Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned

Default Fawkes's Problem With "Lycanthrope".

Alright, well most of us have seen the movie "Underworld" and know of them race in Darkfall named the Mahirim.

If this belongs in the RP section, I'll ask the mods to move it there, but anyway here's my thread:

Lyancthrope is the name of the Vampire's arch-nemesis in the movie "Underworld". They're werewolves, basically. However calling the Mahirim "Lycanthrope" isn't politically or technically correct.

Lycanthropy was an illness, when a person thought he or she was a werewolf. Thought, they were. A case of this was in Germany when a man killed several pregnant women and ate their fetuses. He said the devil gave him a magic belt that let him turn into a wolf. It's not true, but it was a mental defect in the man's brain that led him to believe it was.

The Mahirim are upright wolves. They can't morph shapes, they are actually upright wolves, they're not mentally unstable Germans who think they are.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the Lycanthrope vs. Mahirim debate. Discuss.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by [O]_Fawkes View Post
    Alright, well most of us have seen the movie "Underworld" and know of them race in Darkfall named the Mahirim.

If this belongs in the RP section, I'll ask the mods to move it there, but anyway here's my thread:

Lyancthrope is the name of the Vampire's arch-nemesis in the movie "Underworld". They're werewolves, basically. However calling the Mahirim "Lycanthrope" isn't politically or technically correct.

Lycanthropy was an illness, when a person thought he or she was a werewolf. Thought, they were. A case of this was in Germany when a man killed several pregnant women and ate their fetuses. He said the devil gave him a magic belt that let him turn into a wolf. It's not true, but it was a mental defect in the man's brain that led him to believe it was.

The Mahirim are upright wolves. They can't morph shapes, they are actually upright wolves, they're not mentally unstable Germans who think they are.

dc;dr

Normal User

Mahirim are taller and stronger and weild kickass weapons!

Normal User

the legend of Lycanthropy is from the ancient greek ( for the name) and India for origin, is one of the most fomaous legend
    mahirim = lycantropos
    because lycantropos means wolf+man ( λύκος + ἄνθρωπος)
    and mahirim are in fact humans with wolf skin ( and some charactering)
    Soph, from italy, excuse my broken english, but i dont want to learn it , so or you understant me, o you not.
    L' Italia è la migliore ^^

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Soph View Post
    the legend of Lycanthropy is from the ancient greek ( for the name) and India for origin, is one of the most fomaous legend
    mahirim = lycantropos
    because lycantropos means wolf+man ( λύκος + ἄνθρωπος)
    and mahirim are in fact humans with wolf skin ( and some charactering)

Mahirim are wolves. Read their lore and you'll see they've only gained the ability to speak and think like humans.

The Mahirim can't change into a human either.

Normal User

Mahirim are wolves. Read their lore and you'll see they've only gained the ability to speak and think like humans.

The Mahirim can't change into a human either.

yes but lycantropos arent simply man that can morph to wolf, they are simply man-wolf

but mahirim are most "lupi homenarii" so they are 100% wolf , but can do all things as an human
    Soph, from italy, excuse my broken english, but i dont want to learn it , so or you understant me, o you not.
    L' Italia è la migliore ^^

9000+

Wolfmen as wolfmen. All of them are equal when they get my axe into their chests.
    Fuck you.

Normal User

Now what if I am a German who plays a Mahirim?
    Thank God I'm an Atheist.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Ion_StormH View Post
    Now what if I am a German who plays a Mahirim?
    Do you eat fetuses?
    ------★☆★☆★☆★-----
    -----★☆★☆★☆★-----

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by psycho91 View Post
    Do you eat fetuses?
    Jewish fetuses, yes.
    Fuck you.

How about Lycanmorphs?
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by psycho91 View Post
    Do you eat fetuses?
    Well, do chicken eggs count?
    Thank God I'm an Atheist.

Banned

There is no discussion. Mahirim are wolf people. They will never ever be human. Humans will never ever turn into Mahirim. Werewolves have zero place in this game... please remove your head from your ass if you plan on playing a werewolf and just get your fetish filled by playing a Mahirim. If I -ever- see a human that claims in RP that he can turn into a wolf I'll make sure that me, my guild, my friends, and the entire game world know his name so he can be beaten into submission like the bitch he is.

Your friendly neighborhood ninja (Unless he sees a werewolf), G'day. *bows*
    Last edited by Villageninja; 02-03-2009 at 23:51.

1000+

Damn i just realised that Mahirims actually is furrys >.<

Quote Originally Posted by HauptmannHP View Post
    I don't have a good answer as to why custom avatars are not allowed, but I looking at some of the signatures, I can imagine what it would be like.

1000+

A lycanthrope is any wolf-like humanoid. It's like saying hydrophobia isn't a fear of water just because it can also describe rabies. Don't argue semantics.
    Rathynas

I'm a girl, dammit! >:[
    Quote Originally Posted by chris322 View Post
    left for dead is awsome i love vs. mode evan know you get pwned instantly:bang::bang::idea:
    Jacque's Gay Counter: 29