Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    1000+ Long term follower

Default Biden packpedaling

Democratic backpedaling

I just can't not say something about this. I am not an Obamanite, but I am not unilaterally opposed to him either. However, the Democratic party campaigned on how they are going bring our military stateside. They were hypercritical of even being overseas, specifically Iraq.

Now today I'm watching Face the Nation...and the Obama Administration (specifically in VP Biden's interview) is talking about how we will be engaging the enemy moreso than ever and Americans should expect a upswing in casualties.

What a damn cop out.

Everyone with a tactical and strategic minded brain could see Iraq was the next best strategic step in what will likely be a hundred year battle against Jihad, including many Democratic politicians. They used getting out of Iraq as a focal point of their campaigning, and now totally backstep, foot in mouth, preparing American's for more US casualties, spinning the situation beforehand so they don't lose support. (political support for the new administration, not the troops, just to be lear here)

When these casualties increase, remember the hypocrisy.

For the record I'm incredibly glad the Saddam regime is gone, but thoroughly disgusted Iraqis cant handle it from here on their own. I was ready to get our military out of there a while ago.
    Last edited by Warhawk; 01-25-2009 at 22:53.
    Freedom is never free.

1000+

You think politicians are honest on the campaign trail?

Srsly?

"You know, Dick, if I had my way, I'd meet Rommel face to face; him in his [Hover]tank and me in [my Hover tank]. We'd meet out there somewhere [in our Hover tanks]... salute each other, maybe drink a toast, then we'd button up [our Hover tanks] and do battle. " - Patton

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Caffy View Post

Srsly?

Why so serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by tallefred View Post
    Do you know how hard it is to get your penis into a 9 year old vagina? He was doing something difficult for God, I think you should respect that. Even if you don't follow his beliefs, Muhammed was sacrificing himself for something he believed in.

2000+

Srsly?

Ron Paul was. But he is no mere politician, he is jesus incarnate.
    "There is serious concern on the part of the
    military that they will not even be able to fight the war because of such factors as the EMP. However, I have faith in the military. I am sure they will do an admirable job of trying to destroy the world."

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Gaal View Post
    Why so serious?
    Because, I'm the God damn Batman.

"You know, Dick, if I had my way, I'd meet Rommel face to face; him in his [Hover]tank and me in [my Hover tank]. We'd meet out there somewhere [in our Hover tanks]... salute each other, maybe drink a toast, then we'd button up [our Hover tanks] and do battle. " - Patton

1000+ Long term follower

Srsly?

It isnt about serious or not serious, its about putting a spin in advance to save face and being totally hypocritical.

These jackasses were so hardcore about getting out of Iraq and "one omre US loss in Iraq is one too many", and now that they are privy to the information that only a few are privy to they see there is a legitimate reason for being there. THey have to spin the inevitible losses in advnance so they lose less supoprters.

They should have just said " Look in light of the reality of the Iraq campaign, which we were not aware of before, we must fight the insurgency until Iraq is unified."

Something like that. These people we've voted in and then been allowed to be appointed to positions of power, are not men at all. THey are typical backpedaling weenies.
    Freedom is never free.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    It isnt about serious or not serious, its about putting a spin in advance to save face and being totally hypocritical.

These jackasses were so hardcore about getting out of Iraq and "one omre US loss in Iraq is one too many", and now that they are privy to the information that only a few are privy to they see there is a legitimate reason for being there. THey have to spin the inevitible losses in advnance so they lose less supoprters.

They should have just said " Look in light of the reality of the Iraq campaign, which we were not aware of before, we must fight the insurgency until Iraq is unified."

Something like that. These people we've voted in and then been allowed to be appointed to positions of power, are not men at all. THey are typical backpedaling weenies.
    You think politicians are honest while in office?

Srsly?

Normal User

They are liars. You fell for it.
    *shrug*

2000+ Long term follower

I'm confused. Do you think there are legitimate reasons to continue the occupation of Iraq or not?

If you do believe that, would you have rather the Obama administration stuck to their guns and refused to acknowledge the reality on the ground for the sake of campaign promises, potentially putting national security at risk? It doesn't seem rational to insist a person not change their mind even in light of new information that their original position was untenable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Knight View Post
    That's why the USA wins.... we all play monopoly as kids. So we are used to the concept of fake money.

Banned

I don't like Biden all that much. I've followed Obama from before his candidacy and I think he'll be one of the most-loved presidents we'll have, but if he's killed and Biden takes office I don't think we'd be in a very good situation.

Biden's more Republican than Obama is, and I really don't think he'd go through with some of the things Obama would.

14,000+

Democratic backpedaling

I just can't not say something about this. I am not an Obamanite, but I am not unilaterally opposed to him either. However, the Democratic party campaigned on how they are going bring our military stateside. They were hypercritical of even being overseas, specifically Iraq.

Now today I'm watching Face the Nation...and the Obama Administration (specifically in VP Biden's interview) is talking about how we will be engaging the enemy moreso than ever and Americans should expect a upswing in casualties.

What a damn cop out.

Everyone with a tactical and strategic minded brain could see Iraq was the next best strategic step in what will likely be a hundred year battle against Jihad, including many Democratic politicians. They used getting out of Iraq as a focal point of their campaigning, and now totally backstep, foot in mouth, preparing American's for more US casualties, spinning the situation beforehand so they don't lose support. (political support for the new administration, not the troops, just to be lear here)

When these casualties increase, remember the hypocrisy.

For the record I'm incredibly glad the Saddam regime is gone, but thoroughly disgusted Iraqis cant handle it from here on their own. I was ready to get our military out of there a while ago.
    I don't know whether to laugh at you for not seeing this coming or to feel sorry for you.

Tea-Bagging since 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Ches View Post
    Im voteing Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc
    God damn newbie trolls...try harder next time.

1000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by MinusInnocence View Post
    I'm confused. Do you think there are legitimate reasons to continue the occupation of Iraq or not?

If you do believe that, would you have rather the Obama administration stuck to their guns and refused to acknowledge the reality on the ground for the sake of campaign promises, potentially putting national security at risk? It doesn't seem rational to insist a person not change their mind even in light of new information that their original position was untenable.

I would rather him just give the honest answer, simplified: "holy shit wow, we had no idea Iraq was actually this important. OK let's get the job done instead of bickering between parties"

They just wont admit they underestimated the situation. There'd be nothing wrong at all in admitting it, as they arent in the loop of the most crucial data.

Quote Originally Posted by Slypieguy View Post
    I don't know whether to laugh at you for not seeing this coming or to feel sorry for you.
    Dont do either, i didnt vote for these 2 and I saw the tip of it coming...I just didnt see it as the iceburg it looks like it may be.
    Freedom is never free.

lol democrats lying to get elected and then totally fucking up the country? YOU DONT SAY?!

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by greenman101 View Post
    lol democrats lying to get elected and then totally fucking up the country? YOU DONT SAY?!
    You mean like 2006 when they ran on the idea of the "most ethical congress ever", and promised to get spending under control?

It would be funny, if it wasn't so sad.

6000+

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk
    Everyone with a tactical and strategic minded brain could see Iraq was the next best strategic step in what will likely be a hundred year battle against Jihad, including many Democratic politicians.
    there's your fallacious postulate right there...

Iraq meant nothing, didn't then and doesn't know...as far as actual strategic or tactical purposes..unless your goal is to invade Iran on the ground...

other than that...it was a sheer waste of time, and a tremendous strategic blunder until AFTER Afghanistan/bin Laden were dealt with completely

to even think otherwise demonstrates either a lack of functioning grey matter, or slavery to neocon ideology

remove bin Laden and the jihadist's "Robin Hood" is gone

but MUCH more important...you must capture/kill Mullah Omar, who claims to have the "cloak of Muhammed" (in their mythology equivalent to the "spear of Longinus", supposedly imbuing the wielder with invincibility)

my understanding is that Iraq is not the focus any longer...but Afghanistan is, and that will be a tougher challenge due to Pakistan
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

"I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL