1000+

Unhappy Umm Hellgate London Revived! :blinks:

Umm Hellgate London Revived! :blinks:

Okay now this is insane lol biggest failed mmorpg of 2008 is back:

http://kanehart.com/2009/01/hellgate...n-revived.html
    Notice: All my opinions are of my own and no one else's. Be a man and only reply and post if your going to do so in a civilized manner.

1000+

I wish they just made a 3d version of Diablo, instead of that crap. Hell even a better 2d version. What a waste. I don't see the point of what they are doing. Although if it is going to be F2P and they make a significant turn around.....no I still won't buy it.

I was educated in Jesus Camp!

1000+

Temp its http://66.197.167.21/~kanehart/2009/...n-revived.html

Moving the domain to blogger
    Notice: All my opinions are of my own and no one else's. Be a man and only reply and post if your going to do so in a civilized manner.

1000+

Free to play eh? I might give it a try.

Zurvan is racist! :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Manifoldgodhead View Post
    Woohoo I":M DRUNK, I mean thank you for they update. I will most definably be here for release and love all over your game amazing. Thanks for spell shoelace.

Normal User

taken from flagshipped
    Yes, Hellgate will be shutting down on February 1st, 12AM, as it has always been planned. However, Gamasutra caught wind of a Redbana US press release and decided that month’s-old news was new to them. Gamasutra’s insight offers that HanbitSoft will eventually start making updates to Hellgate. I’m sure in a few more months Gamasutra will also learn that HanbitSoft has already been doing so. What’s most interesting about Redbana US’s press release is that it says nothing about keeping up US/EU server support like Gamasutra has been leading on (and now Kotaku as well). Apparently everyone is still forgetting that Namco still owns the distribution rights of Hellgate in the US.

So will Hellgate servers shut down on February 1st still? Yes, they will. Will the game come back to the US later? Maybe, but maybe is all we have to actually go on.
    I enjoyed Hardcore Elite mode. Game could have been really good (but wasn't, of course)
    I do hope that eventually it will get to be continued in the US, but for now who knows :P

(I have a feeling Diablo 3 will be care-beared This may be the only other action rpg that is/could be good.)

Let us die from fall damage.

Normal User

I thought the game was fun...for a...placeholder until next mmo/diablo 3 type of thing. I didn't really play it to its full extent though. I also never subscribed so I'm not hurt about money =)

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Loadafreak View Post
    taken from flagshipped

(I have a feeling Diablo 3 will be care-beared This may be the only other action rpg that is/could be good.)
    Why do you think D3 will be carebeared? I think they'll stick to the idea of Diablo 2... but improve on it. Are you talking about the pvp aspect of it? Can't expect it to be darkfall =)

Maybe you're more talking about the hardcore aspect? I doubt Blizzard will ditch hardcore modes.

Normal User

If they ditch hardcore mode.... Ah.dfhDFadhf.. no fuck that I don't even want to think about that.

I just think with their success in WoW will have an effect on the game (difficulty=fun wise.)

But it does look fun so far from the trailers (huge screen-filling fucking monster at the end bites guy's head off ftw.) So I don't know.

My main hopes are:
    -hardcore mode still the same (1life, no exceptions.)
    -a crackdown on cheaters/dupers/other shit.
    -A challenging game (nightmare hell mode at least )

Let us die from fall damage.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Loadafreak View Post
    If they ditch hardcore mode.... Ah.dfhDFadhf.. no fuck that I don't even want to think about that.

I just think with their success in WoW will have an effect on the game (difficulty=fun wise.)

But it does look fun so far from the trailers (huge screen-filling fucking monster at the end bites guy's head off ftw.) So I don't know.

My main hopes are:
    -hardcore mode still the same (1life, no exceptions.)
    -a crackdown on cheaters/dupers/other shit.
    -A challenging game (nightmare hell mode at least )
    I really hope for that... I was jaded I guess you can say in D2... I came in with the expansion, and basically got all the items I needed from friends... I had mules full of arcane valors and sojs... It was just a grind, but the item aspect was never there for me.

You'd think with all the revenue they're getting from World of Warcraft that they would abandon b.net, or re-do it with better protection/optimization. It just seems to me like they left SC/BW/D2 out to dry other than dealing with the ladders, but even they're hacked.

---edit--- I won't even play DoTA because of the maphacking and shit, makes no sense... doesn't even make sense to play sc/bw/warIII for the rts aspect. It's really sad that people hack UMS.

1000+

I don't know why they bothered bring it back :P

Banned

What a waste of money that game was. I remember my friends for 2 weeks were playing and finally convinced me to play. I played for 1-2 days and never played it again.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderWolffe View Post
    What a waste of money that game was. I remember my friends for 2 weeks were playing and finally convinced me to play. I played for 1-2 days and never played it again.
    I agree its more of a frigan arcade game then a mmo or even a game :S