Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Default Darkfall custom PC.

Since i have been waiting so long, my wife has agreed that when DF launches I may buy a new PC. My current PC hasn't been cool since about 2003,which I'm sure is one reason I wasn't invited into beta.So..........I was hoping some of the gear junkies on here could help me design a badass PC that would be able to handle anything DF could throw at it. Should I build it myself or should I go with an HP or dell? Does anyone know what the system requirements will be yet? I'm going to try to keep this under a grand. I appreciate everyone's input.

Normal User

Default =)

I have had many HP computer thrue my years of gaming and All of them seem to crash...i have had 1 Dell comp now and it works perfectly...so i can only recomend Dell

www.dell.com

Good luck.

Sorry , but I don't see how DF system requirements and hardware configurations are off topic.

Normal User

All those who phailed and made a computer for AoC will be glad to know that the computer is perfect for DFO as well.

What is a "custom" PC? I just build PC's.. Sorry about your wife bro, she only let you build one until now, that sucks.

Normal User

What is your price range? I built a sick-ass comp for $900 and would be glad to give you the specs.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by celove27 View Post
    What is your price range?
    ^^^

This is pure speculation, but based on the screen shots and videos we've seen, I think we can trust Av when they say it will run on an older computer.

So I'd say you don't have to go too crazy to build one that runs DF well. By the sound of things, though, it might be a while before you will be able to build another so you may want to go big or go home anyway.

If I were to build a new one right now, I'd go with the following. I do play lots of other games, mind you:
    Intel Core i7 930 2.93 GHz Processor
    6GB Crucial DDR3 Memory
    Decent Motherboard (I recommend ASUS) >= $175 US
    nVidia GTX 285 Graphics Card
    Decent Power supply, at least 600W and >= $150 US
    A large case so theres ample room for the big video card, with lots and lots of cooling capacity.

For the hard drive, I'd recommend a Western Digital Black series, my 1TB is awesome. If you want to go all out, a WD Velociraptor is the fastest out there and even gives solid state disks a run for their money. Maybe others have had different experiences but I have yet to have a WD hard drive die on me.

I've tried running 2 video cards (two 8800GT's in SLi) but wasn't super impressed with it. In the future I'm going to stick with one very high end card.
    Last edited by ranvier; 02-04-2009 at 01:26.

"If you cant dazzle 'em with knowledge, baffle 'em with bullshit"

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Price View Post
    Since i have been waiting so long, my wife has agreed that when DF launches I may buy a new PC. My current PC hasn't been cool since about 2003,which I'm sure is one reason I wasn't invited into beta.So..........I was hoping some of the gear junkies on here could help me design a badass PC that would be able to handle anything DF could throw at it. Should I build it myself or should I go with an HP or dell? Does anyone know what the system requirements will be yet? I'm going to try to keep this under a grand. I appreciate everyone's input.
    If it's JUST for darkfall and basic operations any computer with a decent graphics card would do.

However if your considering doing other gaming as well, and maybe some other heavy tasks, I would stay away from Clones like Dells and HP's.
    Go down to your local home owned Comp Shop and get somebody down there to help you build a system, with good upgrade capabilities for future use.

Plus, your pretty much guaranteed to get better customer service and technical support from a local shop then any big money giant corporation bunch of buttholes.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Konox View Post
    I have had many HP computer thrue my years of gaming and All of them seem to crash...i have had 1 Dell comp now and it works perfectly...so i can only recomend Dell

www.dell.com

Good luck.
    Dell? dell sucks unbelievably... They are slow and they are crap. That is the summary.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram11 View Post
    Dell? dell sucks unbelievably... They are slow and they are crap. That is the summary.
    Custom built is usually better, yes.

Normal User

I must admit, Darkfall is not going to be that much of a

'Graphic consuming game'

Nor high processor use.

So virtually spending 500 pound custom building a computer should put you straight to run it on full.

I built my computer off

ww.scan.co.uk

-Civil

Normal User

if you end up building or having anything built for you (prebuilt is teh ghey) you'll have to be very careful of compatibilty, i learned a few things the hard way with that regard heh

Quote Originally Posted by Civil View Post
    I must admit, Darkfall is not going to be that much of a

'Graphic consuming game'

Nor high processor use.

So virtually spending 500 pound custom building a computer should put you straight to run it on full.

I built my computer off

ww.scan.co.uk

-Civil
    you kind of got raped for buying tech parts in the UK since you'll always be paying 20-30% extra after the currency exchange prices