Page 1 of 15 1211 ... LastLast
    3000+

Default Ron Paul demolishes more assholes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k92fTDReHg

I'm interested to see what you pseudo-intellectual Keynesians think of this.

Just kidding. You're wrong, so there's no use being interested.
    www.alltimed.org/l33t

Thunder Scott//Justinian//Crucifixion//Amalek

14,000+

Um, the sad part is none of those who argue for monetary expansion, bailouts, and any other kind of government spending usually don't know where those ideas originated from.

Also, what I found interesting is how all of them were crowded around listening to the guy as if his ideas should be taken seriously. Sort of a new thing when it comes to the media.
    Last edited by Killuminati; 01-27-2009 at 19:34.

Normal User

Man, now he is getting some coverage. Where was the coverage during presidential election.

I started the Forumfall Hairstyle Meme.

6000+

Cool

i saw this one this morning...and i find you ruse of the term "demolishes" truly hilarious

yes, Dr Paul was adamant about his position, but a few things here

one - he outright states that he knows he will "never have his perfect society" - thus acknowledging somewhat the futility of a utopian dream...no matter the flavor

two - he clearly states his desire to do away with all federal taxes and agencies, as well as his statements to remove ourselves from any and all foreign affairs...but when asked how to pay for the functions that would be left...he wanted to lay off all things on the states, besides the military...then skips over how to pay for the military/intelligence functions with no federal income

three - much of his position revolves around his thinking that all functions should be the realm of the states, with them somehow sharing the burden of national items like highways without the Fed...again this neglects the reality that the states are pretty much broke/in debt and have NO funds for what thye already cover with their own tax structures and Fed dollars coming in....so how will they pay for all these new responsibilities?

four - when asked for a solution, by the supply side Wall Street commentator, definitely not any kind of Keynesian, Dr Paul dodged at first...stating again what he would NOT do...when asked what he would do...there was NO answer besides to let everything fail....asked specifically about the auto industry, he stated that they should be helped out..by private funds...when pointed out to him that no one was offering private funds he stated "then there is no value there"

this flies in the face of objective fact in many of these instances...there IS value, but no one is willing or able to provide those kinds of investments at this time when the financial markets are in such disarray...not any kind of problem with Dr Paul's point here...just the actual facts of reality

in short, i can understand where Dr Paul is coming from, and he has a lot of good things to say...but in this interview he offers NO solutions other than let it fail and do away with taxes and somehow the states and market will fix everything after the collapse

this was "demolishing"?

do watch the video and decide for yourselves, imo
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

"I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL

1000+ Long term follower

The title to this thread promised x rated debauchery. False advertisement.
    Freedom is never free.

Dark Carnival Clan Leader Long term follower

I'm glad you post all of the RP and Peter Schiff videos. They are always quality. I'll respond to Gonzo's post when I get home from class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bernanke View Post
    people know that inflation erodes the real value of the government's debt and, therefore, that it is in the interest of the government to create some inflation.

/worship RP
    /thread

Darkfall Online renamed to Fighting Goblins Online
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=86158

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by DocGonzo View Post
    i saw this one this morning...and i find you ruse of the term "demolishes" truly hilarious

yes, Dr Paul was adamant about his position, but a few things here

one - he outright states that he knows he will "never have his perfect society" - thus acknowledging somewhat the futility of a utopian dream...no matter the flavor
    Who cares? This just proves he isn't insane. Reaching much?

two - he clearly states his desire to do away with all federal taxes and agencies, as well as his statements to remove ourselves from any and all foreign affairs...but when asked how to pay for the functions that would be left...he wanted to lay off all things on the states, besides the military...then skips over how to pay for the military/intelligence functions with no federal income
    The point is that the military/intelligence go away for the most part. Intelligence especially. The CIA is a big no-no in most libertarians' eyes. Intelligence, sure. CIA, no. What's wrong with that? Scared we're going to be attacked willy-nilly by terrorists if we don't have Mommy Government there to protect us wittle kiddies? I, for one, am willing to take the chance.

three - much of his position revolves around his thinking that all functions should be the realm of the states, with them somehow sharing the burden of national items like highways without the Fed...again this neglects the reality that the states are pretty much broke/in debt and have NO funds for what thye already cover with their own tax structures and Fed dollars coming in....so how will they pay for all these new responsibilities?
    The States are broke/in debt now, yes. It's the policies that the supply-siders and Keynesians advocate, however, that has brought us to this point, i.e. debt-financing as opposed to capital financing. We are living on top of a giant, upside-down pyramid of debt, and it's going to collapse. Might as well swallow the pill sooner rather than later.

four - when asked for a solution, by the supply side Wall Street commentator, definitely not any kind of Keynesian, Dr Paul dodged at first...stating again what he would NOT do...when asked what he would do...there was NO answer besides to let everything fail....asked specifically about the auto industry, he stated that they should be helped out..by private funds...when pointed out to him that no one was offering private funds he stated "then there is no value there"

this flies in the face of objective fact in many of these instances...there IS value, but no one is willing or able to provide those kinds of investments at this time when the financial markets are in such disarray...not any kind of problem with Dr Paul's point here...just the actual facts of reality
    There is no value outside of an orderly bankruptcy and the liquidation of assets to allow competent people to pick up where they left off. There is no value in the common stock of the automakers, the banks, and anyone "receiving" a bailout simply because all of the value is in the preferred stock (guess who got that? :P)

in short, i can understand where Dr Paul is coming from, and he has a lot of good things to say...but in this interview he offers NO solutions other than let it fail and do away with taxes and somehow the states and market will fix everything after the collapse

this was "demolishing"?

do watch the video and decide for yourselves, imo
    You say he offers no solutions, then you go on to say what his solution is: let it collapse. It's a gigantic bubble built on the false promises of the central government (i.e. Federal Reserve Notes). It's a Ponzi scheme unlike any that has ever been seen before. It is doomed to failure. We might as well let it fail now rather than prolong the agony.

That's as good a solution as I can see.
    www.alltimed.org/l33t

Thunder Scott//Justinian//Crucifixion//Amalek

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    The title to this thread promised x rated debauchery. False advertisement.
    Wow I loled so fucking hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    the filter is there for your protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    Fuck you I like having emotions and occasionally talking about girly things
    Date of Death: June 18, 2064.

6000+

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    Who cares? This just proves he isn't insane. Reaching much?
    nope, stop projecting, infant

The point is that the military/intelligence go away for the most part. Intelligence especially. The CIA is a big no-no in most libertarians' eyes. Intelligence, sure. CIA, no. What's wrong with that? Scared we're going to be attacked willy-nilly by terrorists if we don't have Mommy Government there to protect us wittle kiddies? I, for one, am willing to take the chance.
    are you the child who is still in school and asked on Forumfall for advice about your first girlfriend breaking up with you?

when your balls drop and you do a tour in the military, get back to me...until then you apparently know jack shit on this topic, rendering it impossible to explain objective reality in the 21st century to your fantasy filled mind....and remember, i was speaking out against the Iraq invasion before it even started, so don't confuse me with the neocon hawks

but you figure how much and what it takes to keep a ballistic missile sub going, not to mention thousands of ICBMs...or the entire Marine corps, and then ask an adult why we have them

The States are broke/in debt now, yes. It's the policies that the supply-siders and Keynesians advocate, however, that has brought us to this point, i.e. debt-financing as opposed to capital financing. We are living on top of a giant, upside-down pyramid of debt, and it's going to collapse. Might as well swallow the pill sooner rather than later.
    supply siders does not equal Keynesians...the two are pretty much polar opposites as far as i know...and while i agree in principle to the point you and Dr Paul make here...swallowing that "pill" is a catastrophe beyond your imagination if left alone...it would make the Depression look like sunday school

what's the best answer...fuck if i know, folks smarter than me better figure it out...together, rather than bickering over ideology...and you better pray to all you hold holy they do

There is no value outside of an orderly bankruptcy and the liquidation of assets to allow competent people to pick up where they left off. There is no value in the common stock of the automakers, the banks, and anyone "receiving" a bailout simply because all of the value is in the preferred stock (guess who got that? :P)
    yeah...start with the financials that got truckloads of millions, until the banking and financial industry collapse and the toxic assets they hold are valued correctly, nothing else matters does it?

You say he offers no solutions, then you go on to say what his solution is: let it collapse. It's a gigantic bubble built on the false promises of the central government (i.e. Federal Reserve Notes). It's a Ponzi scheme unlike any that has ever been seen before. It is doomed to failure. We might as well let it fail now rather than prolong the agony.

That's as good a solution as I can see.
    you truly have no fucking clue what "collapse" would mean...and no...letting things fail is not a solution...it is a result, learn2english

Why did that one guy think Ron Pauls perfect society involved the dude sitting on the beach being served drinks by robots. Is that how most people see libertarians or was that guy talking about his own perfect society?

14,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    Why did that one guy think Ron Pauls perfect society involved the dude sitting on the beach being served drinks by robots. Is that how most people see libertarians or was that guy talking about his own perfect society?
    Probably a little of both, but he acknowledges our country is built on credit not capital.

6000+

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Killuminati View Post
    Probably a little of both, but he acknowledges our country is built on credit not capital.
    it been built on fiat...not even credit, and gambling (wall street) rather than actually making value added products via industry

THAT is where you have to start, put Americans back to work making things and Americans buying them rather than cheap shit imports of dubious quality

until we shift from gambling to making, then no progress can truly be made, imo

Normal User

i pretty much agree with doc here.

After hearing the interview i was kinda meh. he didn't really offered a viable solution apart from 'letting it burst'. And no, anyone sane and with a little clue about economics can tell you why this is certainly not viable.

although the economic crisis hasn't hit my country as bad as it has usa i'm pretty certain that a bunch of competent people that know their shit and actually run this economy are trying to deal with it. The real question though is: those people, who only care for their personal gain, will they gauze the short term money that they can get out of this situation (because money doesn't disappear, it always goes somewhere) to be better than 'saving' (lessening the impact of) the economy or not? I hope for the 2nd, but really, i'm clueless.

Banned

I wish Ross Perot was President. He was funny. Plus he was kinda cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfMW3xYhitQ