, but once that dried up there was no were to go but just grind mobs in the back area of the zone which were 30+.

That turned me off so much I quit the game and never returned. They really needed to make leveling have a smooth zone transition like in other games, most noteably "WoW".

Ya you can flame WoW, but you have to admit blizzard was a GENIUS in there leveling design. Every zone had some sort of final chain quest or travel quest to the next zone for your level range.

But anyways, what is your opinion on the game?

Have you played, did it get better, did they make leveling more polished in quests? and is there an actual endgame?

5000+

You can see the level for the zone or dungeon on the map if you didn't notice. There is solo content for your level and the first 2 group only dungeons at roughly 35-40 intended level. Of course the game has improved, just go read the patch notes on the forum, everyone can read them now.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Weeking View Post
    You can see the level for the zone or dungeon on the map if you didn't notice. There is solo content for your level and the first 2 group only dungeons at roughly 35-40 intended level. Of course the game has improved, just go read the patch notes on the forum, everyone can read them now.
    I know when i looked on my map there was lvl ranges, but there really is no help in getting to the different zones or what they are for.

One zone said level 30-40 and it was just a crafting zone.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Andrial View Post
    I know when i looked on my map there was lvl ranges, but there really is no help in getting to the different zones or what they are for.

One zone said level 30-40 and it was just a crafting zone.
    Apart from the resource zones, they have the right values, but it is the level of the mobs, not when you should be there. You can kill mobs +4 levels generally, so you can go to level 40+ zones at level 36 to kill some of the mobs and can get quests to kill them at f ex 38 even when the zone starts at 40 so it is generally a good idea to go there before the level indicated. And you get a quest indicator in the map and minimap telling you how to get to the zone of your active quest if you don't know how to get there. And you'll get a mount at lvl 40 so it is easier to explore and so on.

It is now, can't remember if it was at launch, info on the map about the zones, crafting, pvp, dungeon or adventure zone (the big ones) f ex.
    Last edited by Weeking; 03-03-2009 at 08:18.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

Normal User

got better since launch in terms of stability, and the fact they merged all servers since only 1 was anything more then scarcly populated

but in terms of content, nope.

and for those who have been wetting themselves about speedhack in darkfall, for the record speedhack works on AOC and has done since day #1

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by spikeownzu View Post
    got better since launch in terms of stability, and the fact they merged all servers since only 1 was anything more then scarcly populated

but in terms of content, nope.

and for those who have been wetting themselves about speedhack in darkfall, for the record speedhack works on AOC and has done since day #1
    They've added some dungeons, PvP system, PvP and exp gear and some other stuff, ppl there seems to be happier than ever. There is still some issues on sieges and class balancing tho.

Normal User

"some issues" slight understatement, lol.

and new dungeons? which ones?

before adding new dungeons they could fix the AI, lol.

as for PVP levels, everybody already exploited and got level 4-5 by their own guildies

6000+

Did Age of Conan get better since launch?

`nuff said...
    <a href=http://unitedpirates.org/images/mysig.gif target=_blank>http://unitedpirates.org/images/mysig.gif</a>

Forumfall: Flames we can believe in...

7000+
    www.Forumfall.com Webmaster
    Long term follower

does it have a free trial?

14,000+

are you trying to compare it to the massive fail that is darkfall?

Normal User

the combat system is still fucking shit

Normal User

It is way better but I still wouldn't pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    I woke up in the morning and realized Ron Paul was President...and I JIZZED IN MY PANTS.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbubbles View Post
    I'd help fermer. becuase he is much better than you in every way.

1000+

Right, because now that Darkfall's out lets go play AoC.
    New Hampshire rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    Anything with shire in the name is extremely non-hetero.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodoBaggins View Post
    hey, FUCK YOU.

Normal User

aoc combat system is alrite actually, but the classes are unbalanced and not very inventive

darkfall can no way be considered a fail, if darkfall sucks or if their still fucking about 1-2 months down the line, then you can start calling something a fail until then your just talking noob shit

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Wrong View Post
    Right, because now that Darkfall's out lets go play AoC.
    Out? I'm sorry sir, but Darkfall did not release.
    I woke up in the morning and realized Ron Paul was President...and I JIZZED IN MY PANTS.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbubbles View Post
    I'd help fermer. becuase he is much better than you in every way.